It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Freespace 1+2, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Descent series, Redneck Rampage and many more Interplay classics 50% off!

This week we want you to take a look back at the catalog of one of the all-time greats. Along the years Interplay released an impressive number of instant classics in whichever genre you look: real-time strategies, sci-fi simulators, cartoony platformers, 3D shooters... you name it. They were able to achieve even more, launching titles that have become stepping stones for the entire industry, changing the discussion around game mechanics or genre confines. This week's weekend promo brings you these unforgettable titles at a 50% off discount. Let's walk you through some of the classics from the Immense Interplay lineup.

Freespace 2, featuring action-packed missions, well-balanced flight model, and a gripping storyline with grueling plot twists, garnered numerous "game of the year" awards in 1999 and remains one of the best space sims ever created. If you want some quirky humor and intense gameplay check out and [url=http://www.gog.com/game/mdk_2]MDK 2. The games set new standards for action titles in level design and inventiveness with polished sniper zoom feature and the fast-paced skydiving sequences. Sacrifice, on the other hand, is a 3D real-time strategy game released before 3D real-time strategy games existed. Unlike the genre’s leaders at the time—the Command and Conquers and Warcrafts of the world—it took the bold step of letting the player control an individual character on the battlefield, and offered them the opportunity to play the game from an entrenched third-person perspective.

Navigate to the promo page, to see the entire selection of 30+ fantastic Interplay titles, all available 50% off. The promo lasts until Tuesday, January 6, at 4:59AM GMT.
Enebias: May I ask you your opinion about those titles? I have never foud them particularly interesting at the first glimpse, yet I said the same thing about many games I now consider among the best ever made!

Now that you make me think about it: since the last time, I have forgotten which among those games were not touched by the "inflaction" (I remember only that I didn't buy Sacrifice due to thisXD), and I can't find a post that lists all changes. Does anyone know where I can find one? If not, I guess I'll check the GOGwiki page of each one I'm interested in, in case of a possible purchase.
It's been a long time ever since I last played the MDK games, but I was really fond of both titles back in the 90s. I know, not the most convincing argument. :P

As for which games have not been touched by the increase in price, that's every game with a base price of $5.99 (or $2.99 now). Specifically:

Battle Chess Special Edition
Castles 1+2
Conquest of the New World
Descent: Freespace Battle Pack
Die by the Sword + Limb for Limb
Earthworm Jim 3D
Evolva
Invictus: In the Shadows of Olympus
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
Kingdom: The Far Reaches
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2
MDK
MDK 2
Redneck Rampage Collection
Screamer
Screamer 2
Shattered Steel
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Stonekeep
Subwar 2050 Complete
VR Soccer '96

On second thought, I could have listed which games have been affected, but oh well, nevermind.
tinyE: FYI, Evolva is a very nice, very underated game. She may not be the prettiest girl at the ball, but she can dance.
I can vouch for Evolva. I played it a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had me scratching my head in thought at a few points.
Anyone willing to give me the good, the bad or the ugly on M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2 and/or Invictus: In the Shadows of Olympus?
JaqFrost: Anyone willing to give me the good, the bad or the ugly on M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2 and/or Invictus: In the Shadows of Olympus?
I've only played MAX. I loved it. One of the best turn based strategy games I've ever played. It can be fairly complicated to set things up so definitely do the tutorials.
nvm

( i'm still angry )
Post edited January 02, 2015 by ne_zavarj
de_Monteynard: Perhaps one of the bluetexts will be so kind and tell us where the four new Interplay titles that were promised in autumn 2012 (during the PWYW promo) disappeared to.

In the end we only got Subwar 2050 (a great addition) and Screamer 2. So, is there any news on whether or not the remaining two titles will get released?
They fell into the same hole that the remaining 14+ promised LucasArts games did.
de_Monteynard: Perhaps one of the bluetexts will be so kind and tell us where the four new Interplay titles that were promised in autumn 2012 (during the PWYW promo) disappeared to.

In the end we only got Subwar 2050 (a great addition) and Screamer 2. So, is there any news on whether or not the remaining two titles will get released?
gibbeynator: They fell into the same hole that the remaining 14+ promised LucasArts games did.
Perhaps, but Lucasfilm games were announced on 28th October, which was followed by two sales and the winter holidays, during which GOG doesn't release classic games. So it is understandable that they haven't released games that they want to spread out as much as possible (even though gogers dislike this particular marketing practice).

What I'm interested in are 3 year old announcements!!! I'm doubtful that the Interplay catalogue still contains anything decent in it, but since the increase in price was sold with the promise of new games, I would like to know where they are.
Post edited January 02, 2015 by de_Monteynard
gibbeynator: They fell into the same hole that the remaining 14+ promised LucasArts games did.
Also don't forget about games from the EA , Activision , Ubisoft and Square Enix catalogs .
I grabbed Messiah and Sacrifice, thinking about getting a few more over the weekend.

I own 408 games on GOG so now i got nearly all games i must have from here. I'll finally spend much less money for games and just buy a few more i really wanna play. :D
Grargar: You can always choose to buy the games that didn't have their price increased. Like the two MDK games, for example.
Enebias: May I ask you your opinion about those titles? I have never foud them particularly interesting at the first glimpse, yet I said the same thing about many games I now consider among the best ever made!
I actually played them both a couple of years ago for the first time. Both have unique gameplay and don't feel dated at all, even the graphics hold up well today.
ne_zavarj: Also don't forget about games from the EA , Activision , Ubisoft and Square Enix catalogs .
I didn't forget about them, GOG completely alienated them to the point where they don't release things here anymore.
ne_zavarj: Square Enix
You mean like Gex?
gibbeynator: Also don't forget about games from the
Alienated? By what? Not using DRM or selling Steam keys? Source?
Impaler26: I own 408 games on GOG
Woa Impa, you increased your games quickly!
I'm still at 336 lol (and with only about 50 wishlisted).
I highly recommend Kingpin, a true gangsta FPS with epic insultes (I played the french version on cd and I hope GOG will add it one day).
I will wait a higher discount for Redneck Rampage, it seems to be an hilarious game too !