It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Currently reading The Grim Company by Luke Scull.
Reading Vampirella Masters, Vol. 1, which I got from Humble Bundle. My new Galaxy Tab S 8.4 turned out to be good for reading PDF comics, and this is the first thing I tried on it, so I'm enjoying the reading on that level. The comic itself is mediocre at best. Art is okay, with good looking women that for some reason don't feel sexy. The story isn't that interesting, probably because the characters aren't interesting. I don't know, I just have a feeling this could have been done better. It could probably make for a decent action movie. Could have been worse, I suppose. I think I'll go back to Doctor Who once I finish this.

Edit: Having finished the book, the last two stories are both better told and sexier. It's just the first part (Ascending Evil and Hell on Earth) which is lamer (and that's most of the book). So while I was reading to give up on these before, I might check the second volume.
Post edited February 02, 2015 by ET3D
Quickbooks 2014 for Dummies. Just starting the 3rd chapter now. Kinda hard to read since my eyes are glazed over from Chapters 1 and 2.
the replies of your topic...........
Finished "Very Special People" by Frederick Drimmer and it was awesome.

Currently "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore.
So polemically that I can't read it for more than 30min per day, but some interesting information along the lines buried between the stuff that is common knowledge by now.
Post edited February 03, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Started reading The Devil in The White City by Erik Larson a while ago. It's a very interesting book and the only one I bought so far in the last 5 years or so. It's too soon to write any sorts of review. I can only say that I am enjoying this book a lot.
Steel tihs Book by Abbot Howard Hofm,an
I wish I would read more often.

Any recommendations on sci-fi books that don't "toss" you into their crazy lore? As in they don't start mentioning all these weird lingo that you have no idea about.
8BitGinno: I wish I would read more often.

Any recommendations on sci-fi books that don't "toss" you into their crazy lore? As in they don't start mentioning all these weird lingo that you have no idea about.
Anything from Philip K. Dick, especcially "Do Androids of Electric Sheep?".
Klumpen0815: Anything from Philip K. Dick, especcially "Do Androids of Electric Sheep?".
Well, iOSs dream of human sheep, that I can tell you.
Finally finished reading this Italian book on the Myths of "Old World", ie Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and China/Japan. Now my mind is full of shit and names like Cuchulahin, Fin Mac Cool, Skrymir, Tuatha De Danaan, Utnapishtim, Ereshkigal, Inanna (Ishtar), Amaterasu, Emma-o etc.

A pretty wild and exciting read, for someone who loves mythology and related stuff. Yet an incomplete read, seeing how many things were left out or superficially outlined.
8BitGinno: Any recommendations on sci-fi books that don't "toss" you into their crazy lore? As in they don't start mentioning all these weird lingo that you have no idea about.
I don't grok what you mean. What kind of Tel'roqs would frooding do that?
8BitGinno: Any recommendations on sci-fi books that don't "toss" you into their crazy lore? As in they don't start mentioning all these weird lingo that you have no idea about.
HunchBluntley: I don't grok what you mean. What kind of Tel'roqs would frooding do that?
Hehe, I got the first and last reference. The middle one went over my head.

On topic, I'm re-reading the Ring of Fire (1632) series at the moment.
I'm reading the Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth series. Was watching the TV series for a while, but found that it jumped around too much for my liking.
HunchBluntley: I don't grok what you mean. What kind of Tel'roqs would frooding do that?
Wishbone: Hehe, I got the first and last reference. The middle one went over my head.
Probably because I made it up. :) It does sound like fantasy or sci-fi jargon though, don't you think? (Also, I think I kind of misused "frood", but only because I couldn't think of a way to include it otherwise.)

On topic: Currently reading Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset (as translated from the Norwegian by Tiina Nunnally) and The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladimir Putin by Masha Gessen. Oh, and also The Rage of the Vulture by Barry Unsworth, off and on (mostly off).