It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Theraputic:
Hi! Figured I'd chime in because I know this game has seen A LOT of play here and that's the first time I've heard of save game issues. I'd definitely uninstall and reinstall the game as it sounds like something got borked along the way.

As far as the crashes - how's your RAM situation? I'm no programmer or hardware expert but again, I just haven't heard too much about Pillars being highly unstable. If the reinstall doesn't fix this (and there are no "disc access" issues going on) my first thought is that the game is chewing through your RAM - when you go to a new map it tries to load more stuff into memory and can't so it goes *kaput!* ;)

I hope that helps and like I said the first place I'd start is at a reinstall. I hate being "the guy" who says "I don't have bug issues, so you must not either" but in this case I just haven't seen a lot of buzz around here for the game being unstable - quite the opposite actually - so hopefully this gets you sorted or at least in the right direction.

The game is very good too, which is why I bring it up. It's huge, and the story takes forever to reach a pay off. But it's a total throwback to some of the absolute classics of the genre. As long as you don't mind some of the character gameplay design issues and combat it's worth trying to sort the issues and seeing how far along you enjoy it!
tinyE: Slightly OT, but I just noticed Lucius UnMade on Steam. It's the exact same distributor as the original which is sold here so why isn't UnMade here? I'd much rather snag it here.
Impaler26: Do you mean <span class="bold">Lucius Demake</span> ? That one has already been bundled so you could just trade for a Steam key.
OOPS, thanks for the correction. :P

I'd rather have it here.
I only use Steam if there is absolutely NO OTHER CHOICE and if given the choice of getting it here for twice the amount as Steam sells it, then I will still always get it here. With this being the same distributor as a game being sold here (same series) I'm wondering if anyone knows why it's not here and if there are plans for it to come here.

I'm gonna be pissed if I break down, get it on Steam, and then it shows up here the next day.
Theraputic: I have noticed these problems appear to be the rule now rather than the exception or is that just me?
These problems aren't the rule nowadays. It sounds as if you have some OS or driver issues. Maybe even defective hardware.
Theraputic: Hi guys.

Just bought and started to play Pillars of Eternity. This game holds so much promise for a hardened old RPGer like me me but I have hit two major snags already. 1: The game constantly crashes when moving from one map to another. The fact I persisted despite this shows how much respect I have for this game. 2: The save games no longer work which has rendered the game unplayable. This set me thinking........Witcher 2 played beautifully up to a certain point where it simply crashes. Likewise Shadows of Mordor etc. etc. The code in each case was verified and repair suggestions found on websites like this tried without success. I have been a gamer for some 33 years (I stared on a spectrum!) and I have noticed these problems appear to be the rule now rather than the exception or is that just me? I am heartily sick of investing in games and then having to jump through hoops to make them work. Sometimes I just give up and move on. The games never used to be like this I am sure and as my frustration rises I am more and more tempted to just say sod it and invest in a dedicated game console then I could be busy playing instead of trawling sites looking for solutions. I don't want the world........just a fair deal. Well guys I'm glad I got that off my chest!!!!!
Is your game up to date? This was an issue with very early builds of the game (mostly in beta, actually), but as suggested, if you're running into these types of problems with several other games as well, it may be an issue with your system.
Impaler26: Do you mean <span class="bold">Lucius Demake</span> ? That one has already been bundled so you could just trade for a Steam key.
tinyE: OOPS, thanks for the correction. :P

I'd rather have it here.
I only use Steam if there is absolutely NO OTHER CHOICE and if given the choice of getting it here for twice the amount as Steam sells it, then I will still always get it here. With this being the same distributor as a game being sold here (same series) I'm wondering if anyone knows why it's not here and if there are plans for it to come here.

I'm gonna be pissed if I break down, get it on Steam, and then it shows up here the next day.
I see and considering how many indie games GOG releases lately i'm also surprised that Lucius Demake is not available here.
But just in case you don't want to wait - you can currently get Steam keys for all 3 Lucius games for $1 at Bundle Stars:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/star-deal

;)
Post edited February 15, 2017 by Impaler26
tinyE: OOPS, thanks for the correction. :P

I'd rather have it here.

Impaler26: I see and considering how many indie games GOG releases lately i'm also surprised that Lucius Demake is not available here.
But just in case you don't want to wait - you can currently get Steam keys for all 3 Lucius games for $1 at Bundle Stars:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/star-deal

;)
I do appreciate the link. I probably won't get it there but still, that's cool of you to try to help me out. :D
Theraputic:
Ixamyakxim: Hi! Figured I'd chime in because I know this game has seen A LOT of play here and that's the first time I've heard of save game issues. I'd definitely uninstall and reinstall the game as it sounds like something got borked along the way.

As far as the crashes - how's your RAM situation? I'm no programmer or hardware expert but again, I just haven't heard too much about Pillars being highly unstable. If the reinstall doesn't fix this (and there are no "disc access" issues going on) my first thought is that the game is chewing through your RAM - when you go to a new map it tries to load more stuff into memory and can't so it goes *kaput!* ;)

I hope that helps and like I said the first place I'd start is at a reinstall. I hate being "the guy" who says "I don't have bug issues, so you must not either" but in this case I just haven't seen a lot of buzz around here for the game being unstable - quite the opposite actually - so hopefully this gets you sorted or at least in the right direction.

The game is very good too, which is why I bring it up. It's huge, and the story takes forever to reach a pay off. But it's a total throwback to some of the absolute classics of the genre. As long as you don't mind some of the character gameplay design issues and combat it's worth trying to sort the issues and seeing how far along you enjoy it!
Hi right back at ya! Cheers for that I will try a reinstall as you suggest but I don't hold out much hope. The code is totally verified but I'll try anything once! Don't think I have ram issues either as I've 32 gigs of the stuff. I am suprised you not picked up on the crashing issue though as I've come across a lot of similar feedback to mine bar the save/load issue. Thank you for taking the time to reply fellah I will be trying a reinstall tomorrow as I really do like the game and I concur with your comments about it. It's definitely a slow burner and rewards long term play.
Theraputic: Don't think I have ram issues either as I've 32 gigs of the stuff.
I think lxamyakxim was talking not about the amount of RAM in your system, but rather the condition of said RAM.

Try running memtest and see if it finds any bad RAM. If it does, you will unfortunately need to replace it with new RAM (or, if there are multiple sticks of RAM, take out the one that's bad and just accept that you will need to run with less RAM until you can get new RAM).
I played Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and was four hours into it and was right at the end when I messed up my stealth and wanted to restart the last checkpoint but accidentally hit restart mission which restarts the ENTIRE fucking game! So now I have to do everything again before I can play MGS 5. But aside from that it's a good game.
Theraputic: I have noticed these problems appear to be the rule now rather than the exception or is that just me?
hmcpretender: These problems aren't the rule nowadays. It sounds as if you have some OS or driver issues. Maybe even defective hardware.
Maybe so but I've run regular checks on my setup and everything appears to be ok. All my drivers are updated and I cannot see any problems. My machine more than fits the requirements for the game and all the code verifies. I am in the middle of a reinstall of the game to see if that changes things for the better. Thanks for your reply by the way.
dtgreene: I think lxamyakxim was talking not about the amount of RAM in your system, but rather the condition of said RAM.

Try running memtest and see if it finds any bad RAM. If it does, you will unfortunately need to replace it with new RAM (or, if there are multiple sticks of RAM, take out the one that's bad and just accept that you will need to run with less RAM until you can get new RAM).
Thanks for that. If this reinstallation doesn't work I will be giving this a try.
Post edited February 17, 2017 by Theraputic
I just started Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition. Hi-res, mouse and WASD support. I'm having more fun with this game than with all these generic Call of Duty <insert number>.

I used to play this game years ago, but only with god mode and all weapons codes on. I was too bad to play it normally. Now I am playing without any codes and it is awesome.

Right now I am at the end of the chapter 2.
I got Swat 4 Gold and TWD: Michonne to finish up. Then I'm free to continue Dishonored 2.
Theraputic:
Ixamyakxim: Hi! Figured I'd chime in because I know this game has seen A LOT of play here and that's the first time I've heard of save game issues. I'd definitely uninstall and reinstall the game as it sounds like something got borked along the way.

Well i've just reinstalled and had the computer check compatability but no joy I'm afraid. I'll keep trying. I emaiedl GOG
support a few days ago so maybe they can help. Thank you for your suggestion. Game on!
dtgreene: I think lxamyakxim was talking not about the amount of RAM in your system, but rather the condition of said RAM.

Just finished running the Memtest and everything checks out. Thanks for your help. I've emailed GOG support a few days ago. Still waiting on a reply.
Post edited February 17, 2017 by Theraputic
hmcpretender: These problems aren't the rule nowadays. It sounds as if you have some OS or driver issues. Maybe even defective hardware.
Theraputic: Maybe so but I've run regular checks on my setup and everything appears to be ok. All my drivers are updated and I cannot see any problems. My machine more than fits the requirements for the game and all the code verifies. I am in the middle of a reinstall of the game to see if that changes things for the better. Thanks for your reply by the way.
Sometimes those issues can be hard to track down. Back in the day I had some serious latency and connection issues with World of Warcraft . After a year of unseccesfully trying everything, I found out by chance that they were caused by a popup-blocker for my browser which wasn't even running when I played.
Theraputic:
I do have one more suggestion (especially if you're having issues in other games) but this one is a pain in the ass (comparatively). You have 32 GB or RAM so I'm guessing it's in four sticks? Modern motherboards are notoriously finicky when it comes to RAM. You used to be able to drop any old stick in a slot and the computer would be fine pretty much all the time.

Now, especially when you're talking mixed pairs there's a bit less certainty - different clock speeds, slight delays across the different motherboard slots, even same brands but different "models" of RAM behaving differently voltage wise. These little things can add up.

Again, I'm not even positive this will fix your issue but it's the first thing that came to my mind. Disclaimer - I'm not sure if Memtest would have picked this up or not (so I apologize if memtest already "cleared" you for this!). But if you get bored and feel comfortable, I'd suggest cracking open your case and leaving only a perfectly matched pair of RAM (or a single stick) and see if that fixes your issue. Even if you go ahead and drop the full 32 GB back in, at least you'll know.

If you do leave a matched pair, maybe even look around on the internet / mobo / RAM homepage to find out the best two (or single slot if you don't have a matched pair) to leave the matched pair in. You might have to play a bit of "musical RAM slots" to get it running perfectly.