It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

66% off Mount & Blade: Warband, Napoleonic Wars, With Fire and Sword, and Viking Conquest.

Pillaging. What is it good for? Money, people, land. Riches and glory. Kingdoms falling to ground before you. Overwhelming power. You are king. You are god. You are a pirate. It really pays to <span class="bold">Weekly Staff Picks: Live by the Sword</span>, and you can kickstart your new, better life with up to 66% off several of the most open, powerful sword-swingin' contest simulators out there.

The Mount & Blade series is best known for its huge scale and organic, free-form sandbox gameplay. There are hundreds of unique locations out there - camps, villages, towns, castles, kingdoms. You're free to explore the world and find your own place and your own role.

You can become a roaming bandit. Traveling, pillaging towns and traders. You'll acquire your own warband, first there will be dozens of you - then there will be hundreds. You'll become a force to be reckoned with, capable of standing your ground against the greatest armies.

You can become a mercenary. A man or woman for hire. You have the experience, you have the numbers. Now earn your glory in battle - for the highest bidder that is. Navigate political alliances and courtly intrigue. Pick your battles, and you might just find yourself in good with the right people.

You can become royalty. Through battle you've proved your worth. Perhaps it's time to settle down? You've earned your rightful fief, it's not much - but it's a start. A village. A castle. A domain.

You can become king. To meet your foe in combat is one thing, to meet him at the dinner table is another. But you know you have the right to rule. Play your cards right, and you may just be able to be the spark that shifts continental politics - a bloody revolution awaits, but with enough support, you may just be the beginning of a glorious new kingdom.

There are hundreds of paths to take in the Mount & Blade series, and there are countless ways to rise and fall. Pick your flavor with the award-winning Warband, the Napoleonic Wars, the slavic With Fire and Sword, and the seafaring Viking Conquest.

<span class="bold">Weekly Staff Picks: Live by the Sword</span>with up to 66% off the Mount & Blade series, you're the king of your castle, the scourge of the land, or a common trader. The promo will last until Thursday, October 8, 3:59 AM GMT.

Stream watch:

Tune in to Twitch.tv/GOGcom this Wednesday, October 7th to see one of the Mount & Blade games live in action with a member of our #StreamTeam - we'll be going live at 4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT!
huN73R: GOG asked me to be the first to comment, I couldn't deny their request. :P

BTW is the Viking Conquest any good? That's the only thing I'm missing.
Yes, it's improved a lot since the Reforged Edition. A lot, being an understatement.
Nothing for me in this promo. Money saved. :D
nightcraw1er.488: Your doing it wrong, install Prophesy Of Pendor and prepare to lose months (full months!)
Matewis: Wow I somehow missed that mod, thanks for informing me :) Looks incredible!
Yep, its probably the biggest, most feature complete mod out there for M&B: W. Do read up on the help pages if you start it though as it can be difficult, for instance there are unique spawns which appear on the map who have special characters/bodyguard which can be a real nightmare depending on your character setup. A suggestion is to boost intelligence as much as possible to max out points :o)
Well recommended though, have played it at several times in its life and it just gets better. Off the top of my head there are a few others to look out for:
I have played, and find great:
Brytenwalda
Floris

I have heard are great:
Sword Of Damocles
Persino
Nova Aetas
The Last Days (LotRings mod, for M&B but there is a patch for Warband)

Have fun, that will keep you busy for a year or two :o)
I didn't even had time to fire up anything after Warband. So I'll pass on the Vikings for now...
Whenever I have money, GOG only makes sales of stuff I have or don't want. As soon as I have nothing left, you put up the good stuff. You're doing it on purpose :(

At least I have them on GG... Unless those fuckers switched them with steam keys.

EDIT: Yep, only Steam-key for Warband, the filthy motherfuckers.
Post edited October 05, 2015 by Licurg
Matewis: Wow I somehow missed that mod, thanks for informing me :) Looks incredible!
nightcraw1er.488: Yep, its probably the biggest, most feature complete mod out there for M&B: W. Do read up on the help pages if you start it though as it can be difficult, for instance there are unique spawns which appear on the map who have special characters/bodyguard which can be a real nightmare depending on your character setup. A suggestion is to boost intelligence as much as possible to max out points :o)
Well recommended though, have played it at several times in its life and it just gets better. Off the top of my head there are a few others to look out for:
I have played, and find great:
Brytenwalda
Floris

I have heard are great:
Sword Of Damocles
Persino
Nova Aetas
The Last Days (LotRings mod, for M&B but there is a patch for Warband)

Have fun, that will keep you busy for a year or two :o)
Cool thanks :) I'm always a bit afraid of mods, at least total or near total conversion mods, because I think it's incredibly easy to mess up a game's balancing. But if it's as incredible as you say it is then I guess they managed to get it right.
I don't know whether the mod addresses it, kind of doubt it, but one thing I'd really like to see in the game is towns improving visually as they become wealthier. And of course, actually seeing the windmill when you pay for it to be built. Hopefully M&B2 will at least include it.
It's probably got loads more weapons and armour right? There are a lot of armour and weapons in vanilla, but not enough I feel to customize your character. For instance, the winged helmet from what I remember was the best, which annoyed me because I really didn't like its look.

Luckily my laptop isn't in a good enough shape at the moment to play even Mount and Blade, which is just as well, since you know, work and stuff :) Unfortunately, it's completely capable of JA2 and the 1.13 mod :P
high rated
Hello, I'm NoNewTaleToTell and in this infomercial I'm going to introduce you to several total overhaul mods for the Mount & Blade series, specifically the Mount & Blade and Mount & Blade: Warband games.

First off, let's define what a total overhaul mod is, in case you don't know. A total overhaul mod is a mod that changes the game from the ground up, making it an entirely new game.

The Mount & Blade games are some of the most mod friendly games on the market, and as such you can have a seemingly unlimited amount of total overhaul mods installed at once, you simply choose the one you want to play via the game's launcher. Each total overhaul mod uses its own saves so you don't have to be afraid of your saves getting overwritten.

So let's get started!

Mount & Blade:
1866. 1866 changes Mount & Blade into a western. Complete with new missions, new factions, an overhauled reputation system, new items and all the six guns you can shake a stick at! Become a bounty hunter and hunt down outlaws, become an outlaw yourself and make your fortune stealing horses and robbing banks, join a faction and help them achieve dominance while making a pretty penny, it's all possible! http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=166156.0

Star Wars: Conquest. Jump into your ship and cruise the galaxy far away in search of your destiny in this mod. You can be one of several Star Wars races, even Twi'leks! The galaxy spans a multitude of planets, each controlled by one of the legendary Star Wars factions. Ride a cruiser bike into combat, chop down enemies with your lightsaber or gun 'em down with your blaster, join the light of the dark side, it's all up to you. http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest

Mount & Blade: Warband:
Gekokujo. Do you fancy yourself a samurai? Want to explore a geographically correct Japan circa the feudal era? Then grab this total overhaul and go make your name and fortune! http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=249816.0

Prophesy of Pendor. One of the few "fantasy" total overhaul mods, Prophesy of Pendor adds a ton of interesting lore, tons of new items and tons of little improvements. The setting is low fantasy so there are no elves or orcs to worry about, nor mages casting giant fireballs, but dark forces abound nonetheless. Will you stand against them? http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=126952.0

Brytenwalda. Brytenwalda is a mod set in Europe in a period of great war. War is meant as no joke in the mod as it makes combat hard...very hard. It introduces a new stamina mechanic and a new tripping mechanic (don't try to swing while constantly backpedaling), along with making combat more deadly in general. It also introduces religions and overhauls the character creation a bit, as well as new ways of making money, including bounties. Plus it introduces a lot of lore and the Special Edition includes a great novella and even a boardgame! Can you become the Brytenwalda? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,281277.0.html

There are many other total overhauls available, but I have many many hours sunk into each of those mods and they all come with my complete recommendation. If you need any help installing them then just send me a message!
Matewis: Undoubtedly some of the most dangerous games on gog. It's advisable to only start playing if you know you can afford to lose a couple of days, as in a couple of full 24 hour days...
As a certain berserker said: Live by the sword, Live a good long time.
Matewis: ...snip
Yes, as NoNewTaleToTell has mentioned, POP adds a fair few weapons, armours, characters etc. into the game. Is low fantasy, so you will get elf type characters, but no Gandalf's.

As for your specific points, I don't know of an evolution mod type of things were scenes change based on variables.

If you struggle to run M&B, well, there is the ENBSeries plugin which drastically ups the graphical part of the game for very little performance, however the games really shines with large battles so maybe best to get a new system.
Bouchart: Was anyone else expecting to see a sale on Die By The Sword?
Yup, first thing I thought of...
Bouchart: Was anyone else expecting to see a sale on Die By The Sword?
yyahoo: Yup, first thing I thought of...
Yes, but that is an Interplay game, right? ;)

Anyway, can someone please give me information about Mount and Blade, if it would work on an Intel HD4400 GPU? Thank you in advance.
op2015: Yes, but that is an Interplay game, right? ;)

Anyway, can someone please give me information about Mount and Blade, if it would work on an Intel HD4400 GPU? Thank you in advance.
I've played it on a laptop with an Intel HD 4400 graphics card, and cam currently playing it on one with a Intel HD 4000 graphics card. Zero lag on higher settings with battles set to 40 vs 40.

There are demos of both Mount & Blade and Mount & Blade: Warband on Taleworld's official site, the entire game is open, the demo just ends once you reach level 7, so you should be able to put a couple of hours into it! https://www.taleworlds.com/

you shouldnt have any issues as long as you turn off the bloom etc and have enough ram to cover the game and gpu. I can run warband on fairly high settings with a 4000hd

Try out the M&amp;B demo on steam, and then buy the game here :)
Has Viking Conquest improved bug-wise? Is it worth the sale price?