It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lostwolfe: those of you who know that i was camping out here for evoland?

some of the reason why i was trying to get it before friday is because it's my next let's play.

everyone rejoice!

and again. thanks, folks for keeping me company. :)
Tekkaman-James: I picked up the game near the start of the sale and have already beaten it. I found it to be a very enjoyable, yet brief, homage to classic JRPG/Adventure games. Definitely worth the sale price for fans of the genre.
when i played it through last year it was a complete blast. i really do wish that someone would tackle the same subject matter as an adventure/rpg hybrid.
high rated
Captain's Log

Day 8

Sails becalmed. No end in sight.

Crew restless. Rations running low. Soon we will have to eat our boots.

Cabin boy tried to lift our spirits by playing the accordion. Threw him overboard.

God have mercy on us.
IAmSinistar: Captain's Log

Day 8

Cabin boy tried to lift our spirits by playing the accordion. Threw him overboard.

God have mercy on us.
women and children first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IShkL0LtyBI
Dawnreader: But the impulse buys is the place where is all the fun belongs. I bought so far only 16 games in first days and didn't buy anything at All Bundles day because I convinced myself that my backlog is huge enough (only 130 titles comparing with quantities posted above in the thread) and I should play/replay those games firstly, and I can wait until XMas Sale (with all discounts right now it's insanity to wait sooo long! :) and I even make a threshold for myself - no more than 5 games per month (rare exceptions like Witcher 3 approved) but I sure if..no WHEN will be THE MIGHTY FALL INSOMNIA SALE !! all those rules can pack up and go to hell for sure :)
I like the Summer Sale format much much better than the Insomnia sale personally. Just from a standpoint of practicality and saving both money and time (and time is money). I'll keep an eye on whatever promos GOG ever does, but I don't think I'll keep myself glued to another Insomnia promo again in the future as it's just too much time glued to one website looking for toast crumbs. ;) All the power to them to do whatever kind of promo they like though if it is popular or interesting to other folks. I had a bit of fun with it too, but want something new next time around. :)

Day 8

God have mercy on us.
If you didn't beat the cabin boy to death with his own accordion and make him into the centerpiece of an all-crew luau? Missed opportunity.

Additional - Greetings to all. It's that time again....
As the gentleman/scholar known as skeletonbow stated just above myself, the summer sale brings a layer of practicality to a sales proceeding. But you know....there's something that the summer sale just doesn't bring to the table, and that would of course be the glorious pain, suffering and occasional triumph that comes with finding the game that fits you just right after 1-3 days of drinking stimulants until your eyes feel like little burning coals lodged inside your skull....
Do you find "practicality" boring? Do you find yourself thinking "I like it more when I HURT for these games"? Would you like to acknowledge the hard work of creative developers with a little bit of digital self-flagellation? Do you enjoy the camaraderie of knowing that there are other people across states, provinces, indeed the entire planet who are basking in the same combination of torment/elation as you? Would you like to just maybe have more of a story with your game purchase than fumbling for your credit/debit card, clicking and calling it a day?
Gods know I do!

And in that spirit, if you feel the same as me, by all means, click these links and vote -

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/lets_make_the_insomnia_sale_a_yearly_event_from_here_on_out

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/double_your_insomnia_painpleasure_lets_do_it_twice_a_year

It's masochism, sure. But in that good way. =)
Post edited June 20, 2014 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: And in that spirit, if you feel the same as me, by all means, click these links and vote -

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/lets_make_the_insomnia_sale_a_yearly_event_from_here_on_out

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/double_your_insomnia_painpleasure_lets_do_it_twice_a_year

It's masochism, sure. But in that good way. =)
Somebody at GOG really needs to fix the glitch that prevents me from voting for this multiple times. :P
skeletonbow: I like the Summer Sale format much much better than the Insomnia sale personally. Just from a standpoint of practicality and saving both money and time (and time is money). I'll keep an eye on whatever promos GOG ever does, but I don't think I'll keep myself glued to another Insomnia promo again in the future as it's just too much time glued to one website looking for toast crumbs. ;) All the power to them to do whatever kind of promo they like though if it is popular or interesting to other folks. I had a bit of fun with it too, but want something new next time around. :)
I see your point. But It's working if your target just buy some games from your list and you can log in on the Saint All Bundles Day, grab all them and finita la comedia. And I bought some games that I think keep me busy until next sale, and what then ? Boredom. But I'm speaking about immersion and passion, it's interesting event in first place, it's more about participation particularly, and getting games by sweet prices and freebies is just side effect, if somebody has ever been on the hunt or fishing than you know what I mean. Why go to a bar when you can just buy some good beer in local megamarket at an easy rate ? You pay for an ambiance. For me Summer\Xmas Sales is more like extended weekend deals with bigger discounts. Weekend deal doesn't go to any comparison when you're waiting the release of good old classic / new indie game that was not in GOG catalogue before and guessing what it may be. And I just pointing to this difference.

P. S. And we are gamers so what the hell is practicality? :) We're burning our lives in the games ^_^
P.P.S All above IMHO of course, just my thoughts

Day 8

God have mercy on us.
But the name of ship is GOG and thus it is encouraging all, this old chap saw many gales what sailors call a peeler and has known the glorious days.
Dawnreader: But the name of ship is GOG and thus it is encouraging all, this old chap saw many gales what sailors call a peeler and has known the glorious days.
On the good ship Lolligog.

I pray the kraken drags us under soon.
Dawnreader: I see your point. But It's working if your target just buy some games from your list and you can log in on the Saint All Bundles Day, grab all them and finita la comedia. And I bought some games that I think keep me busy until next sale, and what then ? Boredom. But I'm speaking about immersion and passion, it's interesting event in first place, it's more about participation particularly, and getting games by sweet prices and freebies is just side effect, if somebody has ever been on the hunt or fishing than you know what I mean. Why go to a bar when you can just buy some good beer in local megamarket at an easy rate ? You pay for an ambiance. For me Summer\Xmas Sales is more like extended weekend deals with bigger discounts. Weekend deal doesn't go to any comparison when you're waiting the release of good old classic / new indie game that was not in GOG catalogue before and guessing what it may be. And I just pointing to this difference.

P. S. And we are gamers so what the hell is practicality? :) We're burning our lives in the games ^_^
P.P.S All above IMHO of course, just my thoughts
What then you say? :) Boredom? ;) How about oh... I dunno... lesseeee here... um.. playing some of the bought games? Hehehe.

Well, the first Insomnia sale was something new so it was interesting to partake and observe the whole thing and the community reception of it and social aspects. The second Insomnia sale was IMHO an improvement over the first one technically but there wasn't nearly the amount of forum fanfare, not that that is good or bad or anything, just observation. Probably because it wasn't "new" anymore and the "new" effect wore off a bit on some. I know my social participation in Insomnia 2 was reduced compared to the first one, as was my monitoring of the homepage etc. All of the promos have some excitement too them of course, and social aspects too, but I'm not Keane on waiting out lengthy countdown timers like that much now. Kind of a been-there-did-that-gimme-something-new-now feel. :) Mind you, if someone writes up a python script or something to monitor the page and auto-buy stuff from a list of wants I'd contemplate checking that out perhaps. :) But then.... you gotta love a good Keaning from time to time too, it keeps things in balance and prevents rifts in time from tearing apart the fabric of the universe... :)
IAmSinistar: On the good ship Lolligog.

Hmm...Day of the Tentacle confirmed ?
IAmSinistar: On the good ship Lolligog.

Dawnreader: Hmm...Day of the Tentacle confirmed ?
My preference would be for X-COM: Terror From The Deep. But I'd also like (more tangentially) Prisoner Of Ice.
skeletonbow: What then you say? :) Boredom? ;) How about oh... I dunno... lesseeee here... um.. playing some of the bought games? Hehehe.

Well, the first Insomnia sale was something new so it was interesting to partake and observe the whole thing and the community reception of it and social aspects. The second Insomnia sale was IMHO an improvement over the first one technically but there wasn't nearly the amount of forum fanfare, not that that is good or bad or anything, just observation. Probably because it wasn't "new" anymore and the "new" effect wore off a bit on some. I know my social participation in Insomnia 2 was reduced compared to the first one, as was my monitoring of the homepage etc. All of the promos have some excitement too them of course, and social aspects too, but I'm not Keane on waiting out lengthy countdown timers like that much now. Kind of a been-there-did-that-gimme-something-new-now feel. :) Mind you, if someone writes up a python script or something to monitor the page and auto-buy stuff from a list of wants I'd contemplate checking that out perhaps. :) But then.... you gotta love a good Keaning from time to time too, it keeps things in balance and prevents rifts in time from tearing apart the fabric of the universe... :)
I will.. After work :) just waiting when deploy on the server come to the logical end, so little grumbling..
SW KotOR is waiting for me..wish it were here.. I hope GOG will get the pile of Lucas Arts games somewhen
IAmSinistar: My preference would be for X-COM: Terror From The Deep. But I'd also like (more tangentially) Prisoner Of Ice.
Ahh..tactical games is my weakness too..Wizard wand where are you ?
Post edited June 20, 2014 by Dawnreader
IAmSinistar: [...]

EDIT: Hmm, Master of Orion 3 again. Tempting to finish the set, but it has such terrible reviews. Even the alien on the game's page looks unhappy to be there.
Oh, look! It's calling you... again! Maybe if you caved and got it, it would stop coming up this often? ;-P
IAmSinistar: My preference would be for X-COM: Terror From The Deep. But I'd also like (more tangentially) Prisoner Of Ice.
I played that one briefly when it came out but hadn't finished the first one yet so I never had a chance to dig into it. Got it installed ATM too though and soon as I finally defeat UFO Defense I'm digging into Terror From the Deep right away too. :) I played the 3rd game (Apocalypse?) just briefly too but it was a loaner I had to give back. Don't remember much about it other than that I think it was higher resolution and a different game mechanic.

Dawnreader: I hope GOG will get the pile of Lucas Arts games somewhen
If Disney ever gets around to it, they're going to make a killing on those games here for sure.