It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not concerned about the delay. First off, they publicly apologized. When was the last time a company apologized? Credit to them for the integrity to do so. Most companies pass the buck. Secondarily, it is still a DRM free game, so I still support them. I do not have to worry about a 3rd party / client software that I hope will work, or some DRM activity that slows my system slower than a fully loaded 18 wheeler uphill. Given some of the utter disappointments with recent releases recently, credit to CDR for acknowledging it is not up to their standard. Now it is up to them to deliver. If not, they will take a credibility hit, as some other companies have for not delivering as promised, or living up to their own marketing hype.
Post edited December 09, 2014 by SpringPower
I have no problem waiting (in fact, this release date suits me better), I just really hope that CDProjekt Red irons out all of the bugs, and any problems that may exist to make the best game possible!

I guess this'll give me another chance to re-read the books and re-play the games prior to release! :D
Tormentfan: Interesting.. A post from codex.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-its-made-of-rape.80281/page-149#post-3635119

Looks like that one Neogaf member was right about CDProject having production problems with the game.

"it looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not. The bullshitting with the Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There's some bad shit going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132704069&postcount=310

Normally this user would be ban for spreading fud, but he was verified by a mod. Meaning he's either a developer on it or has some sort of a close connection with CDProject.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132744341&postcount=359

2 Months later we got a trailer with that shows a downgrade and now the announcement of a delay. Going to be interesting to see if the game ends up being a mess or a disappointment.
I don't care about delay and such, but I will be slightly put off if they delay the game for the downgraded console version
I'm not mad about it. The only downside in my opinion would be the potential push back for CP 2077's production to finish Witcher 3 first.
SpringPower: Not concerned about the delay. First off, they publicly apologized. When was the last time a company apologized?
Depends. I'm guessing the apology in this case is mostly because the last time they delayed they specifically said 'No more delays'. So they actually have something to apologize for.
Gnostic: I don't care about delay and such, but I will be slightly put off if they delay the game for the downgraded console version
Even if this was the case there's no way we'll ever know
Post edited December 09, 2014 by Pheace
Maybe by the time it comes out I'll be able to afford a computer that can run it...sorry, not exactly the happiest of thoughts for everyone who pre-ordered.
Meh, I'm not phased. I know they'll make it a good game, besides, it gives my wallet breathing room what with all these interesting games hitting GOG lately.
I have enough games I can play until Witcher 3 comes out. As long it won't be named along with Destiny, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Far Cry 4 and other "AAA" games who are just a one big bug when they were released it's fine.
Why even announce another date? Just complete the game and then say it's ready for release. So many developers miss their deadlines now it's become a joke.
Post edited December 09, 2014 by Garrison72
Ragnarblackmane: Maybe by the time it comes out I'll be able to afford a computer that can run it...sorry, not exactly the happiest of thoughts for everyone who pre-ordered.
I've pre-ordered and I'm happy :)

Though I'll be supa pissed if I (for some reason) die or lose my hands before it's released.
A delay is a downer, sure, but I'd rather the game be delayed and come out as polished as possible. There are too many times a AAA title is pushed to release on a specific date and it ends up being a real hassle for the end-user, whereas delays can be used to make the game be better.

I've got my pre-order, and I have (more than) enough games to keep me occupied until release. So, yes, I'm a bit disappointed, but overall I'd rather wait than have a game rushed out unready just to appease my impatience.
Ebany: I've pre-ordered and I'm happy :)

Though I'll be supa pissed if I (for some reason) die or lose my hands before it's released.
Is it odd that legitimately I worry about loss of my own extremities before I can finish playing certain games or dying before a film, book, or game is released? Hope I'm not the only one!
Ebany: I've pre-ordered and I'm happy :)

Ragnarblackmane: Is it odd that legitimately I worry about loss of my own extremities before I can finish playing certain games or dying
I don't know about you, but I'm a 97 year old venomous snake handler, so it's not an odd worry at all. Also, long time no see! Welcome back! You'll be happy to know after a huge scare, my stout FINALLY freaking carbonated! Only a month late ;)
Sooooo... are we going to have another Blizzard here?

The delay was expected so for me that's not a big deal. Of course I'm curious what exactly the reason is (console porting, optimization, the devs replaying The Witcher 2 or something else), but it's not likely we'll be told that. With all the hype over the game they do have much at stake after all.

Also, I absolutely love one of the comments I read on another site: "Right before the exams, why, thank you!"
Post edited December 09, 2014 by Sanjuro
Ixamyakxim: I don't know about you, but I'm a 97 year old venomous snake handler, so it's not an odd worry at all. Also, long time no see! Welcome back! You'll be happy to know after a huge scare, my stout FINALLY freaking carbonated! Only a month late ;)
Congratulations! What sorts of flavors do you anticipate?

Is that 97 in Mannish years or...? ;)