It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darvin: There's a bit of a cultural gag reflex here, and the term "American" is a bit like a used handkerchief; we don't really want it. I'm sure it's really sentimental to its owners, but... you guys can keep it.
Replace "we don't really want it" with "we really don't want it". Many Canadians are offended (or as offended as Canadians get, which is to say slightly annoyed) by being called American now that the word has become synonymous with the US.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings expressing our offense.
wannabe Canadians?
Fatties!
Chubby, chubby, fatties!

and traitors to the British Empire, of course!
Fever_Discordia: Fatties!
Chubby, chubby, fatties!

yeah yeah yeah
Nice Teeth! :P
Potzato: wow that's deep
If you can't see adele rolling in it, it ain't deep enough. :P
Mexican
Chubby, chubby, fatties!

tinyE: yeah yeah yeah
At least we don't have to book two tickets to travel! :P
Post edited April 10, 2015 by Cavenagh
Chubby, chubby, fatties!

Don't wanna be that kinda agent provocateur, but always makes me laugh AND [url=http://i.imgur.com/WeZlX.jpg]this one too!
:P
Cavenagh: Mexican
Cavenagh: At least we don't have to book two tickets to travel! :P
I actually can't counter this one. :P I myself am skinny as a rail but I never leave my room so I don't count.
Cavenagh: Mexican

At least we don't have to book two tickets to travel! :P
tinyE: I actually can't counter this one. :P I myself am skinny as a rail but I never leave my room so I don't count.
It's all good fun
tinyE: I actually can't counter this one. :P I myself am skinny as a rail but I never leave my room so I don't count.
Cavenagh: It's all good fun
Yeah but in this case it's sadly true. :P
tinyE: I myself am skinny as a rail
Do you watch 1970s crime dramas and think, "I could totally do those pants?"

Do you describe yourself in online dating profiles as built like a Voltron pilot?
Chandoraa: You win the internet (anyone that's not chuckling by now should probably look up "merkin" in a dictionary).
tinyE: I'm not laughing because:
1) He actually said that.
2) It wasn't even remotely the dumbest thing he ever said.
and 3) That son of a bitch got reelected!
yeah, but he also gave us this (just a shame the original wasn't saved in full)

Merkin
Post edited April 10, 2015 by IanM
I've always felt like I was on a personal crusade to change how people from the US call themselves "americans." It is so friggen arrogant and closeminded and egocentric, just like most people from the US. For many many many years, I always confronted people using it, now I pick who I confront about it because most people don't even have the intellectual capacity to understand why it is an issue even after I explain it to them.

I think using personal states would make sense rather than ever saying the country. The US is sooo diverse and large, just say "New Yorker, Californian, Floridian, etc.
budejovice: For better or worse, at least inside the US and probably over much of the world excepting, perhaps, the rest of the Western Hemisphere, the best word is "American." Common usage has given us this and common usage always wins out, no matter the legitimate gripes.
Language is not static, so what today is common usage can be archaic tomorrow. For a simple example, a boner meant something else in the days of yore:

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/136/

p.s. Over here we call them gringos.
Post edited April 10, 2015 by mangamuscle
drealmer7: I've always felt like I was on a personal crusade to change how people from the US call themselves "americans." It is so friggen arrogant and closeminded and egocentric, just like most people from the US. For many many many years, I always confronted people using it, now I pick who I confront about it because most people don't even have the intellectual capacity to understand why it is an issue even after I explain it to them.

I think using personal states would make sense rather than ever saying the country. The US is sooo diverse and large, just say "New Yorker, Californian, Floridian, etc.
I draw the line at "Native Californian" only because most of the people who use that term think everything east of the Rockies looks like this.

And that isn't a joke; god knows I wish is were. :P
I haven't seen my nephew in 10 years because his mother in California doesn't feel safe taking him out of state.