It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I received a game notification flag, what foul sorcery is this?

Ah, it's BASS. Even a broken notification system cannot stop its flags getting through.
IAmSinistar: I received a game notification flag, what foul sorcery is this?

Ah, it's BASS. Even a broken notification system cannot stop its flags getting through.
Had those the last two days...at least the notifications didn't outstay their welcome ;)
ElTerprise: Had those the last two days...at least the notifications didn't outstay their welcome ;)
Still waiting for mine to clear. Though I should probably enjoy it, as it may be the last time I ever see a game notification flag on GOG. Even though an erroneous one. :)

EDIT: And gone as soon as I posted this reply.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: Still waiting for mine to clear. Though I should probably enjoy it, as it may be the last time I ever see a game notification flag on GOG. Even though an erroneous one. :)
Why is that?
ElTerprise: Why is that?
The notification system is hopelessly broken for many of us. I myself have not received an actual update notification in a long while, in spite of owning many games which have had updates posted in this thread. And GOG has made it clear that they aren't going to address the issue, since all efforts are being directed into the new user experience instead.
IAmSinistar: The notification system is hopelessly broken for many of us. I myself have not received an actual update notification in a long while, in spite of owning many games which have had updates posted in this thread. And GOG has made it clear that they aren't going to address the issue, since all efforts are being directed into the new user experience instead.
Okay. Thanks for the clarification - wasn't following that topic that much.... And good to hear that the notification flag vanished :).
Post edited April 15, 2015 by ElTerprise
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 14 April (addendum):

NOTE! CHANGED Number of games that cannot be seen on the catalogue due to the Y1K bug (in most countries): 5 ***TO*** 8
Elbart: The what? "Y1K"-bug?
And which games?

Also, I got a notification for an update of "Lure of the Temptress".
Is that actually an update or another GOG-bug?
PS: Please add changelogs.........
GoG's games list can only show the first 20 pages or 1000 games. Depending on which view you use, different games will show up on the inaccessible 21st page. By title those would be the Z's. By user rating, those which have no ratings/yet to be released.
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 14 April (addendum):

NOTE! CHANGED Number of games that cannot be seen on the catalogue due to the Y1K bug (in most countries): 5 ***TO*** 8
Elbart: The what? "Y1K"-bug?
And which games?
Read here my description and HSL's update: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post7115.
high rated
From MaGog's logs for 15 April:

Earth 2150 Trilogy, downloadables, Earth 2150 German: The link is broken (returns 404 error).
Earth 2150 Trilogy, downloadables, Earth 2150 The Moon Project German: The link is broken (returns 404 error).

Both were OK last time MaGog scanned them, which (given the recurring IP blocks) was back on Friday.
Perhaps GOG is in the process of unbundling this game, or perhaps this is just a random bug.

NOTE! CHANGED Number of games that cannot be seen on the catalogue due to the Y1K bug (in most countries): 8 ***TO*** 15 (by title, this means the letters Z, Y, X, and part of W).

Frankly, I find it difficult to keep track in my head of all the bugs afflicting GOG. Is someone up to opening and maintaining a new thread, specifically for tracking bugs and their eventual resolution or lack thereof? You could call it 'The "what did just break?" thread'.
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED Number of games that cannot be seen on the catalogue due to the Y1K bug (in most countries): 8 ***TO*** 15 (by title, this means the letters Z, Y, X, and part of W).
I've been thinking about this. I assume you have MaGog run through the list in alphabetical order? Couldn't you make it, say, run in reverse alphabetical order every other time? That way, the information for the whole catalogue would be updated every two runs.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by Tannath
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED Number of games that cannot be seen on the catalogue due to the Y1K bug (in most countries): 8 ***TO*** 15 (by title, this means the letters Z, Y, X, and part of W).
Tannath: I've been thinking about this. I assume you have MaGog run through the list in alphabetical order? Couldn't you make it, say, run in reverse alphabetical order every other time. That way, the information for the whole catalogue would be updated every two runs.
1) As far as I know, GOG does not support sorting the catalogue in reverse alphabetical order. Does it?
2) As for MaGog, I have already solved this by reading the catalogue twice, once sorted by title, once by bestselling. As long as page 21 on both sorts does not include the same game, we're good. When it does, I'll add a third read, using another sort.
3) When I say "reading the catalogue twice", I actually mean reading it 40 times instead of 20 times, because MaGog reads 20 different catalogues on every run: the regular one + 16 for the 16 regional pricing regions + 3 for the 3 different languages.
4) I am reporting the "Number of games" just to draw attention to the bug still being there for humans.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Is someone up to opening and maintaining a new thread, specifically for tracking bugs and their eventual resolution or lack thereof? You could call it 'The "what did just break?" thread'.
Rather than creating a new thread, we could instead use this one.
mrkgnao: snip
I see. MaGog is restricted to the same sorting options as everyone else, I didn't think about that. My bad. =S

Couldn't you cake advantage of filters to help along though? Say, one sweep for games released up to 2005 and another for the rest? That way you would be sure to grab them all in 2 sweeps (x20 that is).
mrkgnao: Is someone up to opening and maintaining a new thread, specifically for tracking bugs and their eventual resolution or lack thereof? You could call it 'The "what did just break?" thread'.
Grargar: Rather than creating a new thread, we could instead use this one.
It depends whether madth3 is up to the task, because it would be beneficial to have an ongoing summary being maintained in the OP.

P.S. It's a good thread because madth3 already controls posts #1,2,4,6,8, so there's quite some room for the list to grow. I recommend not using the wiki because I believe many users ignore it.
mrkgnao: It depends whether madth3 is up to the task, because it would be beneficial to have an ongoing summary being maintained in the OP.
If madth3 doesn't want to constantly maintain the thread, he could insert a link to his 1st post that would lead to the post of the user responsible for the ongoing summary.