It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LootHunter: Yes, your reasoning follows "social activist" template to the T. Other people don't consider jokes about sexuality, or gender to be edgy and controversial. And hashtags are free to use.
SirPrimalform: As I said, it's not whether you view something to be controversial or not, something is controversial if it causes controversy. It did and it should have been obvious to him that it would. That's pretty much what PR is, managing the way a company presents itself to the world. You need to have a good feel for what might offend some people. You complain about GOG bowing down before the "SJW mob", but PR is bowing down before everyone.
PR is managing public opinion.
low rated
richlind33: PR is managing public opinion.
Thanks, that's a lot more succinct.
richlind33: PR is managing public opinion.
SirPrimalform: Thanks, that's a lot more succinct.
Somebody needs to tell GOG. ;p
Post edited November 18, 2018 by richlind33
low rated
RWarehall: You are bollocks.
As someone who constantly goes on about personal attacks and namecalling aren't you being a bit hypocritical there? I didn't call anyone bollocks.

RWarehall: What a stupid argument. Because people find a reason to complain means the company absolutely did something wrong?
As richlind33 says, PR is managing public opinion. If you do something that is predictably going to offend people, then you're doing it wrong.

RWarehall: Furthermore, just about EVERY company is getting complained about these days. Name a game company that doesn't get complained about "lacking diversity" in their work staff or video game composition. All the biggest companies are getting complaints. Read the news. Did EA fire their PR manager over the cover promoting a woman in WW2 which a mechanical arm?

You are victim blaming. Because some outraged idiots who can't get their facts straight find reasons to complain, doesn't make one automatically "guilty as charged". That is not a reasonable argument. I guess if someone is charged with murder they are automatically guilty too, because millions of people avoid getting charged with murder. You make zero sense as usual.
What a bizarre rant, your comparisons are apples and oranges.
richlind33: Somebody needs to tell GOG. ;p
They wouldn't get a response for three weeks, and then finally they'd get a message saying "We hope the issue has been resolved" despite nothing having been changed. :P
Post edited November 18, 2018 by SirPrimalform
low rated

Post edited November 25, 2018 by Fairfox
richlind33: Morning over here, Chandra. What time is it in your neighborhood?
It was around noon when I wrote my previous message :)

Everyone, another kind reminder to keep the conversation civil. Calling each other names and using swear words is not necessary in getting your point across.
low rated
richlind33: Morning over here, Chandra. What time is it in your neighborhood?
chandra: It was around noon when I wrote my previous message :)

Everyone, another kind reminder to keep the conversation civil. Calling each other names and using swear words is not necessary in getting your point across.
Your call, but I'm thinking maybe take off, nuke it from orbit.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by tinyE
low rated
RWarehall: You are bollocks.
SirPrimalform: As someone who constantly goes on about personal attacks and namecalling aren't you being a bit hypocritical there? I didn't call anyone bollocks.

RWarehall: What a stupid argument. Because people find a reason to complain means the company absolutely did something wrong?
SirPrimalform: As richlind33 says, PR is managing public opinion. If you do something that is predictably going to offend people, then you're doing it wrong.

RWarehall: Furthermore, just about EVERY company is getting complained about these days. Name a game company that doesn't get complained about "lacking diversity" in their work staff or video game composition. All the biggest companies are getting complaints. Read the news. Did EA fire their PR manager over the cover promoting a woman in WW2 which a mechanical arm?

You are victim blaming. Because some outraged idiots who can't get their facts straight find reasons to complain, doesn't make one automatically "guilty as charged". That is not a reasonable argument. I guess if someone is charged with murder they are automatically guilty too, because millions of people avoid getting charged with murder. You make zero sense as usual.
SirPrimalform: What a bizarre rant, your comparisons are apples and oranges.
richlind33: Somebody needs to tell GOG. ;p
SirPrimalform: They wouldn't get a response for three weeks, and then finally they'd get a message saying "We hope the issue has been resolved" despite nothing having been changed. :P
B.S. Your entire argument is circular reasoning. Linko is guilty because people complained. Because many others don't get complained about, makes him obviously guilty. I've already demonstrated how you and the rest of these fools keep getting the facts wrong. He's not this repeat offender as you and others stupidly keep claiming. Have you even looked at GoG's Twitter? They are promoting multiple games a day with video clips. There is no way the social media manager is making those clips themselves. You keep getting the facts wrong. You keep making mistakes. I guess by your own logic, you should get "fired" over your posts too.

So the only offense that can be properly attributed to Linko is the one Tweet. And people like you are calling him terrible at his job and deserving of being fired for just that. A tweet that didn't demean anybody, just hijacked a hashtag. As I've said before, I hope hypocrites like you get fired from your jobs the next time you make a mistake, because by your logic, you'd deserve it, because you "should've known better". Clearly compassion for others isn't one of your strong suits.
low rated
RWarehall: Linko is guilty because people complained.
Again, you're missing the point. Yes he's guilty, but what he's guilty of is being bad at PR. If people are complaining about your PR social media posts then you are bad at PR.
low rated
SirPrimalform: Again, you're missing the point. Yes he's guilty, but what he's guilty of is being bad at PR. If people are complaining about your PR social media posts then you are bad at PR.
You are missing the point. He made one mistake and it wasn't that bad. And you, in your infinite wisdom thinks called him bad at his job is appropriate. You are being extremely judgemental. Hundreds of tweets from that social media account and only two complained about. One because of a video clip pretty obviously provided by the game developer and one other and because of that one, he's "bad at his job".

And it's not as if GoG/CDPR have been in the crosshairs of this same outrage mob before Linko. They have overreacted at least 3 other times, complaining about the group PC Master Race and how GoG shouldn't associate with a group using a name we had to go to great lengths to deem offensive. A tweet using a meme in defense of CDPR's diversity of employment. And complaints about only allowing a binary choice of sexes in the Cyberpunk 2077 preview.

You'd think that an intelligent person would see that there is a group of people trying to find offense at any straw they can grasp. But no, you, in your infinite wisdom thinks calling Linko bad at his job over the one tweet is appropriate. Says a lot about YOU!
low rated
SirPrimalform: Again, you're missing the point. Yes he's guilty, but what he's guilty of is being bad at PR. If people are complaining about your PR social media posts then you are bad at PR.
This one is lost cause bud. No amount of logic will change that guys mind.
SirPrimalform: As richlind33 says, PR is managing public opinion. If you do something that is predictably going to offend people, then you're doing it wrong.
Except if you represent something that deliberately positions itself as vaguely provocative, anarchic, and marginal. A lot of PR affords, or seeks, an element of surprise, or disturbance, or (more or less juvenile) edginess, or whatever, that takes the risk of being "offensive" without ill intent.

I'm thinking of the Benetton campaigns, for instance, that were succesful in increasing brand visibility through (the conservative's) outrage. Or comedic movies, shows, journals, that don't mind being judged as shocking in their ways of toying with codes and representations.

It's risky, always, it's a fine line between "schoolboyish" (not sure ow to translate "potache") and mean-spirited, and above all, it requires a clear positionning intent. If, for instance, GOG goes "yeah, go crazy, be silly, shake the tree" or even "ok why not, hijack popular trends for silly ads, can be fun", and then goes "oops, shaked the tree too much, byebye", the issue is elsewhere. Partly in a very unhealthy over-polarized cultural context, where any wink at a matter gets loaded and drafted on one side or the other.

Just saying. We don't know anything about the process behind it, but things are not as simple as "offends = bad PR".

But again, we're living in a touchy global (too global) culture, to which we come from different subcultural background. And we see that -for instance- each time a Charlie Hebdo provocative frontpage generates international scandals and random interpretations by people who never opened the journal even once.

For me, it's the same issue.
Post edited November 18, 2018 by Telika
RWarehall: You are missing the point. He made one mistake and it wasn't that bad. And you, in your infinite wisdom thinks called him bad at his job is appropriate. You are being extremely judgemental. Hundreds of tweets from that social media account and only two complained about. One because of a video clip pretty obviously provided by the game developer and one other and because of that one, he's "bad at his job".
Big controversy = bad at PR.

Don't for a second think I'm of the opinion he should have been fired, what I said was that I wasn't surprised. My point is, he wasn't fired to appease anyone but rather because he brought controversy to GOG's door not long after the Cyberpunk twitter debacle. The fact that he wasn't responsible for that one doesn't excuse his lack of awareness. If CDPR is already being perceived as transphobic then it's an incredibly stupid thing for the GOG PR guy to hijack a hashtag about trans rights. Surely it should have been obvious that this is a subject to steer clear of?

RWarehall: And it's not as if GoG/CDPR have been in the crosshairs of this same outrage mob before Linko. They have overreacted at least 3 other times, complaining about the group PC Master Race and how GoG shouldn't associate with a group using a name we had to go to great lengths to deem offensive. A tweet using a meme in defense of CDPR's diversity of employment. And complaints about only allowing a binary choice of sexes in the Cyberpunk 2077 preview.
Which is exactly why Linko's tweet was such a stupid thing to do.

RWarehall: You'd think that an intelligent person would see that there is a group of people trying to find offense at any straw they can grasp. But no, you, in your infinite wisdom thinks calling Linko bad at his job over the one tweet is appropriate. Says a lot about YOU!
Your definition of intelligent person is someone who loves the taste of that redpill koolaid, so I can see how you'd think that.
firstpastthepost: This one is lost cause bud. No amount of logic will change that guys mind.
I know, this isn't my first rodeo with RW. ;)
Post edited November 18, 2018 by SirPrimalform
amok: Didn't he make three of these "mistakes"?
RWarehall: No he didn't but a lot of uninformed people keep pretending he did...
CDPR clearly has their own forum team and thus clearly has their own Twitter account for their own game. But uninformed fools like you keep repeating this false narrative. "Don't assume our gender" came from the official Cyberpunk 2077 account. Why would that be Linko?

Even the video clip from the game. Do you really think the social media manager is playing games to find clips for a new release themselves? It should be pretty obvious that was sent by the developer.

ONE MISTAKE. Say it with me...but why let crazy things like facts get in the way of a better argument for an outrage mob.
who is the official Cyberpunk 2077 account mod?

and who did they Postal 2 thingy?
low rated
SirPrimalform: who is the official Cyberpunk 2077 account mod?

and who did they Postal 2 thingy?
My guess would be the CDPR forum manager if it's set up the same way as it is here. Vattier, but there are other CDPR employees posting there like Dominica, Marcin Momot, Alicja. Riven-Twain is listed as a moderator. The CDPR forums are far more heavily staffed, so it's hard to say who might have posted that Tweet, but it's pretty clearly not going to be Linko posting for Cyberpunk 2077.

The Postal 2 Tweet came from the GoG account, but let's face the facts. The Tweet said nothing offensive at all. People took offense at the video attached and it's highly doubtful the CM is picking out those clips themselves, they would be sent by the developers. But let's not let the facts get in the way of a good outrage, shall we?
Post edited November 18, 2018 by RWarehall