It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ScotchMonkey: Finished the Crusader games and replayed Arkham city.

Picked up Dead Space 3 in the bargain bin. Awful on most fronts. Would be fine on its own but there are already two games prior that were near perfect so this entry feels like a major step back. Don't bother with it.

Still playing Sanitarium, I play it in spurts so my progress is janky.
I am still in Deadspace 1. I like it much more than I expected to. It is starting to drag a bit. It's just a little too long. Don't know yet if I'll stick it out to the end or jump to 2.
NoNewTaleToTell: Good info on Gothic 3
Good to know. Thanks. I haven't played this one yet, but am looking forward to it.
Post edited December 29, 2014 by misteryo
Would you believe NHL '98. XD
NoNewTaleToTell: I know many people question how big and deep Gothic 3 can really be (especially compared to genre heavyweights The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim) so I went and dug up my old save file and pulled a few stats from it. The stats are basically my end of game stats.

Basic Character info
Level 65
84 Learning Points (left to spend)
160,203 Gold (and would have much more had I been to a merchant lately to sell my acquired loot)
70 Days (in-game)

Interesting/Noteworthy inventory item count
402 Healing Potions (mostly made by me)
269 Mana Potions (mostly made by me)
178 Endurance Potions
80 Antidotes
252 Pieces of Cooked Meat (pretty much all cooked by me)

Quest Info
Successful Quests: 313
Failed Quests: 22
Current Quests: 33
I've always been annoyed by Gothic fans saying Gothic 3 is a bad game. I love all the games in the series (ArcanA isn't a Gothic game so I don't change my answer) and I thought Gothic 3 was a good enough send off to the series although forsaken gods was complete and utter dreck. When people whine about the combat all I can think about is that its the same combat from every Gothic game ever you swing at an enemy and they flinch so you can cycle them or they hit cycle you. Gothic's never really had good combat but the whole point of the games in getting you sucked into a grim and interesting world which Gothic 3 does and admirable job at. Nice stats by the way I can't remember my exact stats since I haven't played since 2010 but I do recall looking at my inventory and being confused to find I had something like 800 bottles of booze and 500 black rhobar joints apparently the nameless hero likes to party.
PlanesWalker1337: (ArcanA isn't a Gothic game so I don't change my answer)
The original title is Arcania: Gothic 4, so I think that the devs would argue on this point.
Just started Legend of Grimrock. Pretty cool so far. Picked it up for $2.40 recently. Also, playing spurts of Sonic Racing. The game is awesome and surprisingly deep.
Just finished Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. I picked Returns up over the sale, and I loved it so much I immediately bought Dragonfall as well. The setting of the games is very intriguing, and I loved the artstyle as well. I don't always like turn-based combat, but in this case I thought it was well-executed.
LJChronx: playing spurts of Sonic Racing. The game is awesome and surprisingly deep.
Which of the sonic racing games? There are two if I recall correctly Sonic All Stars and Transformed. I totally agree it is really deep for what is basically an arcade style racing game. Personally I really like both of them but I think I like the first one (All Stars) slightly better.
PlanesWalker1337: I've always been annoyed by Gothic fans saying Gothic 3 is a bad game.
Well, as a Gothic fan since 2000, I can say that Gothic 3 *was* a bad game. The initial release was an absolute, almost unplayable unfinished mess. In the followiing years, though, the community fixed many of those issues (both with the immense patch and with mods), so now everyone could safely say that Gothic 3 is a good game.
So widely different from the previous two that if it had another title nobody would notice that it is part of the series, but still objectively fine.
Imo, it does exactly what The Elder Scrolls do, only in a much, much more charismatic way. I always found -please, don't hate me for this- TES games very shallow, and G3 presents a similar kind of gameplay in a much better designed, more interesting and "living" world. The fact that Pirhanha Bytes always scripted the behaviour of every single NPC to give it a believable daily routine and hand-crafted even the smallest particulars of each map adds much to this.
Post edited December 29, 2014 by Enebias
LJChronx: playing spurts of Sonic Racing. The game is awesome and surprisingly deep.
cecil: Which of the sonic racing games? There are two if I recall correctly Sonic All Stars and Transformed. I totally agree it is really deep for what is basically an arcade style racing game. Personally I really like both of them but I think I like the first one (All Stars) slightly better.
Yeah that's the name "Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed". Great game, never played the other one. I got it in the Sega Humble Bundle for $1. I have played hundreds of hours of all the Mario Kart games except for the Wii U version and the Sonic game is way deeper. The boosting system is leaps and bounds over Mario Kart. Also, quite a bit harder.
I have played most of the Mario Kart games and the Sonic game is way deeper. The boosting system is leaps and bounds over Mario Kart. Also, quite a bit harder.

Amen to the better then Mario Kart.

A personal retro favorite of mine is CTR:Crash Team Racing on PS1
I just bought the 2013 Tomb Raider Game of the Year edition from Steam at $5.99; (the regular edition without the complete DLC collection is only $3.99.) The 2013 reboot is a complete re-imagineering of the Lara Croft character who has no connection with the previous Lara Croft or any of the Tomb Raider games. Just for the record: I hated the original 1996 Tomb Raider.

I have just tried the 2013 reboot: It was amazing. IMO its storytelling, gameplay and execution are far superior than the 1996 original game. This new Lara Croft is very different than the old Lara Croft. The new Lara has smaller boobs. The new Lara has much more realistic characterization and meaningful character growth. The new Lara's favorite weapon is a bow (as she favors silent kills) instead of old Lara's dual pistols, (although she can still wield dual pistols.) The 2013 reboot focuses more on Lara's character development, on how she learned to become a survivor after she and her friends had been shipwrecked on an island of pirates, criminals and cultists. Yet she is not yet a treasure hunter and a "Tomb Raider".

The recently released trailer for the upcoming 2015 sequel, Rise of the Tomb Raider, which seems to continue to focus on her character development. She suffers psychological traumas and survivor's guilt from her first adventure in the 2013 game, (i.e., after having survived an horrible ordeal while watching her friends die;) The new Tomb Raider reboot series definitely has more depth than the original series in terms of storytelling and character development. So I will be spending the next few days playing the new Tomb Raider.

Unlike the original, the reboot has a lot of RPG elements. Lara has HP and earns XP, and she uses XP to earn and select skill upgrade. Which reminds me of the 2012 XCOM reboot/re-imagineering, which also has RPG skill trees. I also hated the original XCOM. Yet I love the new XCOM and have put over 1000 hours into it. These reboots/re-imagineerings have really turned out to be far superior than their original predecessors.
Post edited December 29, 2014 by ktchong
Two Worlds. I'm currently exploring the tomb of a king for a quest and it appears to be tying in with another quest, awesome. Fifteen hours into the game I finally spent Params Points (basically attribute points) in Vitality (basically it's your health points) so I'm no longer getting one shotted by nearly everything beyond a simple grom or wolf! Huzzah! Also despite being fifteen hours into the game and leveled up to level thirty one I've barely touched the main quest. I might've done four or five main quest quests so far.
I'm playing System Shock 2 and today I tried out Hearthstone with good sensations
I ran through the first 2 Batman: Arkham games - got the three of them for cheap as a bundle - and started the third, but it hasn't really grabbed me like the others. I've also started playing X3 Albion Prelude again, and will probably spend most of my game time with that for the foreseeable future. Lord knows I've put at least a thousand hours into X3 Terran Conflict in the past, and that's a conservative estimate, so I should be into AP for a good, long while.
ScotchMonkey: Picked up Dead Space 3 in the bargain bin. Awful on most fronts. Would be fine on its own but there are already two games prior that were near perfect so this entry feels like a major step back. Don't bother with it.
Oh man, it is. I loved the first game, and enjoyed the second, but I couldn't even bring myself to finish the third game. I'm glad I only picked it up in a Humble Bundle.

I love crafting, but not in a horror game. It just makes it feel too ... gamey.