It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: Perhaps JMich hangs out too much with TinyE? ;-P
Now why would you assume that?
ChrisSD: I prefer the old version to be honest.
IAmSinistar: Likewise. This pace is too slow for me to bother with now.
Yeah, it's unGOGbearable now.
Luckly I think I got everything I can afford already.
Stilton: Initially, my email notification came when the sale started,

Stilton out ;-)
You're very lucky then. This sale started at 2pm BST on13 June and I received the email notification at 1.46am on 14 June - just short of 12 HOURS after it started. Fortunately, as I have my tablet on my desk at work and I check the website regularly, I had a suspicion the sale was going to start when no weekend promo had appeared by lunchtime. :-)

The Insomnia notification was a little better; the sale also started at 2pm local time and I received the email at 6.32pm the same day. Again, I was in at the beginning as I was checking the website intermittently during the day at work. (I hope my boss doen't lurk around here! :-p)

Like others I feel that the two games at a time is just a little bit TOO slow. I hope they change it up a bit tomorrow when the bundles change over again.
Post edited June 14, 2014 by LynetteC
JMich: Now why would you assume that?
The talk about asses? ;-P
LynetteC: You're very lucky then. This sale started at 2pm BST on15 June and I received the email notification at 1.46am on 16 June - just short of 12 HOURS after it started. Fortunately, as I have my tablet on my desk at work and I check the website regularly, I had a suspicion the sale was going to start when no weekend promo had appeared by lunchtime. :-)
Likewise, I usually get the email long after I've already discovered the sale on my own. Not too bad on regular sales, but on these timed events it's gotta sting for folks who aren't as fanatical about following the site.
Jade has not appeared a second time as yet. There are currently 174 games that have appeared and not appeared twice. At about 4 an hour is 100 per day, so it should show up again in the next 48 hours. Since this sale is continuing even with the pace of 2 games per half hour, with 226 flash sales revealed, games should repeat every 2.5 days or so.
I'm only waiting for Banished to appear but it seems it didnt show up, unlike many games that, afaik, seem to pop up every hour again & again >.> ( exaggerating a bit here but you know what i mean)
low rated
Day 1 - 6 games per flash rotation, several groups on front page

Day 2 - 2 games per flash rotation, front page reduced to 12 total + 2 main bundles

Anybody else see a pattern here? I'm betting they will change it every day just to raise anger and frustration at missing wishlist games, at least thats my reaction to this frikkin tactic which is pissing me off big time

Never seen flash rotations actually alter how they operate every 24 hours, thats unheard of from my experience of sales, tells me GOG are not playing by the rules so when they do the giveaways, freebies etc expect some major stupidity on their part, dont say I didnt warn you lot...
Time to sign off - I need a break from this s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n m-o-n-o-t-o-n-y...
LynetteC: You're very lucky then. This sale started at 2pm BST on15 June and I received the email notification at 1.46am on 16 June - just short of 12 HOURS after it started. Fortunately, as I have my tablet on my desk at work and I check the website regularly, I had a suspicion the sale was going to start when no weekend promo had appeared by lunchtime. :-)
IAmSinistar: Likewise, I usually get the email long after I've already discovered the sale on my own. Not too bad on regular sales, but on these timed events it's gotta sting for folks who aren't as fanatical about following the site.
i usually keep a decent eye on the site too, but was out of town yesterday, visiting family so I wasn't able to check... I even got the email and couldn't look into it!

Side question to anyone who knows... About Expeditions:conquisador what's a similar game? Trying to get an idea what game play is like and if you'd recommend it?
Cyberevil: Side question to anyone who knows... About Expeditions:conquisador what's a similar game? Trying to get an idea what game play is like and if you'd recommend it?
The gameplay is very similar to King's Bounty.
CelestialBunny: Never seen flash rotations actually alter how they operate every 24 hours, thats unheard of from my experience of sales, tells me GOG are not playing by the rules so when they do the giveaways, freebies etc expect some major stupidity on their part, dont say I didnt warn you lot...
What rules?

They said there would be 700 games discounted 50% and they are there. They said two daily bundles and so far we have had them. They said there would be 200 games on flash sales and they have been there. GOG has never said what structure the flash sales would follow.

You mean other kinds of sales? GOG special sales have never played by the rules at least since the Insomnia sales, I think.
Cyberevil: Side question to anyone who knows... About Expeditions:conquisador what's a similar game? Trying to get an idea what game play is like and if you'd recommend it?
Telika: The gameplay is very similar to King's Bounty.
Ok great, think I might pick it up then, since I liked KB.
I own everything on the current flash sale except Farcry which I own on CD and did not like. Should I give it another try?
And on the Unreal bundle:

(I've checked the Unreal forums but did not find much information in the line of my inquiry.)

I hope some might help me with more information. I like FPS but not multiplayer and not arena styles. I think I might enjoy Unreal 1 and 2 but I don't feel attracted to the Tournament ones (sacrilege! I know)

I've read that there are some mods for UT with single player missions so I'm getting inclined to buy them anyway.

Anyone has anything to add to tip the balance?