It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JAMVA: I noticed a few of my other Daedalic games were updated too , i never recieved a notification for any of them.

A New Beginning: Final Cut v2.0.0 2.3 GB now v2.2.0 3.6 GB
Deponia v2.1.0 2.3 GB now v2.2.0 2.5 GB
Deponia 2 v2.1.0 5.1 GB now v2.2.0 5.2 GB
Gomo v2.0.0 261MB now v2.1.0
1954 Alcatraz v2.0.1 1.1GB now v2.1.0
DyNaer: thanks for the insight :)

it's unfortunate , users has to be informed by others users.

Last year they did the exact same thing, and i asked more transparency, but obviously they didn't do anyhing in this direction.

I have ,no idea if this has something to do with Galaxy or it's again an update of the billboards displayed during the installation....
You'll find out just why in a couple of days :) I promise :)
Strange version number, never a flag set right, as always.

It's hard to believe that is it possible to mess things up this much without meaning it. From this point of view GOG support to customers is the worst. They should start to understand how important is the organization of the purchased items to their custormers.
JudasIscariot: You'll find out just why in a couple of days :) I promise :)
I don't have faith in GOG's promise from some months now ....
Post edited November 05, 2014 by DyNaer
LOL , ok ;p keep up the good work :)
Post edited November 05, 2014 by JAMVA
DyNaer: I don't faith in GOG's promise from some months now ....
Look, all I can say is you'll see exactly WHY we have been doing these installer changes in a big way. Sorry but I really can't say any more than I already have.
DyNaer: I don't faith in GOG's promise from some months now ....
JudasIscariot: Look, all I can say is you'll see exactly WHY we have been doing these installer changes in a big way. Sorry but I really can't say any more than I already have.
Let's hope it will be worth it. But you really should improve the way you all engage the community. You know what make them mad, and you keep doing it.
JudasIscariot: Look, all I can say is you'll see exactly WHY we have been doing these installer changes in a big way. Sorry but I really can't say any more than I already have.
MIK0: Let's hope it will be worth it. But you really should improve the way you all engage the community. You know what make them mad, and you keep doing it.
The community shouldn't jump to conclusions regarding these installers. We went through this before back when we updated the installers with a few of the game billboards removed due to the fact that the games they were advertising were no longer for sale.

We do inform everyone when we make installer changes due to a game update or patch.

As for this round of installer changes, I would like to beseech everyone to wait a couple of days and everything will be revealed instead of thinking we are trying to keep something from everyone :)
MIK0: Let's hope it will be worth it. But you really should improve the way you all engage the community. You know what make them mad, and you keep doing it.
JudasIscariot: The community shouldn't jump to conclusions regarding these installers. We went through this before back when we updated the installers with a few of the game billboards removed due to the fact that the games they were advertising were no longer for sale.

We do inform everyone when we make installer changes due to a game update or patch.

As for this round of installer changes, I would like to beseech everyone to wait a couple of days and everything will be revealed instead of thinking we are trying to keep something from everyone :)
In fact this wouldn't be an issue if this was a one time problem. But it's not that people got 100% accurately advised about updates in the past, as you can see from the comments here. So even this case adds up to the previous instead of being a minor issue.

Anyway, you shouldn't make installers that refer to content that could change.
I never thought i would say this when i first joined GOG , i was completely against any type of client , i wouldn't even use the DRM Free GOG Downloader :p but i really do hope that we get some kind of automatic update service. It really is one of the things that GOG is missing and something even a diehard like me would appreciate.

Reading on the steam forums and other gaming sites i think it may be the only thing stopping a lot of people from using GOG or building up a big game collection on here.

:)
JudasIscariot: The community shouldn't jump to conclusions regarding these installers. We went through this before back when we updated the installers with a few of the game billboards removed due to the fact that the games they were advertising were no longer for sale.

Come on, people. Give Judas a break.
We can wait a few days.
JAMVA: I never thought i would say this when i first joined GOG , i was completely against any type of client , i wouldn't even use the DRM Free GOG Downloader :p but i really do hope that we get some kind of automatic update service. It really is one of the things that GOG is missing and something even a diehard like me would appreciate.

Reading on the steam forums and other gaming sites i think it may be the only thing stopping a lot of people from using GOG or building up a big game collection on here.

:)
A client could really helps but it's not the solution. Standalone installers can be done the right way, it's just not the one GOG did.
Client however could be made in a way to help check and download in a local repository all the needed installer for backup purpose, and maybe update files for the installed game. But that should remain optional.

mrkgnao: Come on, people. Give Judas a break.
We can wait a few days.
But he is the only one available here so that we can not give him a break :P
high rated
I suggest you should make new installers again after this. Stop doing single files for smaller games. Always do *.bin files and have *.exe. This way you can update the *.exe through the downloader after some senseless billboard updates and the downloader won't have to download the whole thing again. Well...at least as long as you have the billboards stored in the *.exe of course. Just a thought.

I may have missed the answer but I did look through the thread and couldn't see it. What has changed in Assassins Creed and Wing Commander III? Is it just the installers or something else? I can't see anything on my library page except an update flag.

Thanks.
So, what's the deal with the Daedalic installers? Are those actual updates that haven't been flagged? It sounds more like they just placed some advertising in them for Lucas Arts adventures that will be realesed in a couple of days. Little point in downloading multiple GB for that...
Could someone check one of the new installers and tell me if it installs a webcache.zip file? Or if instead of a gfw_high.ico it uses a goggame-##########.ico?