It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles:
Because God bless Amerika.
vicklemos: You know what "pisses me off"? The fact that, even though we had an enormous sale, I keep checking the main page for new releases. And I'm also the owner of a gigantic backlog.
Am I sick?! :(
No, just a compulsive collector, like most people here. :-)
Niggles: why not?
because of Steamworks?
Niggles: why not?
See here
vicklemos: You know what "pisses me off"? The fact that, even though we had an enormous sale, I keep checking the main page for new releases. And I'm also the owner of a gigantic backlog.
You are definitely not alone, count me in :D
Geralt_of_Rivia: No, just a compulsive collector, like most people here. :-)
It's the sale culture, really. We buy things because they're on discount and we think it's a great deal that won't repeat itself soon, even when we have ample evidence to the contrary, particularly when we're talking about digital goods.
cyboff: You are definitely not alone, count me in :D
I'm starting to think we need a Game Collectors Anonymous.

"Hi. My name is _ and I can't stop buying games."
Geralt_of_Rivia: No, just a compulsive collector, like most people here. :-)
:)
better get used to it?
cyboff: You are definitely not alone, count me in :D
HGiles: I'm starting to think we need a Game Collectors Anonymous.

"Hi. My name is _ and I can't stop buying games."
Think of some Ferrari or Porsche Collector, it's helping me with my game collecting impulses :D
Where is Elliot Quest? Steam gets everything before GOG.
CarrionCrow: Okay, I've got to ask, out of sheer curiosity - how's your library and wishlist looking right now?
(Asking because I actually kinda long for the day when I'm not burning fistfuls of cash every time a sale comes around, and it sounds like you've reached that point.)
My library: 652 games
My wishlist: 0
I don't use the wishlist. When I want something I buy it despite if it's on sale or not.

Earlier I burnt more money for discotheks. About €80 (about $100) every weekend. Nowadays I don't go to discotheks so often anymore. So I have the money left to burn it elsewhere. But it's the way less money. So it got better. ;)
Post edited December 16, 2014 by Silverhawk170485
CarrionCrow: Okay, I've got to ask, out of sheer curiosity - how's your library and wishlist looking right now?
(Asking because I actually kinda long for the day when I'm not burning fistfuls of cash every time a sale comes around, and it sounds like you've reached that point.)
Silverhawk170485: My library: 652 games
I don't use the wishlist. When I want something I buy it despite if it's on sale or not.

Earlier I burnt more money for discotheks. About €80 (about $100) every weekend. Nowadays I don't go to discotheks so often anymore. So I have the money left to burn it elsewhere. But it's the way less money. So it got better. ;)
I lolled here. In a good way!
Good one, pal
Disco SUCKS!

Good point, there'd have to be quite a few amazing items dropping in a month's time to equal what you spent on the other activity.
Well, I tend to go for the classics, buying even crap items if they're on the rare side. Don't do so with independents since a lot of those tend to be crap, only without any sort of historical significance, so why bother.
Another year and I should be at your level, but I can already see why it'd get frustrating, especially with you going for items immediately rather than waiting.

CarrionCrow: Good point, there'd have to be quite a few amazing items dropping in a month's time to equal what you spent on the other activity.
Well, I tend to go for the classics, buying even crap items if they're on the rare side. Don't do so with independents since a lot of those tend to be crap, only without any sort of historical significance, so why bother.
Another year and I should be at your level, but I can already see why it'd get frustrating, especially with you going for items immediately rather than waiting.
The other thing is the question if I ever be able to play through every game of the 652 (increasing number of) games in the rest of my lifetime. :p
Post edited December 16, 2014 by Silverhawk170485
CarrionCrow: Good point, there'd have to be quite a few amazing items dropping in a month's time to equal what you spent on the other activity.
Silverhawk170485: The other thing is the question if I ever be able to play through every game of the 652 (increasing number of) games in the rest of my lifetime. :p
652 games, put an average of 20 hours per (low-ball estimate, I know), and you get 13,040 hours - 543 days, 8 hours if my mental math's right. Play 8 hours a day, every day, without fail, and you'll be done in 1,630 days - 4 years, 170 days. (Estimates here, not going to assume math without a calculator is perfect. Also, the total has to account for leap year.)