It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dropped Pillars of Eternity because it's boring and starting to play Arcanum. I've been aware of this game since 2001 because my friend had it, took me this long to start playing it. And I didn't even get paid $4million to do it.
Post edited February 07, 2017 by eksasol
eksasol: Dropped Pillars of Eternity because it's boring and starting to play Arcanum. I've been aware of this game since 2001 because my friend had it, took me this long to start playing it. And I didn't even get paid $4million to do it.
I've completed Arcanum last year and I think it's at the moment my best gaming experience ever. The world, the quests, the story, the gameplay. It's so close to my beloved first Fallout and so unique!
eksasol: Dropped Pillars of Eternity because it's boring and starting to play Arcanum. I've been aware of this game since 2001 because my friend had it, took me this long to start playing it. And I didn't even get paid $4million to do it.
ciemnogrodzianin: I've completed Arcanum last year and I think it's at the moment my best gaming experience ever. The world, the quests, the story, the gameplay. It's so close to my beloved first Fallout and so unique!
Yeah, arcanum is an absolute must.

I have the original box somewhere :)
ciemnogrodzianin: I've completed Arcanum last year and I think it's at the moment my best gaming experience ever. The world, the quests, the story, the gameplay. It's so close to my beloved first Fallout and so unique!
I just finished Fallout 1 few weeks ago, and now I am close to the end of Fallout 2. I'm level 34, unarmed, speech and energy weapon master. Killing everything in one turn. I just killed all the hubologists and those chinese scientists. Before that I killed all the families in New Reno. I'm on my way now to clear the Navarro base and after this I just need to clear the tanker from aliens and rescue my tribe. I don't think I will have any problems with this.

After this I wanted to play Fallout Tactics.

I have tried to play Arcanum few years ago, but for me it was a weird game. The world seemed so empty. I like the whole magic vs technology concept and character creation, even if magic was more powerful than guns. Fighting section in this game is a joke. Real time looks like Diablo's retarded brother, and turn based is the same, just slower.
I just started playing Realms of Arkania 1.
I just made my party. Warrior, Thorwalian(What is it!?), Rogue, Green Elf, Druidess, Magician.
Maybe it is a balanced party I guess.

Also, I played 2 short RPGs, Dex and The Age of Decadence before that.
To surprise me, Dex was actually quite good game.it is called a 2D Deus Ex for the reason. Unfortunately the game was too short. I got it for free at GOG sale.
The Age of Decadence was massive disappointed. Playing as a pure fighter was a mistake. I hardly won even against 2 or 3 thugs. but that was not a problem. the problem is there is almost no exploration in dungeons. It is not my cup of tea.
yoshino: To surprise me, Dex was actually quite good game.it is called a 2D Deus Ex for the reason. Unfortunately the game was too short. I got it for free at GOG sale.
I absolutely loved Dex and found it quite the pleasant surprise as well. I hope it did well enough for the developers to consider a sequel. Here, pretty much more of the same would be a good thing!
There are already over a dozen thread about this, but I just have to say this. Arcanum is ass raping hard. I'm just going to make a new character with max charisma so I can talk my way out of things.
Post edited February 09, 2017 by eksasol
yoshino: To surprise me, Dex was actually quite good game.it is called a 2D Deus Ex for the reason. Unfortunately the game was too short. I got it for free at GOG sale.
Ixamyakxim: I absolutely loved Dex and found it quite the pleasant surprise as well. I hope it did well enough for the developers to consider a sequel. Here, pretty much more of the same would be a good thing!
Sadly the creative mind behind Dex passed away unexpectedly in 2015. :(
Ixamyakxim: I absolutely loved Dex and found it quite the pleasant surprise as well. I hope it did well enough for the developers to consider a sequel. Here, pretty much more of the same would be a good thing!
innerring: Sadly the creative mind behind Dex passed away unexpectedly in 2015. :(
That's terrible; I had no idea. I'm happy that s/he had the opportunity to get their digital baby out into the world for others to enjoy and to share with the rest of us.
yoshino: Thorwalian(What is it!?)
Thorwalians could be described as a Viking pirates.
Post edited February 10, 2017 by viperfdl
yoshino: I just started playing Realms of Arkania 1.
(...)
Also, I played 2 short RPGs, Dex and The Age of Decadence before that.
Yoshino, are you trying to beat all the cRPGs ever created? I'm observing your posts for a while and I'm quite impressed. How is it possible to finish such time-consuming games so quickly? Some of them are considered really huge (TES) or hard (RoA). And you're posting once a week "finished this" and "finished that". What about eating, sleeping and - last but not least - work? :)
Somehow i am mostly playing theme hospital and i only have 2 more stages left to beat on medium.Wonder what does actually change if i would have played it on hard. And what is this reading somewhere about using litter bombs on other hospitals i never found out about that, not even now how to do that.
The bugs i encountered were once a nurse wanted a raise and somehow it got stuck at her location so mouse was moving but the screen was stuck at it's place. The only way to solve that one was load an older save. And the other was a mouse glitch where i would go down with the mouse and it would appear on the upper menu bar stuck there unless i would go up,makes it kinda unplayable to scroll the screen but easy to solve just quit to the main menu and load game,think it's even possible to save and then load for this one.
Just playing the gog version without any mods,the game is enjoyable like most bullfrog games are.When i builded out my hospital it usually just becomes a machine babysiting game so machines wouldn't break down,interesting is that the strenght of machines is shown,the lower it's strenght the sooner it would breakdown explode,so don't just repair them also change the hardware especially if the research made improvments or you fixed it too many times and that is why it's strenght dropped.
The bonus shoot the rat game is kinda fun,but i really don't want to play it every time though(think the bonus shows up after you shoot 10 rats in normal game) and i don't know what else the rat game brings than some better reputation in the next stage.
It's always very usefull to have diagnosing rooms close to your gp office. Best start is usually with pharmacy and psychiatric and building latter the operation theather,clinics depend on when you actually need em.Once i didn't have a certain clinic build and an emergency came,so i decided to accept it and some patients went home instead of the clinic i was currently building.Though one still got cured.
It's also very preffered to employ doctors as soon as you start the game since some have specialazation in a certain field like surgery,or research and you won't get em latter that often as in the start of the game.
Training doctors is possible(not juniors though) but i haven't used it much almost didn't,learned that only consulants can learn them to gain specialazation.
I finally fired up Dungeons and Dragons Dragonshard.

I always like the *idea* of RTS games more than I actually end up liking them. I never have the speed to fire off abilities and positioning as I'd like. Usually I enjoy building a few crazy units and then burn out.

I'm hoping I stick with this one a bit longer. Seems interesting and I like the RPG type mechanics. Plus it seems to be focused on fewer, more powerful units buffered by their "minions." So I'm hoping I get to put a little "strategy" into my rtS. Plus it's neat to have an Eberron game - need more of those - fun setting!

This game is one I've been mildly interested in for a while, and one of the primary reasons I grabbed that AWESOME D&D Bundle GoG used to do. Possibly the best $20 spent for pure volume / hours of classic gaming.

Oh and a huge shout out to the community here. In the Dragonshard subforum there's a great thread for Widescreen tricks. I was able to fire up my Linux repository, download a Hex Editor and do a bit of hacking on the game .exe file to get this thing running in 1080p - looks good!
I picked up Bravely Default, somewhat rare little jrpg to get your mitts on really.
I gave XCOM 2 a try last week. I guess it'll take some getting used to the new system. Not bad though. I just don't really have the time commitment right now with school and all. =/ That said, I did finish Abzu last Sunday. Not that it was particularly difficult to do seeing how I finished it under two hours even with my somewhat wandering exploration. Quite the lovely little game, but it's a shame it's so short.

Currently, I'm busy not getting ripped to bits by necromorphs in Dead Space. Now there's a game with great atmosphere. It certainly holds up very well still, even if the PC port isn't exactly the best. The ripper and the basic cutter are still my favorite weapons. Good times.

Once I'm done with that I'll probably jump back on Cayne and/or Little King's Story. As much as I lament my backlog sometimes, there's practically always something to look forward to playing. :)