It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

http://www.gog.com/forum/consortium_master_edition_the/consortium_has_been_updated_to_version_12101
Crosmando: "I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream" hasn't been updated to the version on Steam since the 20th of Feb this year.
JMich: Isn't this the one that fixed graphical issues and introduced game-breaking bugs? And didn't we have this discussion before?

I'd rather have a game that can be completed and has graphical glitches than game without glitches that can't be completed.
What are you talking about? IHNMBIMS on ScummVM FIXES all the outstanding bugs in the vanilla DOS version, and it's more stable to boot. The version GOG continues to host here (and refuses to update to the ScummVM version Steam has) is bugged:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SAGA/Bugs

How hard is it exactly to update a game? Literally it would take a few minutes if that. This is why GOG will continue to lose market to Steam, because they aren't even doing the basic functions of a digital distributor properly.
Post edited July 18, 2014 by Crosmando
Blackguards,Deponia 2, Blazblu, Dracula Trilogy are all showing the New symbol but nothing on the right yet...
Crosmando: What are you talking about? IHNMBIMS on ScummVM FIXES all the outstanding bugs in the vanilla DOS version, and it's more stable to boot. The version GOG continues to host here (and refuses to update to the ScummVM version Steam has) is bugged:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SAGA/Bugs

How hard is it exactly to update a game? Literally it would take a few minutes if that. This is why GOG will continue to lose market to Steam, because they aren't even doing the basic functions of a digital distributor properly.
I'm talking about Ellen disappearing if you load a save. Being unable to see your character unless you do the full path in one sitting is a game-breaking bug. Or has that being fixed?

There were a few more (Benny also disappeared from what I recall), and some did have work-arounds.

And the list of bugs here is mostly of the glitch variety (being able to read a note again and again? Incorrect reply on using an item? Duplicate items? Walking backwards?)

Edit: And we did have the discussion before.
Post edited July 18, 2014 by JMich
http://www.gog.com/forum/smugglers_v/smugglers_v_has_been_updated_to_version_14_pc_mac
From MaGog's logs for July 18:

NOTE! CHANGED Consortium: Master Edition, The, sys_req_patch: Patched to version 1.21 ***TO*** Patched to version 1.21.01

NOTE! CHANGED Smugglers V, file_size: 75 MB ***TO*** 78 MB
NOTE! CHANGED Smugglers V, sys_req_patch: Patched to version 1.3c ***TO*** Patched to version 1.4
Hey, a new update for DivOriginalSin!
Will it become the next Dragonsphere? :D
RadonGOG: Hey, a new update for DivOriginalSin!
Will it become the next Dragonsphere? :D
I can ask to have it be the next Dragonsphere :P I am sure all of you would be real happy if that happened :P
Post edited July 18, 2014 by JudasIscariot
Fixed Mac version with the proper version

Almost forgot:
Updated Source Hunter DLC <span class="bold">installer</span>
Post edited July 18, 2014 by Gydion
Crosmando: How hard is it exactly to update a game? Literally it would take a few minutes if that. This is why GOG will continue to lose market to Steam, because they aren't even doing the basic functions of a digital distributor properly.
How exactly is Steam able to push out updates so much more quickly than GOG? Is it because GOG doesn't have Steam's framework (or whatever the right term is) that allows devs to add them directly, or because GOG does testing for each update, or something else? Will Galaxy help stem the "second-class citizen" idea?
tfishell: How exactly is Steam able to push out updates so much more quickly than GOG? Is it because GOG doesn't have Steam's framework (or whatever the right term is) that allows devs to add them directly, or because GOG does testing for each update, or something else? Will Galaxy help stem the "second-class citizen" idea?
For starters, I've read cases where devs provide the patches to Steam first.
tfishell: How exactly is Steam able to push out updates so much more quickly than GOG? Is it because GOG doesn't have Steam's framework (or whatever the right term is) that allows devs to add them directly, or because GOG does testing for each update, or something else? Will Galaxy help stem the "second-class citizen" idea?
madth3: For starters, I've read cases where devs provide the patches to Steam first.
That generally does seem to be the case. GOG cant process a patch and push it out unless dev actually bothers to send them the patch in the first case. I actually get impression Steam does little to no QA during the process simply because they are too many games on the store for them to track.....
Post edited July 21, 2014 by Niggles
As far as I understand this is the way it goes:
1) Steam/Humble Store: Developers/Publishers directly control the release of updates.
2) GOG: Developers/Publishers send their updated builds to GOG. The new builds are then being tested/checked out by the staff and full or patch installers are being created & uploaded to the site.
Post edited July 21, 2014 by TParis
tfishell: How exactly is Steam able to push out updates so much more quickly than GOG?
Difference between publishing an article on your blog and publishing an article in a newspaper. One relies only on yourself uploading the data, the other also requires approval.
http://www.gog.com/forum/blackguards_special_edition/blacguards_special_editon_has_been_updated_to_version_14