It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
SirPrimalform: That's a bold statement that would be tricky to prove. Do you have a source for that?

Honestly, I'm surprised people are still going on about this.
PanzerFranzz: I have a source by way of inference:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a70a7c3010027736a22740f/t/5bbcea6b7817f7bf7342b718/1539107467397/hidden_tribes_report-2.pdf

The study points out that the 8% of the US population that calls themselves "progressive activist" are also roughly similar to the 7% of the country that doesn't think political correctness has gone too far in suppressing free speech. The study also states that 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country."

We need some assumptions for this to work, but if we assume these attiudes are similar throughout the west (probably a more generally pro-PC in regions like Scandavania, England, France and a bit less in generally anti-PC regions in eastern Europe) and if we understand "progressive activist" to mean the sort of person who is happy to use activism to suppress free speech and finally if we assume that GOG's customer base is roughly similar to the general population then we can infer that approximately 80% of their customers would be against the handling of Linko90 (insofar as what we do know: he was harassed by progressive activists and GOG took no public actions or even make a statement to defend their employees right not to be harassed) and at most, about 7-8% would support it.

N.B. This study was carried out by leftist academics from England and their research design looks solid, so there is no way for a progressive activist to try and argue that they and their ideas were treated unfairly in this study - the evidence is clear, the sort of people who harassed (and/or supported that harassment) of Linko90 make up an ever decreasing share of the population.
And where do I fit in your extrapolation? I understand why GOG had to let him go (he was bad at his job repeatedly), but I'm not part of the 8% in your statistics. Woah!
Is it possible that not everyone outside of that 8% is a redpiller? Sounds pretty crazy if you ask me!
low rated
PanzerFranzz: I have a source by way of inference:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5a70a7c3010027736a22740f/t/5bbcea6b7817f7bf7342b718/1539107467397/hidden_tribes_report-2.pdf

The study points out that the 8% of the US population that calls themselves "progressive activist" are also roughly similar to the 7% of the country that doesn't think political correctness has gone too far in suppressing free speech. The study also states that 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country."

We need some assumptions for this to work, but if we assume these attiudes are similar throughout the west (probably a more generally pro-PC in regions like Scandavania, England, France and a bit less in generally anti-PC regions in eastern Europe) and if we understand "progressive activist" to mean the sort of person who is happy to use activism to suppress free speech and finally if we assume that GOG's customer base is roughly similar to the general population then we can infer that approximately 80% of their customers would be against the handling of Linko90 (insofar as what we do know: he was harassed by progressive activists and GOG took no public actions or even make a statement to defend their employees right not to be harassed) and at most, about 7-8% would support it.

N.B. This study was carried out by leftist academics from England and their research design looks solid, so there is no way for a progressive activist to try and argue that they and their ideas were treated unfairly in this study - the evidence is clear, the sort of people who harassed (and/or supported that harassment) of Linko90 make up an ever decreasing share of the population.
SirPrimalform: And where do I fit in your extrapolation? I understand why GOG had to let him go (he was bad at his job repeatedly), but I'm not part of the 8% in your statistics. Woah!
Is it possible that not everyone outside of that 8% is a redpiller? Sounds pretty crazy if you ask me!
How can you be outside of 8% "progressives" if you have "progressive" view that Linko90 jokes being unacceptable?
Post edited November 18, 2018 by LootHunter
low rated
LootHunter: How can you be outside of 8% "progressives" if you have "progressive" view that Linko90 jokes being unacceptable?
1. They said progressive activists. I was entirely passive with regard to this situation.
2. You are making big assumptions about my views. What I said was that Linko was fired for being bad at his job. Using a corporate account to make controversial jokes is being bad at PR.
low rated
LootHunter: How can you be outside of 8% "progressives" if you have "progressive" view that Linko90 jokes being unacceptable?
SirPrimalform: 1. They said progressive activists. I was entirely passive with regard to this situation.
2. You are making big assumptions about my views. What I said was that Linko was fired for being bad at his job. Using a corporate account to make controversial jokes is being bad at PR.
1. So called progressive activists are also passive with regard to many situations.
2. You just confirmed my assumptions - you think that Linko's jokes were controversial.
In other words, you haven't demonstrated that you are not among 7% "progressive" demographics.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by LootHunter
low rated
SirPrimalform: 1. They said progressive activists. I was entirely passive with regard to this situation.
LootHunter: 1. So called progressive activists are also passive with regard to many situations.
2. You just confirmed my assumptions - you think that Linko's jokes were controversial.
1. Passive and active are antonyms.

2. That the tweets were controversial is not something up for debate. They were the subject of controversy, thus controversial. You may think the controversy is undeserved, that is not the same thing as the jokes not being controversial.
To put it another way, the jokes were about controversial subjects. You can't for a second pretend that gamergate and trans rights aren't controversial subjects, can you?
Making jokes about controversial subjects is being bad at PR.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by SirPrimalform
low rated
LootHunter: 1. So called progressive activists are also passive with regard to many situations.
SirPrimalform: 1. Passive and active are antonyms.

2. That the tweets were controversial is not something up for debate. They were the subject of controversy, thus controversial. You may think the controversy is undeserved, that is not the same thing as the jokes not being controversial.
To put it another way, the jokes were about controversial subjects. You can't for a second pretend that gamergate and trans rights aren't controversial subjects, can you?
Making jokes about controversial subjects is being bad at PR.
1. Yes, but a person who is active in regard to one situation can be passive in regard to another.

2. No, tweets were not controversial. Theye became controversial after "social activists" from ResetEra created controversy.
And yes, I agree that gamergate and transgender people rights are controversial subjects, but tweets were not connected to those subjects. The connection was made up by "social activists".
low rated
LootHunter: 1. Yes, but a person who is active in regard to one situation can be passive in regard to another.

2. No, tweets were not controversial. Theye became controversial after "social activists" from ResetEra created controversy.
And yes, I agree that gamergate and transgender people rights are controversial subjects, but tweets were not connected to those subjects. The connection was made up by "social activists".
1. Arguing with you is about as active as I get.

2. The only way that works is if you consider Linko to be a complete idiot incapable of understanding what he was doing. I give him a bit more credit, he knew what he was doing and was trying to be "edgy". Linko knew what he was doing when he picked the hashtag, he even referenced it in the tweet. I think the tweet was insensitive at worst, not outright offensive but that doesn't change the fact he picked a politically charged topic.
He was bad at PR and lost his job because of it. It's sad, but it's hardly unexpected.
low rated
LootHunter: 1. Yes, but a person who is active in regard to one situation can be passive in regard to another.

SirPrimalform: 1. Arguing with you is about as active as I get.

2. The only way that works is if you consider Linko to be a complete idiot incapable of understanding what he was doing. I give him a bit more credit, he knew what he was doing and was trying to be "edgy". Linko knew what he was doing when he picked the hashtag, he even referenced it in the tweet. I think the tweet was insensitive at worst, not outright offensive but that doesn't change the fact he picked a politically charged topic.
He was bad at PR and lost his job because of it. It's sad, but it's hardly unexpected.
Yes, your reasoning follows "social activist" template to the T. Other people don't consider jokes about sexuality, or gender to be edgy and controversial. And hashtags are free to use.
low rated

So one mistake and someone like you can judge him as being "bad at his job" and "deserving to be fired". Judgemental much?

Why are so many of you people so misinformed? Linko clearly wasn't here for "PC Master Race" which wasn't offensive at all, its the name of the group! The "assume our gender" post came from the CDPR account for Cyberpunk 2077 and their forums have always had an entirely different forum manager.

So besides if you want to argue that he somehow chose the clip from Postal 2: Paradise Lost that was "found to be offensive". This was his only error. One mistake and you heartless people are calling him "bad at his job" when we have had an outrage mob that has been looking for things to complain about for years.

I just think it is amazing how you people want people fired at the drop of a hat. Do you also complain at a restaurant if there is something wrong with your food asking for the cook or server to be fired too?

RWarehall: So one mistake and someone like you can judge him as being "bad at his job" and "deserving to be fired". Judgemental much?

[...]
Didn't he make three of these "mistakes"?
low rated
amok: Didn't he make three of these "mistakes"?
No he didn't but a lot of uninformed people keep pretending he did...
CDPR clearly has their own forum team and thus clearly has their own Twitter account for their own game. But uninformed fools like you keep repeating this false narrative. "Don't assume our gender" came from the official Cyberpunk 2077 account. Why would that be Linko?

Even the video clip from the game. Do you really think the social media manager is playing games to find clips for a new release themselves? It should be pretty obvious that was sent by the developer.

ONE MISTAKE. Say it with me...but why let crazy things like facts get in the way of a better argument for an outrage mob.
LootHunter: Yes, your reasoning follows "social activist" template to the T. Other people don't consider jokes about sexuality, or gender to be edgy and controversial. And hashtags are free to use.
As I said, it's not whether you view something to be controversial or not, something is controversial if it causes controversy. It did and it should have been obvious to him that it would. That's pretty much what PR is, managing the way a company presents itself to the world. You need to have a good feel for what might offend some people. You complain about GOG bowing down before the "SJW mob", but PR is bowing down before everyone.
low rated
SirPrimalform: It did and it should have been obvious to him that it would. That's pretty much what PR is, managing the way a company presents itself to the world. You need to have a good feel for what might offend some people.
EVERYTHING might offend some people. No matter what Linko would tweet SJWs would spin that as an offense. So there was no way for him to avoid controversy.
low rated
LootHunter: EVERYTHING might offend some people. No matter what Linko would tweet SJWs would spin that as an offense. So there was no way for him to avoid controversy.
Absolute bollocks. Who knows how many thousands of companies there are out there managing not to offend anyone? If everything all companies tweet is offensive then GOG's tweet wouldn't have even been noticed. It would have been background noise amongst all the other offensive tweets.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by SirPrimalform
low rated
SirPrimalform: Absolute bollocks. Who knows how many thousands of companies there are out there managing not to offend anyone? If everything all companies tweet is offensive then GOG's tweet wouldn't have even been noticed. It would have been background noise amongst all the other offensive tweets.
You are ********. What a stupid argument. Because people find a reason to complain means the company absolutely did something wrong?

Furthermore, just about EVERY company is getting complained about these days. Name a game company that doesn't get complained about "lacking diversity" in their work staff or video game composition. All the biggest companies are getting complaints. Read the news. Did EA fire their PR manager over the cover promoting a woman in WW2 which a mechanical arm?

You are victim blaming. Because some outraged idiots who can't get their facts straight find reasons to complain, doesn't make one automatically "guilty as charged". That is not a reasonable argument. I guess if someone is charged with murder they are automatically guilty too, because millions of people avoid getting charged with murder. You make zero sense as usual.

*Moded. Please refraid from using swear words, especially towards others.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by chandra