It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Installer MD5s:
dfc4e370a42f876e976fdb3d3ab4de36 setup_the_bureau_xcom_declassified_2177831_(20582)-1.bin
1523ef3f89554c4a22a8c1c0b0fd54b0 setup_the_bureau_xcom_declassified_2177831_(20582)-2.bin
591e3b6a34e8efe00ccfda483d786381 setup_the_bureau_xcom_declassified_2177831_(20582)-3.bin
8db32908e612cb0495cb67b83efaab43 setup_the_bureau_xcom_declassified_2177831_(20582).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=15507

Distro: Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.15.0-39
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 18.2.4 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Proton 3.16-4

Install notes: Requires .NET 4.0 and PhysX (and DXVK for DX11)
How well does it run: Perfect (only DX11 tested - DX9 mode looks like it works ok but I didn't test it beyond loading it up briefly)
Details: I've fully played through the game and its DLC with no sign of any issues. Proton's bundled version of DXVK was used & PhysX was not enabled.

Run the game in a virtual desktop, as otherwise it will start minimised. Also MouseWarpOverride may need to be set to "force".

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/the_bureau_xcom_declassified/the_bureau_for_linux
Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Installer MD5s:
c206e073f3426af9610582776961268b setup_xcom_enemy_unknown_401776_(19762)-1.bin
c1264f966e6aea237e97fb3852ff6df4 setup_xcom_enemy_unknown_401776_(19762)-2.bin
e8c6bb06d9d71cce1a57ce7bf2b4e2cf setup_xcom_enemy_unknown_401776_(19762)-3.bin
9d433fad8d9de8dd1dc2874e2c47f060 setup_xcom_enemy_unknown_401776_(19762)-4.bin
c7494df2fc0565f6dfbbbe53750c6a01 setup_xcom_enemy_unknown_401776_(19762)-5.bin
4d676683a1cc82fd7eb80a371f3c3b47 setup_xcom_enemy_unknown_401776_(19762).exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=14528

Distro: Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.15.0-39
Graphics card: AMD RX 480 8GB
Graphics driver & version: Open source, with Mesa 18.2.4 from Padoka's stable Mesa PPA
Wine version(s) tested: Proton 3.16-4

Install notes: Requires xact
How well does it run: Almost perfect
Details: I've not done a complete playthrough, but I've played played for a while without any major issues.

The launcher requires .NET and I was unable get it to work properly, so you must start the game directly from XCOMGame.exe or XComEW.exe for the base game & Enemy Within respectively. Also you must use the argument "-FROMLAUNCHER" when starting them - if you don't do this they'll try to start the launcher.

I encountered some rendering issues with the base game on my system - a bright line is displayed in the lower right corner, and if "Fog of War" is set to low then there are also weird "blobs" that flash around the screen. These appear to be due to issues with the graphics driver as they do not occur on my systems with Intel and Nvidia graphics.

Run the game in a virtual desktop, as otherwise it will start minimised.

Wine wrapper
I have put together a Linux Wine wrapper for this game. For more information, see the release thread in the game's forum: https://www.gog.com/forum/xcom_enemy_unknown_complete_pack/xcom_enemy_unknown_for_linux
adamhm: Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
just for the record
the game has a (well working) native linux port available on steam.
immi101: just for the record
I know; I just doubt that Feral will ever release it here (or otherwise make a DRM-free version available).
Post edited November 26, 2018 by adamhm
immi101: just for the record
adamhm: I know; I just doubt that Feral will ever release it here (or otherwise make a DRM-free version available).
i was pretty sure that you would know about it :)
I just thought it would be nice to have the info stated in the context of this thread, in case there is somebody who doesn't know.
then everybody can make up their mind whether to buy the windows version here or the linux version on steam. (or simply boycott the game until they fix this crappy situation).
The launcher requires .NET and I was unable get it to work properly
The Launcher works fine for me, that's tested in a new prefix, wine-mono wine-gecko packages installed, pointing to an earlier install, unless I did something to the install folder the launcher and the game play without anything else done to them. Using Wine Staging pretty sure the above has been the case since release, I recall being surprised by how straight forward it was, but currently on 3.21 on Arch. Just in case you feel like doing some additional poking.
One more (and final) Shantae:

Game: Shantae - Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition
Distro: Mint 18.1 x64
DE: MATE
Kernel: 4.15.18-041518-generic
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
WINE version: 3.19 (With ESync)
WineHQ link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=34622

How well does it run: Perfectly, I limited the game to just 2 cores on my Ryzen 1700X and it maintains 60fps easily. I've played about 40mins so far and haven't encountered any issues at all. The game comes with both a 32bit and 64bit binaries, I strongly suggest using the 64bit one.

Install notes: Installing the game from the installer works correctly and if it throws the usual error at the end it can be ignored. No Winetricks or any additional software are required to run the game.

Additional Info: The game comes with both DX9 and DX11 renderers, however only the DX9 works, I tried to get the DX11 to run under DXVK but it refuses to launch altogether.

Furthermore, launching the game for the first time may be very slow and might hang, if that happens press Alt+Enter to switch it to Windowed Mode > then press Alt+F4 and relaunch it.
Post edited November 28, 2018 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: Shantae - Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition
does it work with gamepad correctly?
Ganni1987: Shantae - Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition
Gekko_Dekko: does it work with gamepad correctly?
I only have a crappy generic one which doesn't work with this game.
I'm interested in knowing how Gekido Kintaro's Revenge runs in WINE.
Gekko_Dekko: Tzar segfault on launch. Probably possible to fix via installation of additional libs tru winetricks - didnt have time to play with it.
eiii: Tzar works for me without any additional libs (with Wine 1.8). Only the setup program to adjust the game settings requires the installation of mfc42.
sounds like a regression, cuz installation of said library didnt help to avoid segfault on wine 3.20
immi101: then everybody can make up their mind whether to buy the windows version here or the linux version on steam. (or simply boycott the game until they fix this crappy situation).
Feral pretty much admitted they don't want to release DRM-free, so I doubt it will happen. They seem to make good ports, but if they are so DRM obsessed, then good riddance. I'd say those who want to make Linux versions should avoid them. There are enough porters who have no problem with DRM-free releases.
Post edited December 12, 2018 by shmerl
Has anyone tried Fallen Haven or Fallen Haven: Liberation Day with Wine?
did anybody try Book of Demons? Due to issues with native port's performance, devs abandoned it, instead promised proton support. Wonder if it plays under wine without valve's patches
eiii: Has anyone tried Fallen Haven or Fallen Haven: Liberation Day with Wine?
The first game has 256 color issues. I couldn't run it at all (although I haven't experimented with starting a dedicated X server in 8 bit mode). For the second game, I followed the instructions from here
liberation_day_on_linux_wine and I have the same issues as in the post: the game starts but is unplayable because the screen often flickers, turns black, etc.
Post edited December 16, 2018 by igrok