It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The ultimate festival of Warhammer video games is here – get ready for Warhammer Skulls 2023!

You’ve heard it right, coming to us straight from Games Workshop, it’s time for the annual celebration of one of the most iconic and influential universes of all time. We are incredibly proud to be a part of it, and to give it a proper justice, we’ve prepared a true feast for all Warhammer enthusiast:

Play Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection and Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition right now, claim the Warhammer Skulls 2023 Digital Goodie Pack (with Final Liberation: Warhammer 40,000, awesome Warhammer art, special discount codes), and enjoy plethora of bargains up to -90% on excellent titles! The Warhammer Skulls 2023 on GOG lasts until June 1st, 10 PM UTC.

Let’s take a closer look at all of this Warhammer goodness – WAAAGH!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection (-75% for the duration of Warhammer Skulls event) and Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition (-70% for the duration of Warhammer Skulls event) are now both available on GOG!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is an absolutely iconic real-time strategy classic that combines intense tactical gameplay, deep storytelling, and the iconic lore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

It takes you into the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, where a brutal and unending war rages between various factions and you are tasked with commanding armies of futuristic soldiers, monstrous creatures, and powerful war machines, to conquer the galaxy.

With its strategic depth, immersive atmosphere and diverse gameplay Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War will keep you engaged for hours on end. Moreover, you will discover (or rediscover) the captivating single-player campaign, where you’ll witness the gripping stories of various factions and their struggle for dominance. Dramatic moments, great characters, and challenging missions will keep you invested in its unfolding narrative.

Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire Edition is a 2020’s digital adaptation of the explosive, high-stakes, turn-based strategy tabletop game from Games Workshop that pits mighty warbands from the Age of Sigmar universe against one another in an eternal player versus player battle for Glory.

The game's art style and attention to detail create a visually stunning experience, bringing the twisted and sinister settings to life. Engaging in tactical battles and outwitting your opponents in this grim world adds an extra layer of excitement and immersion. Dive into the dark and atmospheric underworlds of the Warhammer universe.

When it comes to the GIVEAWAY, the Warhammer Skulls 2023 Digital Goodie Pack contains lots of amazing Warhammer-based things, and you can grab it until May 28th, 4 PM UTC.

By the Emperor, claim the GIVEAWAY and get: Final Liberation: Warhammer 40,000 – great 1997’s turn-based strategy which allows you to lead the Imperial campaign in Volistad as Lord Commander Militant, beautiful Warhammer Skulls wallpapers, first month discount code for Warhammer+, Black Library’s book extract, Warhammer merchandise discount, and Cubicle 7 discount!

And of course, because Warhammer Skulls celebrates all the amazing video games based in the Warhammer universe, we have a plethora of great bargains, so you can discover them while saving up to 90%! Check out the deals on titles like:

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector (-40%)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (-75%)
Necromunda: Hired Gun (-60%)
Warhammer: Chaosbane (-90%)
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War (-90%)

Find all of the discounts HERE.

Time for the ultimate journey into the fantastical world of Warhammer. Check out Warhammer Skulls 2023, immerse yourself in a universe brimming with imagination, strategy, and sheer epicness, and expect more awesome things to come – For the Emperor!
Lucian_Galca: Can anyone confirm if the GOG version of Dawn of War is compatible with the Unification Mod?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/unification-mod-dawn-of-war-soulstorm

Also, if there are any new bugs specific to the GOG version, please post them, as i'm cautious of this release given the GOG version of Two Point Hospital somehow had new bugs, and i'd like to know before buying the GOG version of DoW.
It is not games that did or not support custom content. Where is your logic?

No. Third party Multiplayer Launcher mod (which one refered in review as Mod Manager that is optional feature of launcher now) require and support only Retail version of Soulstorm. That is stated even in Steam Guide.
You dont need this mod laucnher to install mods. Including unFOG or 4GB Ram fix.

Blood Bowl are not broken on GOG. It is broken itself - on Steam too.

Thanks to good adequate people here and in reviews. Who did not try to force their opinion as arguments, who blame release exactly for its disadvantages - removing LAN. It was removed before GOG. But it takes a year for GOG and their outsource studio (same as made releases on GOG of many games incl TPH and Space Matines from Sega).
We can blame that was not solved. Because it is still removed feature. But it is not "broken release", not DRM and not no-mod-support-DRM. Currently there is only one good point negative review.
Most of others just usual lie. "all bad nothin working".

It be a GREAT if GOG replace Sega builds for old CDs THQ builds for GOG versions and keep Sega's for GOG Galaxy.
But we have already better than Steam (not a big deal be better than Steam).

Biggest issue in release - with DoW 1 Gold Edition. Fine they split it to two games for Galaxy (although other "Gold" editions use MORE menu to start expansion dlc). But they did same for offline Winter Assault. It almost same files.
Winter Assault is basically entirely copy of Dawn of War! Its supposed to be bundled in main game installation! Same as Retail Gold, all downloadable releases and even how it is in Steam. Again it is same game appeared twive in Package and DB. According to GOGDB GOG Galaxy version different only in two newest sga archives (WH40KGOG.sga and WXPGOG.sga)

Few minor issues with localisations. Not all get from Steam for all games (and only 3 languages for Soulstorm!). Few readme files are missing for Dark Crusade. Other titles dont have readme files at all. Also all manuals are missing. Althoigh they probably still accesable from Steam Store page (i mean EFIGS manuals not just english one).
There is non needed files there. Some come from later latest Sega updates. Screenshots uploaded to game build. Its not from original Steamworks update but now same files in Steam too. GOG add more. Minor is minor. Main issue it was prepared for year, for whole year it get private branch builds dozens of them. Should be rechecked many times. It is not newbies who make release - they should know vdf files are junkfiles leftovers from Steam installation.
Post edited May 27, 2023 by QWEEDDYZ
high rated
Just FYI, for those who want a LAN-capable release, I made a wishlist entry for that:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/lan_support_for_warhammer_40000_dawn_of_war_master_collection

If most people don't care that's fine too.

twillight: Let me get this straight:
You give away:
- a game that does not function on windows 10+ (and looked horrible even when it was new)
- a sample of a book
- and a bunch of cupons.

Well, i'm not interrested, and sounds warhammer is a very sloppy franchise, judging form this giveaway.
It's free. And you're free not to take it. :P
Post edited May 27, 2023 by tfishell
Wishlist good too. But maybe ask for it in Support? Or try contact someone personally? Maybe that not even theoretically possible from Sega side? I dont believe GOG so much care for us. So muh. It can take veeery long time with wishlist. Like <>7 years "soon"> for something on GOG.
It have more chances to happen now. Same as for TPH critical issues. If there is issues not solved at release - they remain (like for Blood Bowl).

It is job made by outsource (or another CDPG dev team? They have own website) team who made many releases here incl previous Sega titles (but they have also Steam/EGS releases exclusives they list who paid for it on games pages). It is should be forced to them make split GOG/GOG-Galaxy builds to LAN/Galaxy. Right now. I doubt GOG find enough points/profits to spent time and money for it later.
And even fixing issues are cost money if it be separate agreement made later. GOG wil not paid for it.
So another option is enthusiast in in-GOG team to contact sega and/or find files for old CD to compare and replace (outsource studio can try make lan button patch back).

Thanks you personally for argumenting discussion. Here and in few older threads.
Thank you for the gift! :)
Magmarock: But no Boltgun damn it
Given that (afaik) it's single-player only and there doesn't seem to be much to port, I assume Focus's and/or Auroch's main concern is piracy associated with an explicitly DRM-free version.

Unless someone is desperate to play it, I'd suggest a consideration to wait and see (especially if said person can wait at least a year). Return to Monkey Island took 3 months to come to GOG (though that might count as "near future"), maybe this is a similar case.
I managed to get Ultimate Apocalypse running with the GOG Version of soulstorm
Thank you for the giveaway and releasing a SEGA game.
Magmarock: But no Boltgun damn it
tfishell: Given that (afaik) it's single-player only and there doesn't seem to be much to port, I assume Focus's and/or Auroch's main concern is piracy associated with an explicitly DRM-free version.

Unless someone is desperate to play it, I'd suggest a consideration to wait and see (especially if said person can wait at least a year). Return to Monkey Island took 3 months to come to GOG (though that might count as "near future"), maybe this is a similar case.
I'm not saying your assumption is wrong -- that probably is what they are thinking.

What's dumb is that Boltgun is already available on the seven seas. Not releasing on GoG didn't even slow it down.
tfishell: Given that (afaik) it's single-player only and there doesn't seem to be much to port, I assume Focus's and/or Auroch's main concern is piracy associated with an explicitly DRM-free version.

Slash Vohaul: I'm not saying your assumption is wrong -- that probably is what they are thinking.

What's dumb is that Boltgun is already available on the seven seas. Not releasing on GoG didn't even slow it down.
Sure, given that there's no extra DRM like Denuvo.

Perhaps the concern is piracy sites dedicated to downloading, rather than torrenting, GOG games (and sometimes only GOG games) since that's much simpler. I imagine it's possible torrenting still has a "dark/creepy" stigma of some kind (perhaps especially for zoomers who grew up on sanitized internet vs the "wild west" of the early days), and there's the added complexity of needed extra software to do it. Whereas downloading from a website is easy and of course installers are convenient.

As GOG's name has spread, I could of course be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if some GOG versions are pirated more than Steam versions (if not all on torrent sites, then torrent + "free-gog"-esque piracy sites). It's not like we're in 2012 anymore, when Witcher 2 on Steam was pirated more than GOG's.

I'm not pro-DRM, I'm just trying to sus out what's going on.

--------------------------

I don't really know the best way to let Focus know people want Boltgun on GOG, but there is the Focus Discord and the Boltgun "General Chat" and "Feedback" channels:

https://discord.com/invite/focusentmt
Post edited May 27, 2023 by tfishell
twillight: Let me get this straight:
You give away:
- a game that does not function on windows 10+ (and looked horrible even when it was new)
- a sample of a book
- and a bunch of cupons.

Well, i'm not interrested, and sounds warhammer is a very sloppy franchise, judging form this giveaway.
tfishell: It's free. And you're free not to take it. :P
Nothing is truly free.
And this is a straight-out loss for the company behind Warhammer, and even GoG to a lesser degree.
Lord_Kane: I managed to get Ultimate Apocalypse running with the GOG Version of soulstorm
Thanks for letting us know! :)
That's what I figured, the reviewer that said 'mods don't work, 1 star' simply messed up while attempting to mod the game.
That review most likely refer to 3rd party Multiplqyer Launcher mod (include OpenSpy). Which one now have own mod manager. But this launcher not compatible with steam version gog based on. If im get right what mean nothing working there (thjs is about launcher taken from Steam Guides and reviewr say launcher for steam - but Guide directly stated guide NOT for steam version).
Not a big mistake. He miss that point in guide and confused cause guide published in Steam game Hub (i guess he try it for Soulstorm, big fail if actually even launcher working but he try it on another DoW).

They have own website. Maybe there is already extracted files from 1.1+1.2 to update/downgrade unsupported versions to supported one. I cant say for sure, as long ago check it. And i prefer unmodded GameRanger way (no 3rd party download, although somewhere i saw opposite opinion GameRanger are such 3rd party download while modded dll files for game(s) is not - LOGIC).

Steam after SteamPipe update not allow custom content even more. Supposed to be identical to depots even for languages. He can erase extra files from game folder time to time and ofc with every update/validate/language/own error and forced validate+update (there is a point remove extra files for validating if game not working).
So if there is downgrade patch - GOG offline version better for it.
Thanks for the game and other free stuff.

Man, some of these gamers today are whiny little brats. You want a game to be DRM free but at the same time, have the benefits of a DRM game. I'm sure GOG is doing its best to stay within these parameters while making a profit and getting the full game but it's more up to the developers.
high rated
alfoulkes: Man, some of these gamers today are whiny little brats. You want a game to be DRM free but at the same time, have the benefits of a DRM game.
While I agree with you that this is a good release, I take issue with the above.

In no universe is LAN a benefit of DRM
Lord_Kane: I managed to get Ultimate Apocalypse running with the GOG Version of soulstorm
NuffCatnip: Thanks for letting us know! :)
That's what I figured, the reviewer that said 'mods don't work, 1 star' simply messed up while attempting to mod the game.
That would be my assumption as well, you literally just have to follow the instructions granted this is with the galaxy version installed. but I would imagine it would be the same if you just were using the installers. regardless I will be writing a guide up and giving it to the UA staff on their discord and posting it on the DoW forum when that goes up.