It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: As you may already have heard, GOG suffers from the Y1K bug.

If one attempts to go in the game catalogue beyond page 20 (e.g. http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&page=21) it fails, effectively locking the catalogue at 1,000 items. Reported to Judas and support 5 hours ago.

Until this is fixed (or I write a temporary workaround), MaGog is unable to extract some information about some games (at the moment, three: Zork Anthology; Zork Nemesis; and Zork Grand Inquisitor), so if anything changes for these games in the meantime (unlikely), we will not know it until later on.
RWarehall: Did you think to try a different sort? Like by User Rating, to bypass this. (Assuming some games don't fall at the end both times.)
That's exactly the workaround I did (implemented yesterday evening).

However, part of my code does not lend itself easily to being performed twice (e.g. regional pricing), so I am still hopeful that GOG will fix this. If they don't, I'll apply the workaround to that portion of the code too.
high rated
viperfdl: Am I the only one who didn't get an update notification?
The correct question to ask is:

Does anyone, anyone at all, get update flags for any game, any game at all?

JudasIscariot: [...]
With the update notifications not working for anyone anymore, I hereby kindly ask you to do whatever you can so that your colleagues post in this thread while you're on your month-long holiday.
It wouldn't matter much, since mrkgnao posts all the details, but also having a direct link to the actual update post is appreciated, especially since game-specific fora are no longer added in one's list, and hunting them down can be cumbersome.

I also propose to make this thread a sticky again; it's the only centralised medium to get reliable info on game updates.
RWarehall: Did you think to try a different sort? Like by User Rating, to bypass this. (Assuming some games don't fall at the end both times.)
mrkgnao: That's exactly the workaround I did (implemented yesterday evening).

However, part of my code does not lend itself easily to being performed twice (e.g. regional pricing), so I am still hopeful that GOG will fix this. If they don't, I'll apply the workaround to that portion of the code too.
Do you at least get money or free games from GoG?
You are giving great customer service here after all and are doing work the admins should be doing.

Thanks for all this in any case.
HypersomniacLive: Does anyone, anyone at all, get update flags for any game, any game at all?
BASS. ;)
high rated
mrkgnao: That's exactly the workaround I did (implemented yesterday evening).

Klumpen0815: Do you at least get money or free games from GoG?
You are giving great customer service here after all and are doing work the admins should be doing.

No, I don't get anything, but I don't expect anything either.
Frankly, I am not doing it for GOG. I am doing it for the community (and for myself).
I do, however, allow myself to participate in giveaways. Before MaGog, I rarely felt comfortable doing so, but nowadays I do.
Elbart: BASS. ;)
Hahaha, I should rephrase my post to ask about flags for actual updates.
Klumpen0815: Do you at least get money or free games from GoG?

mrkgnao: No, I don't get anything, but I don't expect anything either.
Frankly, I am not doing it for GOG. I am doing it for the community (and for myself).
I do, however, allow myself to participate in giveaways. Before MaGog, I rarely felt comfortable doing so, but nowadays I do.
I think you do a great job and I really do appreciate it - thank you so much. +1
Can you please check the status about The Witcher 2's latest update for Linux? There was a new release build around 11th March but the downloadable files are still the (beta) ones from February.
Post edited April 10, 2015 by Ganni1987
Do we need to install patch 1.166 first?
high rated
From MaGog's logs for 10 April:

GOG just changed the format for displaying bonuses on the game pages. Previously the list of bonuses read "Included FREE goodies:"; now it reads "Included goodies:". Feel FREE to comment.

I only noticed this because it broke MaGog's bonus harvesting logic. Currently MaGog therefore does not display bonus information; should be back in form within the hour (fingers crossed).
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 10 April:

GOG just changed the format for displaying bonuses on the game pages. Previously the list of bonuses read "Included FREE goodies:"; now it reads "Included goodies:". Feel FREE to comment.

I only noticed this because it broke MaGog's bonus harvesting logic. Currently MaGog therefore does not display bonus information; should be back in form within the hour (fingers crossed).
So they really changed something about people complaining that the paid for soundtrack was labeled as free goodie :D
From MaGog's logs for 10 April:

NOTE! CHANGED Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer)
[GOG game page bug fix]

NOTE! CHANGED Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas, file_size: 381 MB ***TO*** 382 MB
Anyone else getting an error when trying to update Warband to 1.167?
high rated
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 10 April:

[...].
Ha, that took a good amount of arguing.

I assume that now that they're no longer (falsely) advertised as "free", it's a whole different ballgame regarding applicable consumer rights laws.
Now they don't even need a reason to delete advertised content....oh wait.