It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm starting Loki, picking Greek Warrior Woman, as I usually play with one hand sword & shield. She looks sexy is a bonus too, even for early 3D model. The map is confusing, can't see it as a whole or not found how yet, and I can't set my Athena points while I have 3/3, still to figure that out hum..

Edit : Gave up quick for getting slaughered, even using potions by PACKS of monsters every few steps..

Moved on to Titan Quest, I enjoyed it a lot more for the few hours I've played, but will stop as well because I just have too much of a backlog.. But definitely a better impression from this last one!
Post edited December 16, 2013 by koima57
Beat Trine 2 earlier today. Not bad, but, yeah, it was getting a bit stale towards the end as there wasn't much difference to puzzle variety as I got further into the game. The expansion levels were thankfully much more imaginative than the base game.

I'm also a good ways into Magrunner - been switching between it and Trine 2 for the last few days - and I'm definitely enjoying it a lot more. Some puzzles may be a little finicky, but overall I'm quite liking it. Good thing they implemented a way to see all the magnetic fields as otherwise this would have been quite confusing. The plot is quite cheesy as you might expect from its premise, which is underscored by some hilariously bad dialog/voice acting. As weird as it may sound, the latter actually does make it a lot more fun as I can't take it at all seriously so instead of being terrified I'm just laughing a lot.
Not much time ( and energy) to play currently :-(

When I find some time, I spend it on L.A. NOIRE and on Wasteland 1
I'm playing "FTL" on easy difficulty for about the 5th time. Typically by the time enemies have 2 point shields and drones, my poorer choices catch up to me. Once you spend credits on repairs instead of better items, the end is near. So it's a game I can enjoy for 1-2 hrs every once in awhile, but don't think I can switch to it as my main game.

I'm also playing "Patrician III", where you need to support a trading empire and fend off pirates. My older approach of outrunning pirates hasn't worked in the gog.com version, so I eventually built a fleet twice the pirate's size and captured his ships. Anyone want a bunch of damaged boats and angry sailors? I'm planning to quit when I reach a million gold, as an arbitrary stopping point.
Simon the Sorcerer
WHatever game on steam that has cards (so i can leech them, sell them, then uninstall the game) :P
Several, I am not now in my country so my gaming is related only to my laptop and handheld consoles, so GOG is becoming even a better friend site to me due to my actual situation as expat!

Handheld:

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA), trying to finish my last GBA Castlevania

Mobile:

Candy Crush, is so addictive...

GOG:
I just finished Icewindale & Heart of Winter for second time, the first one was when the game was released.
Alien Shooter
Baldur´s Gate
Carmageddon 2
Fallout
Unreal Gold

Steam:

Alien vs Predator Classic 2000
Postal
Starbound
Tomb Raider
Xcom Terror from the Deep

Others:

XCOM: Enemy Unknow - moded for use it under Windows and with filters
Slender: The Eight Pages
YaTEdiGo: Mobile:

I hate the game because it has those sneaky tactics trying to lure you to pay them so that you don't have to wait n minutes or hours in order to continue playing. It is the kind of thing I don't want to become more commonplace in games. I read that now they have a similar system in some other game which is not even free-2-play, ie. if you buy armor in the game, you either have to wait 8 real-time hours for the blacksmith to finish it, or pay the game developer a bit to get the armor right away. I don't recall what was the name of that game.

My gf plays Candy Crush almost exclusively now, fortunately she doesn't have a credit card to pay anything to the company who made the game. But now she says she hates the game too because she is not making any progress anymore, 50 times trying to solve one of the more advanced levels without success (and then those waiting times in between). She's wondering what else she could play, but she shows no interest to e.g. those Android games I've bought from Humble Bundles (let alone PC games), maybe she finds them too hard to learn and too involved. Plus, she likes the social aspect of Candy Crush, ie. she is competing with a couple of her Facebook friends who gets the farthest in the game.

We've had some argument about the game because I claimed to her that the game is mostly about luck (which IMHO most so called "casual games" are, e.g. Peggle), not skill. She disagrees, but then I say why isn't she getting any better in time on that one level where she is stuck? :) Those casual games just give you an illusion you are seriously affecting what happens on the screen, while in practice they are more like playing a slot/fruit machine.

When she watched me rerolling good stats for my Icewind Dale party and then allocating those to the ability scores, she asked if it is some kind of game of math? She couldn't understand why I'd find all that so fascinating, but she likes the background music and healing spell chanting.
Post edited December 17, 2013 by timppu
I have a few myself on the go so I'll go ahead and list those:

Handheld:

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Monster Monpiece
Corpse Party
God Eater Burst

GOG:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord (just finished prior to posting)
Carmageddeon 2: Carpocalypse Now!
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Cruse - Part 1
Wasteland
Shadowrun Returns
Shadow Warrior (2013)

Steam:

Super Meat Boy
The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb
Skullgirls
Bastion
Warframe
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Retribution
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Other:

The Secret World
Teleglitch
Kilgazar
Minecraft
Gast!
YaTEdiGo: Mobile:

timppu: I hate the game because it has those sneaky tactics trying to lure you to pay them so that you don't have to wait n minutes or hours in order to continue playing. It is the kind of thing I don't want to become more commonplace in games. I read that now they have a similar system in some other game which is not even free-2-play, ie. if you buy armor in the game, you either have to wait 8 real-time hours for the blacksmith to finish it, or pay the game developer a bit to get the armor right away. I don't recall what was the name of that game.

My gf plays Candy Crush almost exclusively now, fortunately she doesn't have a credit card to pay anything to the company who made the game. But now she says she hates the game too because she is not making any progress anymore, 50 times trying to solve one of the more advanced levels without success (and then those waiting times in between). She's wondering what else she could play, but she shows no interest to e.g. those Android games I've bought from Humble Bundles (let alone PC games), maybe she finds them too hard to learn and too involved. Plus, she likes the social aspect of Candy Crush, ie. she is competing with a couple of her Facebook friends who gets the farthest in the game.

We've had some argument about the game because I claimed to her that the game is mostly about luck (which IMHO most so called "casual games" are, e.g. Peggle), not skill. She disagrees, but then I say why isn't she getting any better in time on that one level where she is stuck? :) Those casual games just give you an illusion you are seriously affecting what happens on the screen, while in practice they are more like playing a slot/fruit machine.

When she watched me rerolling good stats for my Icewind Dale party and then allocating those to the ability scores, she asked if it is some kind of game of math? She couldn't understand why I'd find all that so fascinating, but she likes the background music and healing spell chanting.
Ahh! Candy Crush is the MOST CHEATING TO PLAYER game I EVER PLAYED, you are totally right, but I allways find a way to beat the levels :))))))) I hate/love it. Is so stupid game, but it´s music, the "I want to destroy my teeth" main character girl, addicted to sugar, the MOST STUPID PLOT ever, It really makes me love the game XDDDD ahahahahahahaha

But BIG YES, the game is ABOUT LUCK in different percentages depends on the level, I am on level 140 something, so I think I can tell you´re totally right. The way the machine brings you the first candies makes the game easier or more difficult, some levels I beat they been pure luck... but also demands a lot of "planning" if you are good you can transforms the bad luck in a completed level. But IMHO luck is more important.

Anyway I understand your worries, and believe me, this kind of gamplay for a "candies" casual game is ok, but I dont even get close to all this "Diablo F2P games" on my iPhone, not even close... as for a "serious" gaming I dont pay a S... about buy with micro-transanctions any stupid armor to beat the monsters. For this I go back to old games here. On mobile? Casual stupid games are my choice, I dont even like Infinity Blade. I am sorry for Apple or Android "hardcore" games but usually they are "SH..." compared with an old Metroid, Castlevania or most part of PSP games.
Post edited December 17, 2013 by YaTEdiGo
Gabirel Knight Sins of the Fathers
HOMM3
Diablo2
Simcity 4

Now trying to finish Gabriel Knight. Others I play randomly. They are long games and Simcity never finish.
sneakcity: I'm also playing "Patrician III", where you need to support a trading empire and fend off pirates. My older approach of outrunning pirates hasn't worked in the gog.com version, so I eventually built a fleet twice the pirate's size and captured his ships. Anyone want a bunch of damaged boats and angry sailors? I'm planning to quit when I reach a million gold, as an arbitrary stopping point.
Did you finish all scenarios? Believe me, they are really good even though it doesn't seem so at the beginning. I can also recommend setting your own goals and restriction: one of best playthrough was when I decided that I would try to stay in business without trading iron goods EVER! Finally I managed to become alderman :) It was really hard but rewarding too!
Folklore
Far Cry 3
Bayonetta
Dead Space
Borderlands 2
XCOM Enemy Uknown

Dead Space,really creepy game. I always freak out when the Necromorphs comes out.
Exile: Escape from the pit

For me a true classic. It and many other good older games of Spiderweb Software are available for free on their website. Check them out!