It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: I know that the unbundling is not popular around here but I do hope that this post demonstrates the linguistic benefits of the unbundling, namely, we can add languages to separate games without having to change everything in a pack :)
I hope GOG doesn't think that unbundling is considered unpopular as a whole. Many people, myself included think the general idea is solid and can provide a number of useful benefits, but it also of course can cause some problems too and we've all seen people discuss some of those problems. I think the bigger problem is that unbundling happened sprawled out over time with lots of user facing bugs/glitches/problems one day after another rolling out in a way that we're all beta testing something rather than it being completed and well tested in house or off to the side and then rolled out as a completed stable change. That happens a lot at GOG and while some people are more forgiving than others, many get very upset about instability that could be prevented by using different rollout choices intended to give a constant stable experience.

Aside from that though, if one puts aside personal bias and emotional reactions to how one feels affected in the state of flux and looks at what the actual end result could bring, unbundling has a lot of benefits to it. It can cause some problems too of course, but the majority of those problems can be resolved with further technical enhancements etc. I don't think any of the problems caused by unbundling are inherently unfixable from a pure engineering perspective. The biggest problem seems to be the state of flux that things are in at any given instant in time while everything is in varying degrees of working or broken and people being upset about that and just reacting in opposition to change at all because they see change == "break things for some unknown amount of time, possibly forever" which is ultimately a bad thing. People end up experiencing something bad and then having a bad perception and bad bias against change, which builds up over time from one change to the next.

GOG's changes are never inherently bad IMHO, nor their vision to bring something better to us. The biggest problem I see GOG having is communication with the community in advance of things, rolling out website code in a deep state of development before it is stable and reliable which ends up breaking all kinds of things for days/weeks on end, and quality assurance processes that could definitely be improved for the better. I hope nobody at GOG is offended by me expressing this as it is intended only as constructive feedback. I love what you guys are doing almost all of the time from a fundamental level, but the process, quality assurance and how things lands to everyone in a user-visible manner could be improved greatly. I get the feeling that there might be internal pressure on the developers to roll out new code sooner than it is really ready to be rolled out, and that ends up causing things to break and upset customers. I really hope to see GOG rethink this process and make us wait longer for changes to be rolled out until the development is more complete and stable internally.

Having said all of that though, I'm a forgiving guy myself and will tend to give you guys the benefit of doubt as to your intentions being good, and I'm rather patient to wait it out more often than not - but I definitely observe that many others are neither as forgiving nor as patient and it is sad to see people have such bad experiences too when I know or at least feel strongly that you guys ultimately are gamers like the rest of us and intend to do good things for us even if it doesn't always appear that way to some folks.

I'm already starting to experience some of the benefits of the unbundling currently - using the tag mechanism on individual games out of what was previously bundles. For example, being able to flag individual titles as "COMPLETED" or "NEXT TO PLAY" or whatever. Something like that doesn't work well with the granularity of an entire bundle of games. There are many other things that would not work well with the former bundled way of doing things either, so the unbundling is ultimately a step in the right direction, but the problems it has caused people ultimately need to be resolved too in order to get everyone more completely on board I think.

So, I pat you all on the back for your efforts and want to say that a lot of the things you do are probably more appreciated by more people than always speak up in the forums over time. People are often more likely to complain when things are broken, than to have vocal gratitude when things are awesome and I think that might give an unbalanced view as to what people think overall. Of course that's just my opinion too and I might be out to lunch. Nonetheless, you guys are a good bunch in my eyes and despite any bumps or bad decisions that might be made along the way I think overall GOG is becoming more awesome over time. :) Just don't let the negative stuff get too much into your heads either! :)

Geralt_of_Rivia: Refresh your account. It seems the legal gordian knot was untangled so they have been unbundled.
Awesome, it's always nice when weirdo things like that get resolved to which there is a mystery of WTF around them with tight lips uttering "legal reasons" or "because" and leaving it to reading between the lines. Whatever the actual reasons were, it is nice to see a solution in place that ultimately improves the end user experience. Nice!

For those who can't see this yet, click: http://www.gog.com/account/refresh

The unbundled AITD games now show on my shelf, sweet.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by skeletonbow
From MaGog's work-in-progress logs:

NOTE! ADDED FILE Secret Agent, downloadables, Linux installer, English (gog_secret_agent_1.0.0.3.deb; Tue, 12 May 2015 10:56:47 GMT; 4,187,902)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Secret Agent, downloadables, Tarball archive, English (gog_secret_agent_1.0.0.3.tar.gz; Tue, 12 May 2015 10:56:47 GMT; 5,180,663)
I've found updates for Pillars of Eternity (2.2.0.5 exe, 2.3.0.11 dmg) with a ChangeLog entry) and for tex_murphy_2 and banner saga (new dmgs, no ChangeLog entry). I had no update flags for either of them.
We've added the German version of Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer and the German manual for the game thanks to Pixelion
JudasIscariot: We've added the German version of Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer and the German manual for the game thanks to Pixelion
Still no flag or other update indication.
And no flags for Rise of the Triad either. I guess the update system died again...
skeletonbow: snip
Just an FYI I am currently reworking the bonus goodie situation for the 6-pack for Might and Magic games :)

Also, as of today the M&M 6-pack now has all of the German versions (save for 1 + 2 and Swords) that were commercially available. Please note that if you see something amiss, it's all under construction :)

And yes, skeletonbow, I'll fix the bits you messaged me about with the filters and such :)
high rated
DeathDiciple: And no flags for Rise of the Triad either. I guess the update system died again...
GOG Support is not aware of any issues with update notifications, but they will pass it on to the web-devs.
JudasIscariot: Just an FYI I am currently reworking the bonus goodie situation for the 6-pack for Might and Magic games :)

Also, as of today the M&M 6-pack now has all of the German versions (save for 1 + 2 and Swords) that were commercially available. Please note that if you see something amiss, it's all under construction :)

And yes, skeletonbow, I'll fix the bits you messaged me about with the filters and such :)
Cool, thanks Judas. :)
JudasIscariot: Just an FYI I am currently reworking the bonus goodie situation for the 6-pack for Might and Magic games :)
Awesome :)
Post edited May 15, 2015 by DyNaer
I noticed something odd as a consequence of the weekend sale. On my shelf Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass - Special Edition has its language set to Deutsch, and I have no option to change it to English. Is this a known bug?
IAmSinistar: I noticed something odd as a consequence of the weekend sale. On my shelf Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass - Special Edition has its language set to Deutsch, and I have no option to change it to English. Is this a known bug?
there are some titles which have this issue , as far i know even if you download the game with the german language selected in the drop menu , it doesn't change anything : the installer is a multilanguage one. (i chacked a md5 and there's no german seperate installer)
Post edited May 15, 2015 by DyNaer
DyNaer: there are some titles which this issue , as far i know even if you download the game with the german language selected in the drop menu , it doesn't change anything : the installer is a multilanguage one. (i chacked a md5 and there's no german seperate installer)
Great, thanks! I was hoping that was the answer. I had similar issues on the old shelf as well, where the language selection seemed almost random, and it was typically in cases of a multi-language installer.
IAmSinistar: I noticed something odd as a consequence of the weekend sale. On my shelf Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass - Special Edition has its language set to Deutsch, and I have no option to change it to English. Is this a known bug?
Here are the games so far identified as having this bug (only one language listed in the drop-down menu instead of many). All are multilingual installers, so it's just cosmetic:
- Beyond Good & Evil
- Dreamfall Chapters
- Iron Storm
- Night of the Rabbit

Also, but intentionally:
- Alone in the Dark 1
Post edited May 15, 2015 by mrkgnao
Language and bonus content additions for 15.05.2015:

- We've added the German version of Might and Magic - Worlds of Xeen.
- We've also added the German manuals for Might and Magic IV and V.
- This was all possible with the help of one of our German community members by the name of Pixelion. Vielen Dank Pixelion!

Also, the Might and Magic Limited Edition pack should now have:

- All of the games linked to the Might and Magic series forum.
- Each of the games has a proper set of categories now.
- All of the applicable bonuses should be with their respective game instead of being copied across all of the games in the series.
Post edited May 15, 2015 by JudasIscariot