It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crispy78: Well, sort of. In the same way that you are European. They've gone and made life difficult for themselves by calling their country and their continent(s) the same thing.

I would call those mentioned above Canadians, Panamanians and Argentinians. My understanding is that certainly Canadians (don't know about the others) get rather huffy if they're referred to as Americans. People from the United States of America are Americans.
DubConqueror: But then what we lack is a term for inhabitants of the continent. Though, if you view it as two continents instead, there's North American and South American (or Latin American, as it's called on the other side of the ocean).
Actually Latin America does not equate to South America. Latin America is a cultural or linguistic association of countries, which includes countries geographically part of the continent of North America, like Mexico.
DubConqueror: But then what we lack is a term for inhabitants of the continent. Though, if you view it as two continents instead, there's North American and South American (or Latin American, as it's called on the other side of the ocean).
Tallin: Actually Latin America does not equate to South America. Latin America is a cultural or linguistic association of countries, which includes countries geographically part of the continent of North America, like Mexico.
All roads lead to Rome.

Or so they say. Wouldn't know, never been there. Though I hear the bread and wine are to die for.
Tallin: Actually Latin America does not equate to South America. Latin America is a cultural or linguistic association of countries, which includes countries geographically part of the continent of North America, like Mexico.
There is also anglo-america, which would be the usa,, canada-quebec and some islands.
I just use "dude". Seems to work okay...
HereForTheBeer: I just use "dude". Seems to work okay...
I prefer "vato" :-p
HereForTheBeer: I just use "dude". Seems to work okay...
mangamuscle: I prefer "vato" :-p
<chuckle>
Randalator: The legal limit for drinking water is 7400 becquerel per cubic meter.
"Legal limit" and "acceptable levels" don't mean anything to me. They don't *know*, they're guessing. Have you seen Silkwood?
budejovice: God, that just sounds so tiring...
Not at all. I mean it would be if I travelled by foot, that is a lot of water to carry on foot. It's really no effort at all.
tinyE: It is. It's also paranoid. XD I live in the boondocks where everything is ultra clean, but even in industrial civilized society that is overkill.
I'm not paranoid at all, it's just precautionary. I live in PA where fracking and the pollution caused by it is a huge issue, even for people living in the boonies. A lot of people don't know the state of their water, even if they have a well, and any municipal water is treated and that is not okay to me at all.
The solution to the ongoing derrailment theme, once again.

And to answer the first question........usaers.
Post edited April 11, 2015 by LoboBlanco
budejovice: God, that just sounds so tiring...
drealmer7: Not at all. I mean it would be if I travelled by foot, that is a lot of water to carry on foot. It's really no effort at all.
Not tiring as in carrying your water on trips, tiring as in having to spend your entire life hiding from the lizardmen controlling the population with fluoride.
drealmer7: Not at all. I mean it would be if I travelled by foot, that is a lot of water to carry on foot. It's really no effort at all.
budejovice: Not tiring as in carrying your water on trips, tiring as in having to spend your entire life hiding from the lizardmen controlling the population with fluoride.
Why hiding when you can start a rat farm and gain their favour?
Gringos? (:P)
The Sioux called the white invaders: "Wasicu(n)" which translates approximately to "mysterious human".
Randalator: The legal limit for drinking water is 7400 becquerel per cubic meter.
drealmer7: "Legal limit" and "acceptable levels" don't mean anything to me.
And you'll just ignore all the numbers I gave showing that natural radiation alone is a million times higher than the actual amount of Fukushima related radiation? Okay, suit yourself.

They don't *know*, they're guessing.
They do know, they're not guessing.

Have you seen Silkwood?
What does a whistleblower who uncovered massive and criminal breaches of health and safety regulations in a nuclear facility have to do with anything I or you just said?
budejovice: Not tiring as in carrying your water on trips, tiring as in having to spend your entire life hiding from the lizardmen controlling the population with fluoride.
This is no joking matter. Go ahead and have your tap water tested. Dihydrogen monoxide levels are through the roof.
Post edited April 11, 2015 by Randalator
First, one must consider that the description "united states of America" can apply to any one of half a dozen countries from Canada to Argentina, not to mention regional bodies. Therefore we must begin by clarifying which union of states we are talking about. I believe the term "Union of States Upon Central North America" is much clearer about which country we are referring to, and this can be turned into an easily pronounced acronym - U.S.U.C.N.A. - which can then be adapted to identify the citizens. Therefore the inhabitants of the United States should be called "Usucnans".
Mrstarker: Which one? There are two United States in North America.
Randalator: Not any more. The Confederates lost...
No he meant Mexico, the Estados Unidos Mexicanos, (Mexican United States).