It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An old freeware game called "Star Wars: The Battle of Yavin"

http://www.bruneras.com/games_swboy.php

I was reminded of this old gem when I played Race the Sun (which I don't like that much after all, too simple). I recalled playing this back in 2004 or 2005 and liking it a lot, glad to find it again.

Seems to work fine on Windows 7, some explosions have little graphical artifacts (of not being fully transparent?), but otherwise it still looks, sounds and plays great. It is more of a 3D arcade shooter than a proper "space combat sim", but it always captured the feeling of the grand scale Star Wars combat so well, and with a very low learning curve. The kind of game you play a few rounds, enjoying the graphics and sounds.

If only most indie developers had as much passion and love for their work as this indie developer had already back in 2004... Is there a pay version of this? Or can it only exist as a freeware game due to the SW license?
Post edited December 17, 2013 by timppu
timppu: An old freeware game called "Star Wars: The Battle of Yavin"

http://www.bruneras.com/games_swboy.php

I was reminded of this old gem when I played Race the Sun (which I don't like that much after all, too simple). I recalled playing this back in 2004 or 2005 and liking it a lot, glad to find it again.

Seems to work fine on Windows 7, some explosions have little graphical artifacts (of not being fully transparent?), but otherwise it still looks, sounds and plays great. It is more of a 3D arcade shooter than a proper "space combat sim", but it always captured the feeling of the grand scale Star Wars combat so well, and with a very low learning curve. The kind of game you play a few rounds, enjoying the graphics and sounds.

If only most indie developers had as much passion and love for their work as this indie developer had already back in 2004... Is there a pay version of this? Or can it only exist as a freeware game due to the SW license?
OMG didnt know this, look so interesting, I will give it a try!
YaTEdiGo: OMG didnt know this, look so interesting, I will give it a try!
Try also The Battle of Endor on this page, it is more of the same good stuff.

http://www.bruneras.com/
Tzar: The burden of the crown

Nice Warcraft 2 & AOE style RTS with RPG elements
I play:
-Counter-Strike: Source
-Orcs Must Die! 2
-GTA:Vice City (I love this game :D)
I recently got Orcs Must Die! 2.
I love it.
Replaying Syberia right now (played and finished it when it was first released), then onto Syberia 2 which I never played before. I also installed the first Baldur's Gate yesterday, looking forward to get into that one as well!
I've been playing the Tex Murphy series for the first time.

Mean Streets is one of those experimental games in which it never quite works as well as it's supposed to, but it's very interesting to play just to see what they were doing. The vehicle sim aspect didn't come together, but I did enjoy visiting people and locations and having to ask questions and piece together the story.

Martian Memorandum, by contrast, is a more traditional adventure game but not an especially good one. It's not horrible, but once you get past the graphics it feels second rate compared to the Sierra/Lucasarts stuff.

Under a Killing Moon had a very dull beginning and the interface just feels kind of awkward to me, but it gets better as you get into it. I quite enjoyed it. Now I've just started Pandora Directive and so far it's feeling a lot like UaKM - slow start, but I'm hoping it picks up later.
Aarklash Legacy (for about three hours. A bit confused at first, but enjoying the combats very much now.)

Fallout 3 (for the umpteenth time)

Batman Arkham City (just started this sequel, after finishing Asylum. Not really hooked so far.)
Old console games I never got around to finishing.

Recently got through Dragon Quest 1, Metroid, and Arkista's Ring on NES. Was playing Dragon Quest 2, but accidentally erased my save file :(

For SNES I'm playing stuff like Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaea, and Robotrek. Currently on Alcahest.
I haven't played anything for several weeks.... Eador Genesis wore me out!..... i was trying to complete the sets!!!!

Fools gold.
Mostly Risen (first one) when I catch some time to play. I like the game so far. It feels like gothic 3 should have felt.
Post edited December 17, 2013 by Miljac
nijuu: WHatever game on steam that has cards (so i can leech them, sell them, then uninstall the game) :P
I did that earlier this year. Ended up with almost two hundred dollars on my steam account. Amazes me people buy them at all, but I won't complain.
nijuu: WHatever game on steam that has cards (so i can leech them, sell them, then uninstall the game) :P
SSolomon: I did that earlier this year. Ended up with almost two hundred dollars on my steam account. Amazes me people buy them at all, but I won't complain.
Theres a lot of collectors addicted...i know i am partially..i ended up selling, then buying a few to complete a badge.....ugh... thats what happens when one has too much time on their hands...
I put The Witcher on hold (kinda stuck in the plot line, and can't find that damn elf OR that putz Siegfried) and started up Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. It's... okay. It was the shiz way back when but now I'm reminded of the linearity and how nothing changes from one playthrough to the next. Also reminded of the super-vision of the enemy AI. Never tried it online and maybe that's where all the excitement lies. So now I'm grinding my way through so I can start the other two MoH titles.