It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: EDIT: Hmm, Master of Orion 3 again. Tempting to finish the set, but it has such terrible reviews. Even the alien the game's page looks unhappy to be there.
ROFL.
I assure you he probably is.

I'm probably the only person on here that has never played an Assassin's Creed game too. I always look at them and think they look good, but just never seem to actually get them.
Post edited June 19, 2014 by Cyberevil
KunoNoOni: I think a little piece of me just died... Steam has the 3 original X-COM games...
IAmSinistar: GamersGate has all five, DRM-free.
Steam has all 5 original X-COM games too:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/964/
Post edited June 19, 2014 by Impaler26
IAmSinistar: EDIT: Hmm, Master of Orion 3 again. Tempting to finish the set, but it has such terrible reviews. Even the alien the game's page looks unhappy to be there.
Actually from what I here there are some fan mods which make the game actually bearable. They are located here.
Post edited June 19, 2014 by KunoNoOni
KunoNoOni: Actually from what I here there are some fan mods which make the game actually bearable. They are located here.
Yes, I got the impression that it can be modded into a decent game. Still, I think I'll continue to abstain. At the very least, it gives me a potential purchase for the next sale. :)
KunoNoOni: Actually from what I here there are some fan mods which make the game actually bearable. They are located here.
IAmSinistar: Yes, I got the impression that it can be modded into a decent game. Still, I think I'll continue to abstain. At the very least, it gives me a potential purchase for the next sale. :)
I actually own 2 copies of it. One boxed copy and one on GOG.
Dear IamSinistar, I wanna thank you for your efforts, it's great what you're doing and I enjoy this thread every day. I hope you will continue, if it's not too much work for you.

Thanks to all who are so busy filling this thread with informations and/or discovering the bundles of this Summer Sale - helped planning which ones to buy and still leaves the surprise of Deponia Trilogy - awesome. I am really impressed what you all managed and it was a pleasure reading those interesting things.

I got a lot of informations by reading this thread, people shared their experiences with different games, so that these postings helped me deciding whether to buy them or not. I learned how to manage buying a few bundles in one step, really important to know for a newbie like me.

It's great how gentle and helpful the members of the gog community are and wanna share that I am really happy about that! Good things should be said, I think.
Post edited June 19, 2014 by Minerva14
IAmSinistar: EDIT: Hmm, Master of Orion 3 again. Tempting to finish the set, but it has such terrible reviews. Even the alien on the game's page looks unhappy to be there.
Depends very much on how you perceive the notion of "having fun". MOO3 is a fine substitute for SAP Modules R/3, easier to setup on a modern system and cheaper. Of course, you still need to follow Business Process courses and to ask your MD for a proper medication against a) frustration and b) colour triggered nausea
Minerva14: It's great how gentle and helpful the members of the gog community are and wanna share that I am really happy about that! Good things should be said, I think.
Truer words were ne'er spoken, as the saying goes. :) Thanks Minerva14, this is indeed a great community, and the greatest parts come from the joined work of many hands and minds. I'm glad you're finding this a useful thread, and it's lovely to hear positive feedback and sentiment. Welcome to the community, and I hope you do continue to enjoy your experiences here!
Phc7006: MOO3 is a fine substitute for SAP Modules R/3, easier to setup on a modern system and cheaper.
HA HA HA, oh man, that's great! I think I made the right decision to avoid this one then. :D
Post edited June 19, 2014 by IAmSinistar
Minerva14: It's great how gentle and helpful the members of the gog community are and wanna share that I am really happy about that! Good things should be said, I think.
IAmSinistar: Truer words were ne'er spoken, as the saying goes. :) Thanks Minerva14, this is indeed a great community, and the greatest parts come from the joined work of many hands and minds. I'm glad you're finding this a useful thread, and it's lovely to hear positive feedback and sentiment. Welcome to the community, and I hope you do continue to enjoy your experiences here!
Thank you very much :)
Phc7006: MOO3 is a fine substitute for SAP Modules R/3, easier to setup on a modern system and cheaper.
IAmSinistar: HA HA HA, oh man, that's great! I think I made the right decision to avoid this one then. :D
But can you resist come fall? :p
WHY!? Why must Assassin's Creed keep taunting me? I already have the normal version.
foxworks: But can you resist come fall? :p
Next Insomnia we'll have 1000 copies of MOO3
KunoNoOni: I think a little piece of me just died... Steam has the 3 original X-COM games...
I'm counting to five... but I had a beer :D
Attachments:
Thank to Sinistar and all the other members around him for keeping this thread always updated ! I just bought one game, but I'm sure you help many people to find games and advices in this insane sale ;)
cyboff: I'm counting to five... but I had a beer :D
I had clicked on the new XCOM game and at the bottom they showed 3 of the old XCOM games, I had forgotten there were two more games.