It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

muntdefems: Haven't tested it recently, but it did run flawlessly and out of the box with Wine v3.11 Staging on my end.
I ended up installing it again, and I can confirm it still works fine[*]. In fact, I've been playing it since my previous post, more than 4 hours ago... :S

Tested with Wine v4.0 Staging.

[*] Though this time around I had to install a couple of winetricks in order for the fonts to render properly in-game. At frist I tried with corefonts but it didn't do the trick, so I ended up installing a bunch more (devenum, quartz, d3dx9_42, and d3dcompiler_47, though probably many of them aren't really needed) and it finally worked.
eiii: Did you find any fix for these micro-freezes?
not really.

Some people said its due to engine. But Grim Dawn (which use the same) is working without noticeable issues, so - Im not so sure anymore
adamhm: Game: Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition
eiii: Does this game run smoothly for you?

For me the GOG version is very jerky and often shows short freezes followed by short fast-forward sections. It's almost unplayable. Although I'm on an older PC (3.1 GHz Core2) it's still above the minimum system requirements and my retail version of Titan Quest runs smoothly without problems on that PC. Any ideas how to tweak the GOG version under Wine?
It's been a long time since I played it, but I don't remember there being any annoying jerkiness like that. However it has been patched a few times since then & it's possible that some change was made that's now causing issues with Wine.
Post edited January 29, 2019 by adamhm
muntdefems: Haven't tested it recently, but it did run flawlessly and out of the box with Wine v3.11 Staging on my end.
adamhm: It's been a long time since I played it, but I don't remember there being any annoying jerkiness like that.
Are you on a (much) faster PC than mine (Core2 3.1 GHz)?

Maybe the anniversary edition is not as optimized as the old retail version, requires a faster PC and the minimal system requirements have not been adjusted for it? So my PC just would be too slow to play it. :(

muntdefems: In fact, I've been playing it since my previous post, more than 4 hours ago... :S
Sorry for wasting your time! :P
I've lost a lot of sleep during the last few nights after reading this thread. And I'm just playing again. :S
Post edited January 29, 2019 by eiii
eiii: Are you on a (much) faster PC than mine (Core2 3.1 GHz)?

Maybe the anniversary edition is not as optimized as the old retail version, requires a faster PC and the minimal system requirements have not been adjusted for it? So my PC just would be too slow to play it. :(
I'm on a Core i5-760 2.8 GHz desktop. My CPU gets a much higher mark on this comparison, but e.g. yours seems better at single-threaded operations. Not sure how does Titan Quest operate...

PS: Disregard my last night report. I've redownloaded the last version of the game (yesterday I had an old installer + a couple of patches) and it worked flawlessly out of the box. No winetricks needed.
eiii: Are you on a (much) faster PC than mine (Core2 3.1 GHz)?
i7 4700HQ, 8GB ram, 850M via bumblebee (I know, no need to remember how terrible it is). Random lags exist (I mean - completely random and unrelated to what happens on the screen. Game may run like a charm during intense fight, but lag out while Im in cleared out field)
eiii: Maybe the anniversary edition is not as optimized as the old retail version, requires a faster PC and the minimal system requirements have not been adjusted for it? So my PC just would be too slow to play it. :(
I mean one of the listed features is improved performance & stability, so I find it kinda weird that it'd require higher specs. Of course it's possible that they've made a blunder at some point along the way.

I kinda doubt your CPU is the issue, unless it's something to do with an ISA extension. In fact I'm pretty sure I tested titan quest at some point on a system with integrated intel graphics and one of these low power (U postfix) Core i chips that you find in thin ultrabooks and slim fanless PCs. These aren't remarkably faster than a 3.1 GHz C2D.

EDIT: Sigh, I can't see anything in the main menu. Splash & intro cinematic plays and then it's black screen time.

EDIT2: Eh right, this was one of these games that doesn't like having 8GB of video memory.. set VideoMemorySize to 512 and I see the menu.

EDIT3: I played for a few hours last night, and the game ran just fine. I think there might've been a few little lag spikes at some point, something that could've been annoying in a very tough fight but I think these happened around transition zones.
Post edited January 31, 2019 by clarry
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
te_lanus: Game: Alien Shooter + Expansions
ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Pro Pinball Big Race USA
Added, thanks.

ciemnogrodzianin: Game: Worms 2
Looks good, but it would be great if you can add a link to the old report, https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread_v1173/post111. E.G. Alien Shooter + Expansions.

ciemnogrodzianin: Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. I'm using PlayOnLinux.
Also, do you know what specific Intel HD it is? I believe they vary in their capabilities.
Post edited February 02, 2019 by Gydion
te_lanus: Game: Banished
How well does it run: pretty well, but I couldn't get sound to work. Tried the "fix" of installing DX9's runtime to get sound to work, but it didn't help. Works with both DX9 and DX11 display options
That would be bug 39402 (which is Staged). E.G. sound should work in Staging 4.0.

Rixasha: Game: Fight'N Rage
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 670
WINE version: wine-4.0-rc2 (Staging)
Looking good. You need the AppDB line. As it doesn't have an entry over there:
WineHQ AppDB link: [N/A]

Also, what driver version are you using with that?
Wine version would be better as Staging 4.0-rc2 or Wine Staging 4.0-rc2 if you prefer. Similar to your Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude.
adamhm: Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Wine version(s) tested: Proton 3.16-4
Was there a reason for Proton on this one?

adamhm: Run the game in a virtual desktop, as otherwise it will start minimised.
Are you able to run it fullscreen after you set the resolution?

adamhm: Game: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Install notes: Requires .NET 4.0 and PhysX (and DXVK for DX11)
How well does it run: Perfect (only DX11 tested - DX9 mode looks like it works ok but I didn't test it beyond loading it up briefly)
So, Proton + DXVK is for the DX11 version? Would you test the DX9, as briefly as you already did, with normal Wine/Staging to see if it still appears to work.
adamhm: Game: Call of Juarez
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 3.10

Install notes: Use the DirectX 10 version with DXVK. Requires native d3dcompiler_33, d3dcompiler_43 and d3dx10_33
How well does it run: Perfect (DX10 version with DXVK)
Are there specific bugs you are working around with DXVK? I know Wine's DX11 is still significantly incomplete. I believe, possibly wrongly, that DX10 should be further along.

Also what specific Wine build are you using here?
Ganni1987: ...if you're going to be so picky every time like this, then I will kindly ask you to not bother adding them to your list.
That's fine. I will ignore any one with a custom Wine build going forward. I had intended to respond to this much sooner as well. I had a bit of a break, unrelated, from the GOG forums and then it took forever before I got caught up in the thread.
adamhm: Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Gydion: Was there a reason for Proton on this one?
Better performance due to esync

adamhm: Run the game in a virtual desktop, as otherwise it will start minimised.
Gydion: Are you able to run it fullscreen after you set the resolution?
If it didn't work then I wouldn't have released a wrapper for it. It just starts minimised unless you run it in a virtual desktop.

adamhm: Game: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Install notes: Requires .NET 4.0 and PhysX (and DXVK for DX11)
How well does it run: Perfect (only DX11 tested - DX9 mode looks like it works ok but I didn't test it beyond loading it up briefly)
Gydion: So, Proton + DXVK is for the DX11 version? Would you test the DX9, as briefly as you already did, with normal Wine/Staging to see if it still appears to work.
I'm not going to re-test it yet again but I'd expect DX9 mode to work with regular Wine too, although a little worse as this game also benefits from esync.

adamhm: Game: Call of Juarez
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 3.10

Install notes: Use the DirectX 10 version with DXVK. Requires native d3dcompiler_33, d3dcompiler_43 and d3dx10_33
How well does it run: Perfect (DX10 version with DXVK)
Gydion: Are there specific bugs you are working around with DXVK? I know Wine's DX11 is still significantly incomplete. I believe, possibly wrongly, that DX10 should be further along.
At this point I'm just treating DXVK as a normal part of Wine; at present Wine's builtin D3D10/11 implementations usually perform too poorly to consider and often have other issues too.

Gydion: Also what specific Wine build are you using here?
adamhm: Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 3.10
I have since updated the wrapper to Wine 4.0 though.
ciemnogrodzianin: Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. I'm using PlayOnLinux.
Gydion: Also, do you know what specific Intel HD it is? I believe they vary in their capabilities.
Sorry, but not sure. Only enigmatic "Intel® HD Graphics for 4th Generation Intel® Processors". I was looking for some exact code or sth, but it's a huge mess with these chipsets, never discovered.

lshw answers with sth like:
description: VGA compatible controller
product: 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
version: 06
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:27 memory:f0000000-f03fffff memory:e0000000-efffffff ioport:5000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff
That seems to be the GT1 Haswell GPU: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Graphics_Technology#Haswell