It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some of these games are visiting the Cloud for the first time!

UPDATE: To keep track of the ever-growing list of games that support this feature, you can always go here.

Did you hear? GOG Galaxy is getting a huge update to version 1.2 and along with its other great additions and improvements, it also brings Universal Cloud Saves! Some of the games already supported are beloved classics, some are more recent titles, and some of these games (marked in bold) got this feature implemented for the first time ever! Come take a look at the current list:

Night in the Woods
Undertale
Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
Planescape: Torment
Might and Magic 7
Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete

Dragon Age: Origins
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
FTL
Stardew Valley
Tyranny
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY
Shovel Knight
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Shadowrun Hong Kong
Darkest Dungeon
Firewatch
The Witness
Divinity: Original Sin
No Man's Sky
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Pillars of Eternity
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is available today to users who opted to test upcoming updates, and will be rolling out to everyone in April. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit GOG.com/Galaxy.
How do I know if a given game supports cloud saving? Will I have to bookmark this news release and always come back to this list (and nothing new will ever be added) or is there a place on the store page of a game that shows whether cloud saves are supported or not?

Also, I need cloud saves for AD&D Gold Box games and the Ultimas, please. For future wishlist.
SamyMerchi: How do I know if a given game supports cloud saving? Will I have to bookmark this news release and always come back to this list (and nothing new will ever be added) or is there a place on the store page of a game that shows whether cloud saves are supported or not?

Also, I need cloud saves for AD&D Gold Box games and the Ultimas, please. For future wishlist.
The OP of this topic hasn't been updated, so it's already out of date. But there's a filter in the "games" page for a few Galaxy-exclusive features, as well as more general ones. Click "Features", then "Cloud saves". (And yes, these features also show up in the "Features" line(s) on the right-hand side of the game's store page, amidst other info like supported OSes and languages. Any underlined ones are clickable search tags, too!)

Also note that your library has the most of the same search and filter options as the "browse" page. ; )
Thanks Hunch, I'll go look up those things!
Wish it had this feature the first time i played this game :( Still haven't gotten round to finishing it again though i really must as i wanna play that DLC.
With this last update Gog Galaxy completely screwed my BG2:EE game. I cannot even start the game now. Tried to uninstall the game and everything and still the same.

This sucks.
Does unchecking the cloud saves setting remove the cloud saves from GOG's servers? I'd prefer not to be backing up such saves online and wondering what has been uploaded since the update but there doesn't appear to be any progress bar or indication of which games it has already synced (merely a 'migrating data' progress bar when updating Galaxy).

EDIT: And wtf, GOG have removed the setting that controls whether clicking the Close button exits Galaxy. Why? It was a much requested feature among users here and I don't want to have to constantly go to the tray icon and select 'Exit' each time.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by Coreda
Good update.
Post edited May 05, 2017 by Plantaer
Okay, I may be misunderstanding what Cloud Saves does.

It is my assumption by how I read the post that if I save a game such as Witcher 3 on one computer I should be able to pick up where I left off on a second computer.

Is this true?

If not just exactly what good is Cloud Save? I have asked GOG but have received no answer. So, I am asking you all.
Michean: Okay, I may be misunderstanding what Cloud Saves does.

It is my assumption by how I read the post that if I save a game such as Witcher 3 on one computer I should be able to pick up where I left off on a second computer.

Is this true?

If not just exactly what good is Cloud Save? I have asked GOG but have received no answer. So, I am asking you all.
Yes, that's what cloud saving is for.
Michean: Okay, I may be misunderstanding what Cloud Saves does.

Is this true?

HunchBluntley: Yes, that's what cloud saving is for.
Thank you. I thought so.. I finally got an answer back frrom GOG and their answer would be great for someone who knows their way around computers but not for the uninformed. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Ill just continue to play two different games on two different computers.
Thank you again.
Michean: Thank you. I thought so.. I finally got an answer back frrom GOG and their answer would be great for someone who knows their way around computers but not for the uninformed. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Ill just continue to play two different games on two different computers.
Thank you again.
Yes it's true you can use it to transfer your save from one computer to another (if you play on two), it also useful for just general backup for your save games. If for instance your hard-drive fails, you won't lose your save games that are backed up in the cloud. If you decide to reformat your PC and re-install Windows, etc. same concept, you would not have to worry about losing save games backed up in the cloud.
Thank you all. I did everything GOG suggested even down to loading Galaxy and the game on a second hard drive after following their instructions on removing the original set up. I still does not work still waiting for more instructions from GOG customer service.

Your posts to my original question tell me that I am understand what it is suppposed to do even though it does not do what it is supposed to do.

Darn that was confusing.
So is it the game's developers that need to implement the cloud save feature on a game by game basis or is it GOG?
fulano5321: So is it the game's developers that need to implement the cloud save feature on a game by game basis or is it GOG?
I assume GOG can do the implementation, just needing to know where save games are stored for each game. Which brings me to my question, is this gonna be implemented for all games?

And if there should be a problem with the cost of storing save games, you could consider adding support for syncing the saves to a personal cloud drive like Dropbox or OneDrive. With such a solution, it should only be a matter of knowing where the save games are stored to effectively sync any game.
Oh dear, finally !!! That's great !!

Thanks GOG !!! :)