It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Freespace 1+2, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Descent series, Redneck Rampage and many more Interplay classics 50% off!

This week we want you to take a look back at the catalog of one of the all-time greats. Along the years Interplay released an impressive number of instant classics in whichever genre you look: real-time strategies, sci-fi simulators, cartoony platformers, 3D shooters... you name it. They were able to achieve even more, launching titles that have become stepping stones for the entire industry, changing the discussion around game mechanics or genre confines. This week's weekend promo brings you these unforgettable titles at a 50% off discount. Let's walk you through some of the classics from the Immense Interplay lineup.

Freespace 2, featuring action-packed missions, well-balanced flight model, and a gripping storyline with grueling plot twists, garnered numerous "game of the year" awards in 1999 and remains one of the best space sims ever created. If you want some quirky humor and intense gameplay check out and [url=http://www.gog.com/game/mdk_2]MDK 2. The games set new standards for action titles in level design and inventiveness with polished sniper zoom feature and the fast-paced skydiving sequences. Sacrifice, on the other hand, is a 3D real-time strategy game released before 3D real-time strategy games existed. Unlike the genre’s leaders at the time—the Command and Conquers and Warcrafts of the world—it took the bold step of letting the player control an individual character on the battlefield, and offered them the opportunity to play the game from an entrenched third-person perspective.

Navigate to the promo page, to see the entire selection of 30+ fantastic Interplay titles, all available 50% off. The promo lasts until Tuesday, January 6, at 4:59AM GMT.
Will this be the 4th promo that will end abruptly ?

- Ultima series
- Square Enix Classics
- Din's Curse + Demon War
Post edited January 02, 2015 by ne_zavarj
ne_zavarj: Will this be the 4th promo that will end abruptly ?
Probably :)
Smannesman: Apparently it was 60% off two years ago and 50% off in January 2013.
Interestingly enough it went up in price recently.. some kind of Euro conversion probably.
I assume you are looking at isthereanydeal's price chart in €. You can blame the weaker € for this. Just this summer, $1 equalled to €0.75. Now, $1 is equal to about €0.83.

As a matter of fact, Arx Fatalis used to be more expensive.
Post edited January 02, 2015 by Grargar
Licurg: Everyone must buy Sacrifice . Now. And all the other Shiny games too . Giants, Shogo and Kingpin are also must-buys.
I already own them . :(
>hoping some previously priced at 5.99 titles would get more than 50% off

>nope
Grargar: Arx Fatalis
y u do dis
retsuseiba: y u do dis
Seems like my post has done a thorough job at misleading people. Trust me, it was not my intention; just some sloppy posting in effect.
Post edited January 02, 2015 by Grargar
I will just repeat what I said during the last Interplay promo: plenty of games I would like to have are on sale right now, but I will not buy them. They cannot fool me with their cheap "raise base price by 50%, then discount by 50% later" bait.
I would have been fine even at 60%, but despite years have passed since the increase in price this is simply ridiculous, imo.
Enebias: I will just repeat what I said during the last Interplay promo: plenty of games I would like to have are on sale right now, but I will not buy them. They cannot fool me with their cheap "raise base price by 50%, then discount by 50% later" bait.
I would have been fine even at 60%, but despite years have passed since the increase in price this is simply ridiculous, imo.
You can always choose to buy the games that didn't have their price increased. Like the two MDK games, for example.
real.geizterfahr: Oh, Interplay games have their regular prices back for a couple of days!
Have a +1. :-)

Enebias: I will just repeat what I said during the last Interplay promo: plenty of games I would like to have are on sale right now, but I will not buy them. They cannot fool me with their cheap "raise base price by 50%, then discount by 50% later" bait.
You too. :-)
nice promo i already had some:

Items you already own
LIONHEART: LEGACY OF THE CRUSADER
2003Role-playing

M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2
1998Strategy

JAGGED ALLIANCE 2: UNFINISHED BUSINESS
2000Strategy

so i will get these:

Conquest of the New World
Castles 1+2
Battle Chess Special Edition

rest is 3d unfortunately
FYI, Evolva is a very nice, very underated game. She may not be the prettiest girl at the ball, but she can dance.
Grargar: Just this summer, $1 equalled to €0.75. Now, $1 is equal to about €0.83.
I'm soo glad that I bought 80% of my games at that great rate O_O'

If it increases even more, I'll have to consider these Interplay so-so promos at some point..
Post edited January 02, 2015 by phaolo
*looks at prices* lol. Um... no thanks. But good luck with that.
haydenaurion: Been on the fence for a long time about Redneck Rampage and SHOGO. Is Redneck Rampage worth completing my Build engine games collection? How about SHOGO? I've heard about random cheap kills and sometimes bad AI enemies in that one. Advice?
For $3, grab Redneck Rampage.

Here is a little review I made for the main game:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post1321
Grargar: You can always choose to buy the games that didn't have their price increased. Like the two MDK games, for example.
May I ask you your opinion about those titles? I have never foud them particularly interesting at the first glimpse, yet I said the same thing about many games I now consider among the best ever made!

Now that you make me think about it: since the last time, I have forgotten which among those games were not touched by the "inflaction" (I remember only that I didn't buy Sacrifice due to thisXD), and I can't find a post that lists all changes. Does anyone know where I can find one? If not, I guess I'll check the GOGwiki page of each one I'm interested in, in case of a possible purchase.