It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alm888: Does anyone know how "Pathologic Classic HD" runs under WINE (I mean, clean WINE, no Windows libs or Winetricks)?

Current APPDB entry shows GARBAGE, but is way out of date.
no, still doesn't work with a clean wine. just retested it with 4.0-rc7.
bug 43074 still applies.

//edit:
for sake of completeness:
it does work after doing
winetricks -q wmp9 devenum quartz

(well, at least it seems to work, I only played a couple minutes)
Post edited January 23, 2019 by immi101
Alm888: Does anyone know how "Pathologic Classic HD" runs under WINE (I mean, clean WINE, no Windows libs or Winetricks)?

Current APPDB entry shows GARBAGE, but is way out of date.
immi101: no, still doesn't work with a clean wine. just retested it with 4.0-rc7.
bug 43074 still applies.

//edit:
for sake of completeness:
it does work after doing
winetricks -q wmp9 devenum quartz

(well, at least it seems to work, I only played a couple minutes)
Thank you!

I mostly do not care about WINE (or Proton), even though I've heard recently it made huge leaps towards perfection. But one time it actually might be of concern to me, it acts like trash. :( It seems, I have really bad luck with this piece of software.

I wonder, does it count as SILVER or BRONZE? Probably SILVER.

It doesn't matter, though. No point in wasting my money on this right now. I'd better stick to native games. :)
Post edited January 23, 2019 by Alm888
eiii: Does anybody know if there is any progress running Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord with newer Wine versions? Or does the game still not start?
Tested with Wine 4 and nope no start
Wine 4.0 has been released :-)

Thanks te_lanus!
Post edited January 23, 2019 by Themken
Alm888: I wonder, does it count as SILVER or BRONZE? Probably SILVER.
Possibly even gold, if there are no breaking bugs:

https://wiki.winehq.org/AppDB_Rating_Definitions

Gold
Works as well as (or better than) on Windows with workarounds.
You should not be scared of some configurations like installing overrides. It's becoming less needed as Wine improves, but it's nothing out of the ordinary really. Some modifications like dxvk are a must (in case of DX11 games at least).

Often you can find needed overrides yourself by observing error output.
Post edited January 24, 2019 by shmerl
te_lanus: Tested with Wine 4 and nope no start
Thanks for testing! I'm not giving up hope that bug gets fixed one day.
shmerl: You should not be scared of some configurations like installing overrides. It's becoming less needed as Wine improves, but it's nothing out of the ordinary really. Some modifications like dxvk are a must (in case of DX11 games at least).
Sure, that is acceptable for pre-owned games, but that is not the case with this one. And there is no way I'm giving my money for this kind of "support" from the devs (they had enough from me on Kickstarter).

SIDENOTE: Maybe I'm paranoid but in the light of recent events with "Bloodstained" and have a bad feeling about "Pathologic 2" (considering they have not released anything for Linux as of now and already decided to cut corners with episodic release). The Linux version cancellation seems rather probable at this time.

Themken: Wine 4.0 has been released :-)
Sadly, just a nominal release that doesn't change anything. :(
At least for me.
Post edited January 24, 2019 by Alm888
Game: Alien Shooter + Expansions
Installer MD5: 76bae6fea22628fed918d60797618e28 setup_alien_shooter_1.2_(18275).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG
CodeWeavers link: Retail

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.7
Kernel version: 4.15.0-43-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.107
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 4.0.

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux/Lutris, start the game from/create shortcut for "AlienShooter.exe"
How well does it run: pretty well, works with no over-rides or any extra installs needed

Old report here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread_v1173/post486
Post edited January 27, 2019 by te_lanus
Game: Banished
Installer MD5: 463b2720c5c88c28f24de9176b8b1ec4 setup_banished_64_1.0.7_(14938).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG
CodeWeavers link: Retail

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.7
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 340.107
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 4.0.

Install notes: Install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux/Lutris, start the game from/create shortcut for "Application-x64.exe"
How well does it run: pretty well, but I couldn't get sound to work. Tried the "fix" of installing DX9's runtime to get sound to work, but it didn't help. Works with both DX9 and DX11 display options

Old report here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread/post193
Post edited January 25, 2019 by te_lanus
Ganni1987: Some people might like this :)

Game: Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition
EXCELLENT
I thank all contributors.
it will be extremely weird question, based on my personality, but did anybody success at running completely optional galaxy under wine?
Friend of mine is looking to buy one game to play in coop, but gog's version doesnt feature crossplay with steam - just galaxy or lan (and I have no idea, if any of hamachi clones are still alive, nor if any of community-driven galaxy clients already support multiplayer)
Gekko_Dekko: it will be extremely weird question, based on my personality, but did anybody success at running completely optional galaxy under wine?
I didn't try, but I've heard some used it in Wine and it worked.
Post edited January 28, 2019 by shmerl
adamhm: Game: Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition
Does this game run smoothly for you?

For me the GOG version is very jerky and often shows short freezes followed by short fast-forward sections. It's almost unplayable. Although I'm on an older PC (3.1 GHz Core2) it's still above the minimum system requirements and my retail version of Titan Quest runs smoothly without problems on that PC. Any ideas how to tweak the GOG version under Wine?

Gekko_Dekko: Titan Quest Anniversary seems to have random micro-freezes, unrelated to fps (on both intel and nvidia gpus).
Did you find any fix for these micro-freezes?
Post edited January 29, 2019 by eiii
Game: Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
Version: GOG 1.11 EN
Installer MD5:
- 6ce775cf14cd04e6ef2aaafa49c0c136 setup_brothers_in_arms_road_to_hill_30tm_1.11_(26672).exe
- 8735ce288889937f069c6fa114f1f0ab setup_brothers_in_arms_road_to_hill_30tm_1.11_(26672)-1.bin

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 Bionic Beaver | Mate | 64-bit
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.20 32-bit
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4191
[no report sent - WineHQ does not allow to submit test result for Wine 3.20, only 4.xx available]

Install notes: Installs correctly, but 4 traditional GOG runtime errors displayed at the end of process. No impact on installation result ("successful") or gameplay.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues and well performance. About half of the game completed.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. I'm using PlayOnLinux (without their predefined scripts).
eiii: Does this game run smoothly for you?

For me the GOG version is very jerky and often shows short freezes followed by short fast-forward sections. It's almost unplayable. Although I'm on an older PC (3.1 GHz Core2) it's still above the minimum system requirements and my retail version of Titan Quest runs smoothly without problems on that PC. Any ideas how to tweak the GOG version under Wine?
Haven't tested it recently, but it did run flawlessly and out of the box with Wine v3.11 Staging on my end.