It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: History...awesome. Always one of my favorite subjects.
That's cool. Me too, obviously. I think most students like other subjects better but that's because, let's face it, most history teachers are boring.

I try to make my classes more interesting and relevant for students with a ton of games (can you tell?) and a lot of analogies that make sense in their own lives. When it comes to the American civil war, for example, I like to divide the students up into two groups and we play it out as if they were two sports teams because sports are a big thing at my school. So I ask them, what are your strengths and weaknesses? Who are your 'coaches'? What kind of strategy are you going to have? That type of thing.
stoicsentry: Hello friend, sent you Freespace 2. Hope you like the game!
O_O Thank you very much stoicsentry!
stoicsentry: Hello friend, sent you Freespace 2. Hope you like the game!
yankowich83: O_O Thank you very much stoicsentry!
You're welcome!

Had to change your welcome to you're welcome. You see, I'm not a very good editor either! I do try my best, though... haha.
Post edited June 22, 2011 by stoicsentry
GameRager: History...awesome. Always one of my favorite subjects.
stoicsentry: That's cool. Me too, obviously. I think most students like other subjects better but that's because, let's face it, most history teachers are boring.

I try to make my classes more interesting and relevant for students with a ton of games (can you tell?) and a lot of analogies that make sense in their own lives. When it comes to the American civil war, for example, I like to divide the students up into two groups and we play it out as if they were two sports teams because sports are a big thing at my school. So I ask them, what are your strengths and weaknesses? Who are your 'coaches'? What kind of strategy are you going to have? That type of thing.
Cool....sounds like fun. More so than teachers just blindly following curriculum anyways.
stoicsentry: That's cool. Me too, obviously. I think most students like other subjects better but that's because, let's face it, most history teachers are boring.

GameRager: Cool....sounds like fun. More so than teachers just blindly following curriculum anyways.
Sure. So what do you and taran do for a living? You don't have to tell me if you don't want, but might as well ask it right back. :)
GameRager: Cool....sounds like fun. More so than teachers just blindly following curriculum anyways.
stoicsentry: Sure. So what do you and taran do for a living? You don't have to tell me if you don't want, but might as well ask it right back. :)
Gov't dole...disabled. Thus why I beg alot and enter contests. On spare time I do tend to like running a roleplay(story based mainly) or two for fun, and I even GM'd such a game for two years on another forum awhile back.

I also help friends design websites on the easier to setup hosters.
Sorry I was suddenly called away to take care something. I am back... so let me redeem the gift now...

EDIT: and the gift has been redeemed! Thanks again, stoic! :-D

stoicsentry: Sure. So what do you and taran do for a living?
Me? I am an IT staff, but sadly more of an old school, outdated in knowledge and underpaid one :-(

Also, while USD5.99 or USD9.99 may seem trivial to most people, it is not here. Check out my old thread How many lunches? here to roughly find out how many lunches a GOG can actually buy in my country.

So I really appreciate all these contests people throw in GOG forum.
Post edited June 22, 2011 by tarangwydion
stoicsentry: Sure. So what do you and taran do for a living? You don't have to tell me if you don't want, but might as well ask it right back. :)
GameRager: Gov't dole...disabled. Thus why I beg alot and enter contests. On spare time I do tend to like running a roleplay(story based mainly) or two for fun, and I even GM'd such a game for two years on another forum awhile back.

Hey, that's alright, I would consider 75% of those in my profession to be 'disabled' and 'on the dole.' Haha.

Perhaps you could collaborate with me a bit on AiV. It's a bit of a pet project, so I'm going to want to maintain control of it, but I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you could contribute if you wanted to be a co-creator.
tarangwydion: Sorry I was suddenly called away to take care something. I am back... so let me redeem the gift now...

EDIT: and the gift has been redeemed! Thanks again, stoic! :-D
No prob!

Oh hey, speaking of which, if either of you are still around, would you care to guess my riddles in AiV through PM? I'm trying to figure out whether they are too hard/too easy or just right.

(Oh, DON'T POST THE ANSWERS IN THE THREAD, ONLY VIA PM. THE PLAYERS ARE WORKING ON THEM. HEHEH.)

Ok, this thread got thrown off course a bit so I'm going to stop derailing it. Been fun!
GameRager: Gov't dole...disabled. Thus why I beg alot and enter contests. On spare time I do tend to like running a roleplay(story based mainly) or two for fun, and I even GM'd such a game for two years on another forum awhile back.

stoicsentry: Hey, that's alright, I would consider 75% of those in my profession to be 'disabled' and 'on the dole.' Haha.

Perhaps you could collaborate with me a bit on AiV. It's a bit of a pet project, so I'm going to want to maintain control of it, but I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you could contribute if you wanted to be a co-creator.
AiV?
Yes I will still be around for an hour or so :-)
stoicsentry: Hey, that's alright, I would consider 75% of those in my profession to be 'disabled' and 'on the dole.' Haha.

GameRager: AiV?
Sorry, Adventures in Vue. The RPG game I've been holding here in the forums. Figured I've been plastering it all over so people all would just know it and be like, oh, that SPAM! LOL

Anyway, I'm out of this thread now, to let it serve it's purpose. Hope you all have fun with the new games! :)
stoicsentry: Sorry, Adventures in Vue. The RPG game I've been holding here in the forums. Figured I've been plastering it all over so people all would just know it and be like, oh, that SPAM! LOL

Anyway, I'm out. Hope you all have fun with the new games! :)
Damn that's amazing for a amateur effort. Kudos, and good night.
stoicsentry: Sorry, Adventures in Vue. The RPG game I've been holding here in the forums. Figured I've been plastering it all over so people all would just know it and be like, oh, that SPAM! LOL

Anyway, I'm out. Hope you all have fun with the new games! :)
GameRager: Damn that's amazing for a amateur effort. Kudos, and good night.
I'll still be on GOG for awhile, I just don't want to clog the community gifting thread.

Oh and hey, with your experience with RPGs, if you feel you have anything to offer, I would love to have a 2nd member for the creative team. Or, heck, even a new player character.
GameRager: Damn that's amazing for a amateur effort. Kudos, and good night.
stoicsentry: I'll still be on GOG for awhile, I just don't want to clog the community gifting thread.
If you ever want to chat find my welcome mat and just post there. Later.
stoicsentry: I'll still be on GOG for awhile, I just don't want to clog the community gifting thread.
GameRager: If you ever want to chat find my welcome mat and just post there. Later.
Just search "welcome mat"?