It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: That, I believe, is by design, for Galaxy is built around the concept of cosmopolitan auto-update, hence the implied obsolescence of flags and all other symbols of nationalism.
skeletonbow: Slighly off the thread topic but I thought it was worth discussing as it may make other software developers and website developers aware of a problem many are unaware of but which can become an uncomfortable real world problem in certain situations.

It's generally a good idea to never show any flags or other symbols on websites or in computer software for purposes of indicating the user's country or language choice as I learned at my former employer. Lots of websites and software does it of course, but eventually if they end up doing business in countries such as China they will encounter political dispute with the Taiwanese flag for example (if they're big enough of a business for the Chinese government to give a crap and say something about it that is). When a company is faced with such political issues they're in a tough position having to choose to honour one country's flag or the other country's insistence they don't exist causing the software developer to have to make a political statement they most likely do not want to have any part of, and all because a flag was chosen as a symbolic indication of a language selection or for other forms of localization. Our company ended up having to either remove the Taiwanese flag (and have Taiwanese people feel insulted for taking China's side), or leave it there and be unable to sell our software in China. We chose option #3 which was to remove all country's flags because they are crappy indicators for selecting a language. For example, does the Canadian flag indicate Canadian English or Canadian French? It's more complex in a country like India which has many many languages.

So, despite it being popular to use flags to choose language, it is a pretty crappy visual symbol with only very loose ties to a language, and opens one up to geo-political dispute debates with their customers and countries they wish to do business in alike, if not now then perhaps in the future.

Just say no to flags in software. :)
You do realise that we are talking of simple "has the game received an update" flag only, do you? So here is nothing discussed which could be a problem for anybody in the world.
MarkoH01: You do realise that we are talking of simple "has the game received an update" flag only, do you? So here is nothing discussed which could be a problem for anybody in the world.
"flags and all other symbols of nationalism" read as "flag" being a symbol of nationalism and an actual country's flag to me. Even re-reading the sentence again I still interpret it that way. :)
DoctorGOGgles: Galaxy does show changelogs for me.

You have to click on the version number of the game to see the changelog. The version number is only displayed when your mouse is near the "Play" and "More" buttons, otherwise it is hidden (for reasons only GOG knows). See attached screenshots.

By the way, is your Galaxy client the latest version? Mine is 1.0.6.31.
My version is 1.0.6.31, too. I didn't know the changelog was displayed in the spot you showed me, I was looking for it in the same place where it can be found on the website. Strange decision to make everything in the client so similar to the website account and yet so different. I was also able to find this changelog on one game in Galaxy now, but only on a single installed one, and the "Changelog" text keeps vanishing unless I hover over it with the mouse. So there's definitely something wrong there. I'll try if re-installing Galaxy will fix it.

EDIT: Nope, didn't fix it. Also, the re-installed Galaxy didn't recognize any of my installed games, not even the newer ones, and checking a single game (Consortium) after I had shown Galaxy its location took the client quite a long time (I might have been able to download it in the same time). Judging by the beta version, I don't really see a good reason for me to use Galaxy more often; it seems rather counterproductive to how I like to handle my GOG games. Oh well.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Leroux
Megabyte Punch had the Linux version added.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Huh? The changelog is always present. I can view the changelog of any game in my library that has a changelog at any time no matter if I have or have not read it already.

Are you using Galaxy or the website to access your account?
Leroux: Ok, thanks for that info! I'm using the website with Firefox, but checking Galaxy now, I can't see any changelogs in there either (and Galaxy doesn't even display the notifications about updated games that I see in my browser, but I guess that's another issue).

I guess I'll have to follow Judas' advice and write a support ticket.
I also use the website with Firefox and everything works fine here. Keep in mind though that not every game actually has a changelog. The changelog feature was introduced recently and only games that have been updated since then have a changelog. So actually quite few games have a changelog at the moment.
Geralt_of_Rivia: I also use the website with Firefox and everything works fine here. Keep in mind though that not every game actually has a changelog. The changelog feature was introduced recently and only games that have been updated since then have a changelog. So actually quite few games have a changelog at the moment.
I know, but I made the test with Outcast which GOG tells me has been updated recently, so there should be a changelog at least for this game, and I don't have access to it.

Anyway, I wrote a support ticket, even though I won't get my hopes up that Support will be able to solve the issue ...
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Leroux
Geralt_of_Rivia: I also use the website with Firefox and everything works fine here. Keep in mind though that not every game actually has a changelog. The changelog feature was introduced recently and only games that have been updated since then have a changelog. So actually quite few games have a changelog at the moment.
Leroux: I know, but I made the test with Outcast which GOG tells me has been updated recently, so there should be a changelog at least for this game, and I don't have access to it.

Anyway, I wrote a support ticket, even though I won't get my hopes up that Support will be able to solve the issue ...
I just checked and there definitely is a changelog for Outcast. There really seems to be something strange on your system.

Try reinstalling Firefox and create a new profile. I once had strange login problems and that helped. Hint: Creating a new Firefox profile after reinstalling is important since the profile might be messed up.
Leroux: I know, but I made the test with Outcast which GOG tells me has been updated recently, so there should be a changelog at least for this game, and I don't have access to it.
Outcast changelog for the latest update is:

Patch 1.1.6.19100 (23.07.2015)

-This update fixes a potential crash when exiting the game as well as other crashes.
Another update on Terraria ? It said on latest changelog:

Patch 1.3.0.7 (24.07.2015)
* Mac & Linux support (COMING SOON TO GOG!)
* Several internal changes were made to allow for the support of Mac and Linux.

So... an update but coming soon.

Edit: and the notification won't go away for a while (-__-")
Post edited July 24, 2015 by agylardi
From MaGog's logs for 24 July:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Megabyte Punch, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English (megabyte_punch_1.1.0.2.dmg ***TO*** megabyte_punch_2.0.0.7.dmg; ***TO*** 1.12 (gog-7); Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:30:13 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 24 Jul 2015 10:41:52 GMT; 156,518,786 ***TO*** 158,737,710)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Megabyte Punch, downloadables, Tarball archive, English (gog_megabyte_punch_1.0.0.1.tar.gz; 1.12 (gog-1); Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:54:06 GMT; 152,238,469)

NOTE! CHANGED Megabyte Punch, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207659583.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Update (24.07.205)
NOTE! ADD +++ We have added the Linux version of Megabyte Punch.

NOTE! CHANGED Megabyte Punch, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and Mac OS X (10.6.8 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)

NOTE! CHANGED Megabyte Punch, sys_req_linux: ***TO*** Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17, Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz+, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: 256 MB Video Memory, Hard Drive: 400 MB available space, Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386, libasound2:i386, libasound2-data:i386, libasound2-plugins:i386 and dependencies, Notice: this game comes with a 32-bit binary only

[Note that the Mac version was also updated, possibly a galaxy compatibility update]

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Screencheat, downloadables, Windows installer, English (setup_screencheat_2.7.0.9.exe ***TO*** setup_screencheat_2.8.0.10.exe; 2.1.5 (gog-9) ***TO*** 2.1.6 (gog-10); Wed, 08 Jul 2015 11:50:58 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:49:56 GMT; 396,285,120 ***TO*** 394,463,488)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Screencheat, downloadables, Tarball archive, English (gog_screencheat_1.7.0.11.tar.gz ***TO*** gog_screencheat_1.8.0.13.tar.gz; 2.1.5 (gog-11) ***TO*** 2.1.6 (gog-13); Wed, 08 Jul 2015 11:52:02 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 24 Jul 2015 09:54:39 GMT; 468,466,744 ***TO*** 469,105,145)

NOTE! CHANGED Screencheat, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207666493.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 2.1.6 (24.07.2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ Bugfixes and Improvements
NOTE! ADD +++ Coin positions should now sync properly after join mid game in Gold Rush
NOTE! ADD +++ Weapon skins will now apply properly at the start of a game.
NOTE! ADD +++ Temporary profile names can no longer be edited
NOTE! ADD +++ Bomb Assault now works on Manor properly again
NOTE! ADD +++ Party mode now properly re-shuffles the mode when returning to the lobby after a round.
NOTE! ADD +++ Adding a time limit and one shot to a mode will now show two stacked timers
NOTE! ADD +++ Scaled down colliders on pickup items to reduce the feeling of bumping when you drop them or pick them up
NOTE! ADD +++ Team Deathmatch kills to win cap is now at 75 from 25
NOTE! ADD +++ Improvements to Juggernaut UI to make it much more clear who is the juggernaut
NOTE! ADD +++ Juggernaut weapon selection is now limited to 1 weapon
NOTE! ADD +++ Juggernaut now deals with the current juggernaut leaving the server.
NOTE! ADD +++ Juggernaut now works correctly when the juggernaut weapon is not in the main weapon set
NOTE! ADD +++ Fixed credits scroll bar not working
NOTE! ADD +++ Increased maximum XP threshold
NOTE! ADD +++
NOTE! ADD +++ Known Issues
NOTE! ADD +++ Disconnecting two or more controllers in a row and then reconnecting them may cause issues.

NOTE! CHANGED Screencheat, file_size: 378 MB ***TO*** 376 MB

[I wonder why the Mac version wasn't updated]

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Terraria, downloadables, Windows installer, English+French+German+Italian+Spanish (setup_terraria_2.5.0.7.exe ***TO*** setup_terraria_2.6.0.8.exe; 1.3.0.6 (gog-7) ***TO*** 1.3.0.7 (gog-8); Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:30:54 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:26:21 GMT; 137,409,368 ***TO*** 137,548,064)

NOTE! CHANGED Terraria, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207665503.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.3.0.7 (24.07.2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ Mac & Linux support (COMING SOON TO GOG!)
NOTE! ADD +++ Several internal changes were made to allow for the support of Mac and Linux.

NOTE! CHANGED Feist Soundtrack, title_ru: ***TO*** Feist. Саундтрек

NOTE! CHANGED Victor Vran, bonuses: ***TO*** wallpaper

NOTE! CHANGED Victor Vran, languages: Audio and text: English ***TO*** Audio and text: German, English. Text only: Brazilian-Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian

NOTE! CHANGED Victor Vran, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.9.0 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (Vista, 7, 8)

NOTE! CHANGED Victor Vran, sys_req_mac: OS X 10.9.0 or later, Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core CPU, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: OpenGL 4.1 (GeForce 600 or higher, AMD Radeon 5000 or higher, Intel HD 4000 or higher), Hard Drive: 4 GB available space, Recommended system requirements: OS X 10.9.0 or later, Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: OpenGL 4.1 (GeForce 660 or higher, AMD Radeon 7000 or higher), Hard Drive: 4 GB available space ***TO***

NOTE! CHANGED Victor Vran, compatibility: ***TO*** In order to access the multiplayer mode please use your unique cd-key that can be found under My Account .

NOTE! CHANGED Victor Vran, image: http://images.gog.com/6eda037d5c41f1d963f971de358d83e08d6286acbc018c2be780f3c917597354_100.jpg ***TO*** http://images.gog.com/a55162c9000904e84b13666c0711763e12ada202b91bc836992d41c3d0ccfa81_100.jpg

NOTE! CHANGED Gratuitous Space Battles 2, file_size: 382 MB ***TO*** 381 MB

[I don't own this game, so MaGog will not be able to report about file changes]

NOTE! CHANGED Halfway, sys_req_win: Windows 7 or higher, Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: Intel HD3000 or higher with OpenGL 2.1 support, Hard Drive: 300 MB available space, Sound Card: OpenAL supported sound card ***TO*** Windows 7 or higher, Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: Intel HD3000 or higher with OpenGL 2.1 support, Hard Drive: 300 MB available space, Sound Card: OpenAL supported sound card, Two-button mouse & Keyboard

NOTE! CHANGED Halfway, sys_req_mac: 10.7.0 or later, Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: Intel HD3000 or higher with OpenGL 2.1 support, Hard Drive: 300 MB available space, Sound Card: OpenAL supported sound card ***TO*** 10.7.0 or later, Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: Intel HD3000 or higher with OpenGL 2.1 support, Hard Drive: 300 MB available space, Sound Card: OpenAL supported sound card, Recommended two-button mouse, or Apple mouse with Secondary Button / Secondary Click enabled

NOTE! CHANGED Halfway, sys_req_linux: Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17, Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: Intel HD3000 or higher with OpenGL 2.1 support, Hard Drive: 300 MB available space, Sound Card: OpenAL supported sound card ***TO*** Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17, Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core, Memory: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: Intel HD3000 or higher with OpenGL 2.1 support, Hard Drive: 300 MB available space, Sound Card: OpenAL supported sound card, Two-button mouse & Keyboard
Post edited July 24, 2015 by mrkgnao
MarkoH01: You do realise that we are talking of simple "has the game received an update" flag only, do you? So here is nothing discussed which could be a problem for anybody in the world.
skeletonbow: "flags and all other symbols of nationalism" read as "flag" being a symbol of nationalism and an actual country's flag to me. Even re-reading the sentence again I still interpret it that way. :)
I'm afraid I've been a bit florid with my language.

The sentence began its life as "That, I believe, is by design, for Galaxy is built around the concept of auto-update, hence the implied obsolescence of flags".

Then I tried to find a logical reason why GOG would abolish update flags in galaxy, and the only remotely sensible reason I could come up with was that it was a metaphorical statement, a symbolic attempt to throw off the shackles of nationalism for a more progressive cosmopolitan approach (to wit, auto-update). You have to admit that it makes a lot more sense than "users do not need to know".

Sorry for confusing you, but we did get the added benefit of your enlightening story, so all's well that ends well. Perhaps you also have a story about the benefits of "cosmopolitan auto-update" to fully muddy the waters.
Interstellaria has been updated:

https://www.gog.com/forum/interstellaria/changelog
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 24 July:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Terraria, downloadables, Windows installer, English+French+German+Italian+Spanish (setup_terraria_2.5.0.7.exe ***TO*** setup_terraria_2.6.0.8.exe; 1.3.0.6 (gog-7) ***TO*** 1.3.0.7 (gog-8); Tue, 21 Jul 2015 14:30:54 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:26:21 GMT; 137,409,368 ***TO*** 137,548,064)

NOTE! CHANGED Terraria, changelog (http://www.an-ovel.com/downloads/chg/chg_1207665503.htm)
NOTE! ADD +++ Patch 1.3.0.7 (24.07.2015)
NOTE! ADD +++ Mac & Linux support (COMING SOON TO GOG!)
NOTE! ADD +++ Several internal changes were made to allow for the support of Mac and Linux.
I'm not sure if it is a good idea to download that since 1.3.0.7 is a beta update. This is the full official changelog:

- cut here -
The 1.3.0.7 release is an open beta test of the Mac and Linux versions of Terraria. It contains no game content changes, only modifications to the game engine for compatibility with Mac and Linux systems. As such, this release has no formal changelog.

1.3.0.7 is an optional update that is still in development, requiring players to opt in before it will be installed. The beta is distributed through Steam's beta functionality; as such, only Steam copies of Terraria may opt into the 1.3.0.7 beta. Mac and Linux users who choose to enter this open testing phase are asked to join the Open Beta Testing Feedback Group on the forums to provide feedback and bug reports.

While 1.3.0.7 was released early due to the lack of sensitive "spoiler" content in its prerelease, open betas are not expected to become standard for testing of future updates.

Warning

This update is still in Beta and may contain bugs, potentially including bugs that could harm your game's save files. Please manually back up all worlds and characters before participating in the Beta.

While there are no known issues that would cause the loss of data, it's important to be prepared.​
- cut here -

Source: Terraria Wiki
mrkgnao: [The monolingual installers that were lost on Monday are back... almost:
- the French installer that was restored is version 2.0.0.8 from 20 Jan 2014, whereas the file that was lost was version 2.1.0.10 from 4 Nov 2014
- sounds familiar?
- now all we need is a post from Wurzelkraft and the deja vu will be complete]
Not this time, Batman! ;)

Geralt_of_Rivia: I'm not sure if it is a good idea to download that since 1.3.0.7 is a beta update. This is the full official changelog: *snip*
Beta patches? Great.....
From MaGog's logs for 24 July:

NOTE! CHANGED Anna's Quest, languages: Audio and text: English. Text only: German, Spanish, French, Russian ***TO*** Audio and text: English. Text only: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian

NOTE! CHANGED Victor Vran, os: Windows (Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.9.0 or newer)

NOTE! CHANGED Victor Vran, sys_req_mac: ***TO*** OS X 10.9.0 or later, Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core CPU, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: OpenGL 4.1 (GeForce 600 or higher, AMD Radeon 5000 or higher, Intel HD 4000 or higher), Hard Drive: 4 GB available space, Recommended system requirements: OS X 10.9.0 or later, Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: OpenGL 4.1 (GeForce 660 or higher, AMD Radeon 7000 or higher), Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Post edited July 25, 2015 by mrkgnao