It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

66% off Mount & Blade: Warband, Napoleonic Wars, With Fire and Sword, and Viking Conquest.

Pillaging. What is it good for? Money, people, land. Riches and glory. Kingdoms falling to ground before you. Overwhelming power. You are king. You are god. You are a pirate. It really pays to <span class="bold">Weekly Staff Picks: Live by the Sword</span>, and you can kickstart your new, better life with up to 66% off several of the most open, powerful sword-swingin' contest simulators out there.

The Mount & Blade series is best known for its huge scale and organic, free-form sandbox gameplay. There are hundreds of unique locations out there - camps, villages, towns, castles, kingdoms. You're free to explore the world and find your own place and your own role.

You can become a roaming bandit. Traveling, pillaging towns and traders. You'll acquire your own warband, first there will be dozens of you - then there will be hundreds. You'll become a force to be reckoned with, capable of standing your ground against the greatest armies.

You can become a mercenary. A man or woman for hire. You have the experience, you have the numbers. Now earn your glory in battle - for the highest bidder that is. Navigate political alliances and courtly intrigue. Pick your battles, and you might just find yourself in good with the right people.

You can become royalty. Through battle you've proved your worth. Perhaps it's time to settle down? You've earned your rightful fief, it's not much - but it's a start. A village. A castle. A domain.

You can become king. To meet your foe in combat is one thing, to meet him at the dinner table is another. But you know you have the right to rule. Play your cards right, and you may just be able to be the spark that shifts continental politics - a bloody revolution awaits, but with enough support, you may just be the beginning of a glorious new kingdom.

There are hundreds of paths to take in the Mount & Blade series, and there are countless ways to rise and fall. Pick your flavor with the award-winning Warband, the Napoleonic Wars, the slavic With Fire and Sword, and the seafaring Viking Conquest.

<span class="bold">Weekly Staff Picks: Live by the Sword</span>with up to 66% off the Mount & Blade series, you're the king of your castle, the scourge of the land, or a common trader. The promo will last until Thursday, October 8, 3:59 AM GMT.

Stream watch:

Tune in to Twitch.tv/GOGcom this Wednesday, October 7th to see one of the Mount & Blade games live in action with a member of our #StreamTeam - we'll be going live at 4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT!
expopower: I still haven't tried Warband yet, since I'm aiming for a total conquest of Calradia in vanilla Mount and Blade first. (This is taking forever. XP)
Matewis: If you don't mind me saying so, consider going to Warband right away. When I finally made the switch it felt like Warband was an improvement in every single way. It's the same factions except with one more, a larger map, and cool new features, such as prison breaks and starting productive enterprises in the various towns, eg. bakeries, tool smiths etc. Perhaps most importantly, you can actually officially start your own kingdom, organize feasts, and recruit lords to whom you assign fiefs and that then follow you into war.
^This.
I already own Mount & Blade Warband. Am I missing anything by not having the original Mount & Blade?
Interesting promo. Is Warband interesting to play only in solo ?
Gede: I already own Mount & Blade Warband. Am I missing anything by not having the original Mount & Blade?
No, Warband was an advancement of the M&B original. Features added were:
http://www.mountandbladewarband.com/game-info/features-0

Or here:
[url=http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount%26Blade:_Warband]http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount%26Blade:_Warband[/url]

Although if your like me, I collect for the purpose of collecting :o)

The only thing I would add is there are mods that work only with the original, so that might be a concern, although the big main players in that area - The Last Age - has a patch, Prophesy Of pendor - remade for Warband, all tend to work with Warband now.
Splatsch: Interesting promo. Is Warband interesting to play only in solo ?
Yes, I never play multiplayer on any game, Warband is great on your own.
Post edited October 06, 2015 by nightcraw1er.488
That's the only way I've played it, and I enjoy it. You have to be interested in self-guidance, and immersing yourself in a sandbox world, though. I don't recall any sort of official campaign, just ... do what you want.

The world is anything but static, which keeps it interesting. Kingdoms go to war with each other, take territory, kings get deposed ... all this can happen while you're just wandering around or camping out. Or you can participate! It reminds me a bit of the Soldak games (like Drox Operative) but IMHO it's more fun.
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, I never play multiplayer on any game, Warband is great on your own.
sergeant_citrus: That's the only way I've played it, and I enjoy it. You have to be interested in self-guidance, and immersing yourself in a sandbox world, though. I don't recall any sort of official campaign, just ... do what you want.

The world is anything but static, which keeps it interesting. Kingdoms go to war with each other, take territory, kings get deposed ... all this can happen while you're just wandering around or camping out. Or you can participate! It reminds me a bit of the Soldak games (like Drox Operative) but IMHO it's more fun.
Okay, you two almost convinced me :) (and thank you for your opinion ;))
I love Soldak games, so this is a very good point for me.

Now : shouldl I buy Warband if I already own Mount & Blade ? Or is the original sufficient ?
Post edited October 06, 2015 by Splatsch
Splatsch: ...
Now : shouldl I buy Warband if I already own Mount & Blade ? Or is the original sufficient ?
Yes :)
sergeant_citrus: That's the only way I've played it, and I enjoy it. You have to be interested in self-guidance, and immersing yourself in a sandbox world, though. I don't recall any sort of official campaign, just ... do what you want.

Splatsch: Okay, you two almost convinced me :) (and thank you for your opinion ;))

Yes. I have posted the feature list above. It adds another faction, plus more mechanics which do improve the game. Also, most mods are war and only now.
Matewis: If you don't mind me saying so, consider going to Warband right away. When I finally made the switch it felt like Warband was an improvement in every single way. It's the same factions except with one more, a larger map, and cool new features, such as prison breaks and starting productive enterprises in the various towns, eg. bakeries, tool smiths etc. Perhaps most importantly, you can actually officially start your own kingdom, organize feasts, and recruit lords to whom you assign fiefs and that then follow you into war.
This makes it sound like one of the most involved games ever released. :o Should I finally play it?
Wurzelkraft: This makes it sound like one of the most involved games ever released. :o Should I finally play it?
Well, there is a Warband demo on steam if you want to quickly check it out before buying it here :) No it's not that involved at all, or at least it isn't if you don't want it to be. It's simply a true sandbox game in which there is a lot you can do but do not have to do. For example you don't have to start your own kingdom at all. Instead you can choose a worthy king to fight for, and simply follow his war party around the map and help him to defeat his rivals. Or if you can take some initiative and try and take over a town/castle yourself, and hope that the king awards rule of the area to you. Or, you can help somebody to usurp the throne of one of the existing kingdoms. Or, you can just be a menace, spending your time pillaging villages and raiding merchant caravans.
Post edited October 06, 2015 by Matewis
Splatsch: ...
Matewis: Yes :)
Oups....
Splatsch: Okay, you two almost convinced me :) (and thank you for your opinion ;))

nightcraw1er.488: Yes. I have posted the feature list above. It adds another faction, plus more mechanics which do improve the game. Also, most mods are war and only now.
Oh you already send a linkand I missed it too... sorry ! I'm directly looking at this. Thank you very much :)
Post edited October 06, 2015 by Splatsch
Matewis: Well, there is a Warband demo on steam if you want to quickly check it out before buying it here :) No it's not that involved at all, or at least it isn't if you don't want it to be. It's simply a true sandbox game in which there is a lot you can do but do not have to do. For example you don't have to start your own kingdom at all. Instead you can choose a worthy king to fight for, and simply follow his war party around the map and help him to defeat his rivals. Or if you can take some initiative and try and take over a town/castle yourself, and hope that the king awards rule of the area to you. Or, you can help somebody to usurp the throne of one of the existing kingdoms. Or, you can just be a menace, spending your time pillaging villages and raiding merchant caravans.
I already got it on release. ;) How does the Viking DLC hold up though? Steam reviews say it was improved a lot over time. Not sure if it's already worth the price.
Wurzelkraft: I already got it on release. ;) How does the Viking DLC hold up though? Steam reviews say it was improved a lot over time. Not sure if it's already worth the price.
I haven't checked out the Viking dlc yet, but I'd like to. I'll probably only return to M&B once I've upgraded my system, so that I can experience it in all its glory :)
Truth be told it ran very well on my laptop, and I only stopped because work caught up with me :P Since my laptop has suffered some, I think, minor heat damage in the mean time I now in any case have to wait for an upgrade before I can return to the game :P
Matewis: Well, there is a Warband demo on steam if you want to quickly check it out before buying it here :)
Or you could simply download it from the Taleworlds site:
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download
Post edited October 06, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
Matewis: Well, there is a Warband demo on steam if you want to quickly check it out before buying it here :)
Lemon_Curry: Or you could simply download it from the Taleworlds site:
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download
Ah right thank you I missed that. When I looked I just quickly scanned for the word 'demo' above a download link