It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: not for me :P
Chacranajxy: Didn't some numbers come out just this last week that said that like a fraction of 1% of Steam users are on Linux? Like, I appreciate the enthusiasm for it, but that whole Linux thing as a gaming platform? It ain't happening, guys.
yes and in the same thread it was mentioned that the number says nothing because of the way it was counted (IIRC only on which system the games are purchased not on which they are actually downloaded and played (and also often wine is used which is then counted as windows...)

anyway what do I care about statistics, I use linux so I care for linux releases and for all the crappy win only releases I use a (linux based) steamlink on tv or directly stream to my linux laptop (from a quasi headless win 7 desktop) which means I can enjoy the win only games without having to touch that foul adware of an Operating System directly :D win win.

hopefully soon the internet connection is getting fast and low latency enough so one can just rent some windows box with high powered graphics cards in the net to render your games and we can all play the stuff in linux without having to put up with shit like virus scanners just because we want to play games ;)

(you know sometimes I have to use it again but then I miss the console or try to pin a window to the top so it doesn't get minimized when I open another task and then I realize that there's a reason I changed ;)
Seems as if we get a promo. There`s a Promo Stream on Twitch with the Tropico 5 game, but this game is not in a promo. At least not yet.

Weird, on the stream they say that Tropico 5 is 60% off, but here on GoG Tropico 5 is still not on sale.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by Maxvorstadt
Maxvorstadt: Seems as if we get a promo. There`s a Promo Stream on Twitch with the Tropico 5 game, but this game is not in a promo. At least not yet.

Weird, on the stream they say that Tropico 5 is 60% off, but here on GoG Tropico 5 is still not on sale.
It was in this weekend promo - link.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by acute71
Does anybody remember those good old times when GOG, still "Good Old Games", made a weekly video about what is going on and will be on the menu? I kind of miss that.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by MaGo72
tinyE: not for me :P
Chacranajxy: Didn't some numbers come out just this last week that said that like a fraction of 1% of Steam users are on Linux? Like, I appreciate the enthusiasm for it, but that whole Linux thing as a gaming platform? It ain't happening, guys.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Click on "OS". Yes, about 0.8% is Linux - all versions combined, 3.6% OSX, 95.5% Windows.
sherringon456: Would you rather have AAA games that are actually different from one another here or the same indie platformer, adventure game or puzzler with a different coat of paint over and over again?
FrodoBaggins: Look at the 'New' tab on the front page. 1 adventure, 0 platformers, 0 puzzlers.
How is that having 'the same indie platformer, adventure game or puzzler with a different coat of paint over and over again'?
In fact, itt's mostly action, RPG, and strategy. We need a change from that.
Not really talking about recently, talking about generally, sorry.
No game today.Sadly:)Where is my Titan Quest?:)
rgnrk: Surprise.

The usual suspects crapping over every game that's not their cup of tea. Which is pretty much everything but the usual AAA bullshit we don't get here. And if and when we do, they're not going to buy it anyway because it' will be oh too expensive.

Still waiting for the regular bethesda posts that hijack every thread.
sherringon456: Would you rather have AAA games that are actually different from one another here or the same indie platformer, adventure game or puzzler with a different coat of paint over and over again?
No, I wouldn't.
Maybe I should elaborate. My mindset on AAA games is quite similar to the one I have with movie blockbusters. And I basically think they're all the same, based on the same trite mechanics, boring scripts and lack of risk and inspiration. And obviously a new and shiny coat of paint all over it, and a huge amount of the old mighty dollar sinked into marketing.
But then, the fact I don't like AAA games maybe doesn't make me the best candidate to evaluate them. Just like when you don't like a particular kind of music, all of it tend to sound the same to you. That's why I normally don't come out and try to belittle games I'm not interested in. I might be misjudging them, as others more interested than me on those games are probably more suited to it.
Fact is, I would appreciate other people the same kind of courtesy with genres they're not into.
Necropolis will be tuesday release, I can bet 3,33$ on that. It'll be out in 27 minutes. Cheers!
Gotrekus: No game today.Sadly:)Where is my Titan Quest?:)
Being beta tested on Steam.
Necropolis will be the only release today?

When will they finally release Offworld Trading Company? It's out on Steam for years. What a %"$#*!
My wallet is safe... again!
At this rate I will need to take out a mortgage, pre-order Worms game for £20 and rogue-like just released for £23. I'd want my copy delivered by topless models for that kind of price.
rgnrk: No, I wouldn't.
Maybe I should elaborate. My mindset on AAA games is quite similar to the one I have with movie blockbusters. And I basically think they're all the same, based on the same trite mechanics, boring scripts and lack of risk and inspiration. And obviously a new and shiny coat of paint all over it, and a huge amount of the old mighty dollar sinked into marketing.
But then, the fact I don't like AAA games maybe doesn't make me the best candidate to evaluate them. Just like when you don't like a particular kind of music, all of it tend to sound the same to you. That's why I normally don't come out and try to belittle games I'm not interested in. I might be misjudging them, as others more interested than me on those games are probably more suited to it.
Fact is, I would appreciate other people the same kind of courtesy with genres they're not into.
I see. Sorry, if that came across as aggressive or anything like that. I still enjoy AAA games and the genres that they are generally made up of. I dislike the genres lots of indies are (Puzzle, platformer and adventure.), so like you with AAAs I get tired of what seems like the same game (Even if it really isn't.) being released instead of AAAs over and over again.
Post edited July 12, 2016 by sherringon456
Get it together gog, you have customers with money in hand for good old games and games in general and you give us just one game, add to that there appears to be only one new release stream on the gog twitch- sounds like a slow week indeed.