It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: HA HA HA, oh man, that's great! I think I made the right decision to avoid this one then. :D
foxworks: But can you resist come fall? :p
Probably not. Especially if it's an Insomnia deal and that bar isn't moving. :)
IAmSinistar: Probably not. Especially if it's an Insomnia deal and that bar isn't moving. :)
GOG knows our weakness.
IAmSinistar: Probably not. Especially if it's an Insomnia deal and that bar isn't moving. :)
Please, don't mention the Fall Insomnia, not now; I'm having enough trouble with this one...I haven't slept properly in days...

I think I'm psychotic, I can't let these sales go. Its like the most addictive kind of PC game: just one more..gotta buy just one more... Oh no, I can't find my tranquilizers, WHERE ARE MY TRANQUILIZERS?!!!!
Do some games come up more often than others for sure? I've been waiting for Summoner and Shattered Haven to come up again (I missed them the other day, the once I've seen them up at all)... but I keep seeing other games coming up constantly.
mqstout: Do some games come up more often than others for sure? I've been waiting for Summoner and Shattered Haven to come up again (I missed them the other day, the once I've seen them up at all)... but I keep seeing other games coming up constantly.
Yes
Phc7006: MOO3 is a fine substitute for SAP Modules R/3, easier to setup on a modern system and cheaper.
IAmSinistar: HA HA HA, oh man, that's great! I think I made the right decision to avoid this one then. :D
well it's not THAT bad... for me it actually played a lot like MOO2 (it just isn't as good)... i have played a dozen or so supposed MOO2 successors and none were better than MOO3, they certainly look more modern and play slicker. but better? no. there is MOO2 and then there is the rest. (plus a lot of crap)

compared to MOO2 the interface has more controls that have in sum less effect and you get less feedback. Plus you have less choice (and need more luck). Plus it has far better automation, hence the "just click end turn until victory strategy"... which *surprise* doesn't work against human players :-) ...
Post edited June 19, 2014 by bernstein82
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 28
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flash Deals #271 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 04:00:00 UTC)

Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief, The $6.24 ($24.99) [75% OFF]
Wargame: European Escalation $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF]

Flash Deals #272 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 04:36:00 UTC)

Children of the Nile Complete $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF]
Fractured Soul $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF]

Flash Deals #273 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 05:12:00 UTC)

Gomo $1.99 ($7.99) [75% OFF]
Sacred Gold $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF]

Flash Deals #274 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 05:48:00 UTC)

Ethan: Meteor Hunter $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF]
Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut $3.99 ($19.99) [80% OFF]

Flash Deals #275 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 06:24:00 UTC)

Brutal Legend $2.99 ($14.99) [80% OFF]
Sanitarium $1.99 ($9.99) [80% OFF]

Flash Deals #276 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 07:00:00 UTC)

Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past $6.79 ($19.99) [66% OFF]
Far Cry $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF]

Flash Deals #277 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 07:36:00 UTC)

1954 Alcatraz $4.99 ($19.99) [75% OFF]
Wizardry 8 $1.99 ($9.99) [80% OFF]

Flash Deals #278 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 08:12:00 UTC)

King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $3.99 ($19.99) [80% OFF]
Lilly Looking Through $1.99 ($9.99) [80% OFF]

Flash Deals #279 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 08:48:00 UTC)

Journeyman Project 1: Pegasus Prime, The $4.99 ($9.99) [50% OFF]
Moebius: Empire Rising $14.99 ($29.99) [50% OFF]

Flash Deals #280 (Ends Fri, 20 Jun 2014 09:24:00 UTC)

Trine 2: Complete Story $1.99 ($19.99) [90% OFF]
Red Faction 2 $1.99 ($9.99) [80% OFF]
Post edited June 20, 2014 by IAmSinistar
I am looking at some crowd funding site and stumble on this.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-war-machine-a-post-human-action-rpg/x/7986795

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-19-square-enixs-collective-launches-first-crowdfunding-campaign

I can't believe this! a publisher using some developers to crowd-fund their games!!!!!!

Well based on this anti consumer practice
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/16/square-enix-drm-essential-to-profits-for-foreseeable-future

I have to make sure Square Enix does not get any profit from me.
Post edited June 19, 2014 by Gnostic
I hesitated the first few times Primordia came up, but now after I've decided I want to go for it, it hasn't come up. Regardless, I have a pretty good haul that will keep me busy for a while.
bernstein82: well it's not THAT bad... for me it actually played a lot like MOO2 (it just isn't as good)... .
Well, for me it's above all a question of user interface. I always felt this was the closest equivalent : http://twimgs.com/ddj/newarchitectmag/images/new1017793414702/1.jpg :-p

But then the gameplay isn't very satisfactory either. Whenever I played it at some length - and I tried a few times as I have the boxed version and a download at hand - and each time soon got the impression of a game massively unbalanced, or unfinished, and then came frustration. By comparison, I enjoyed Space Empires III and IV , and even Endless Space...
Stilton: Please, don't mention the Fall Insomnia, not now; I'm having enough trouble with this one...I haven't slept properly in days...

I think I'm psychotic, I can't let these sales go. Its like the most addictive kind of PC game: just one more..gotta buy just one more... Oh no, I can't find my tranquilizers, WHERE ARE MY TRANQUILIZERS?!!!!
This current promotion has been so much easier than the insomnia sales. At least I can get a couple of hours sleep and still not miss any sales. The intensity level and frantic nature of the insomnia sales is missing though. The entire GOG community/fanbase spread out over the many GOG related sites and threads over internet all were sharing in a mutually painful and yet rewarding event. Waiting for Jack Keane 2 was just awful, commiserating about it as a community wasn't though.

I also think I am willing to buy more due to the limited number of copies available for each game and the first come first served nature of the sales. If I have time to think about things I tend to rationalize away purchases of games that aren't exactly AAA titles whereas I would impulse buy more with a rapidly dropping counter for available games running. I also tend to stick closer to my budget during slower sales.
Stilton: Please, don't mention the Fall Insomnia, not now; I'm having enough trouble with this one...I haven't slept properly in days...

seaspanky: This current promotion has been so much easier than the insomnia sales. At least I can get a couple of hours sleep and still not miss any sales. The intensity level and frantic nature of the insomnia sales is missing though. The entire GOG community/fanbase spread out over the many GOG related sites and threads over internet all were sharing in a mutually painful and yet rewarding event. Waiting for Jack Keane 2 was just awful, commiserating about it as a community wasn't though.

I also think I am willing to buy more due to the limited number of copies available for each game and the first come first served nature of the sales. If I have time to think about things I tend to rationalize away purchases of games that aren't exactly AAA titles whereas I would impulse buy more with a rapidly dropping counter for available games running. I also tend to stick closer to my budget during slower sales.
I totally agree. The sedate pace of this sale (once I shook off my 'Insomnia-mode' impatience/expectation) has made it a very different experience. I'm keeping a list of purchases, I'm considering each purchase a lot more and I'm actually SLEEPING! A very pleasant alternative to sitting bug-eyed in front of the monitor for hours/days on end for fear of missing out on the next game I might want. There's no feeling of being chased by an avalanche with this one which makes it enjoyable in a calmer, less frenetic way. Even so, the snail's pace the sale degenerates into at times can also be a drag.
Post edited June 20, 2014 by Stilton
Stilton: I totally agree. The sedate pace of this sale (once I shook off my 'Insomnia-mode' impatience/expectation) has made it a very different experience. I'm keeping a list of purchases, I'm considering each purchase a lot more and I'm actually SLEEPING! A very pleasant alternative to sitting bug-eyed in front of the monitor for hours/days on end for fear of missing out on the next game I might want. There's no feeling of being chased by an avalanche with this one which makes it enjoyable in a calmer, less frenetic way.
But the impulse buys is the place where is all the fun belongs. I bought so far only 16 games in first days and didn't buy anything at All Bundles day because I convinced myself that my backlog is huge enough (only 130 titles comparing with quantities posted above in the thread) and I should play/replay those games firstly, and I can wait until XMas Sale (with all discounts right now it's insanity to wait sooo long! :) and I even make a threshold for myself - no more than 5 games per month (rare exceptions like Witcher 3 approved) but I sure if..no WHEN will be THE MIGHTY FALL INSOMNIA SALE !! all those rules can pack up and go to hell for sure :)
is it just me or does this "all bundles on one day" reduce the summer sale to one big frenzy sale day?
...waited till yesterday and bought all bundles i wanted, plus most of the flash sales i'm interested in...

insomnia sale was a much greater ordeal... and fun :-)
bernstein82: is it just me or does this "all bundles on one day" reduce the summer sale to one big frenzy sale day?
...waited till yesterday and bought all bundles i wanted, plus most of the flash sales i'm interested in...

insomnia sale was a much greater ordeal... and fun :-)
*this

Now it looks like just boring ordinary sale that everyone has. Take a small shitload of cash, wait for one specific day and buy everything you planned. I'm not complaining but GOG raised the bar high with all those events around the year