It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

N0x0ss: Is it just me, or lugum manages to snatch nearly every excellent game on the forum :o ?
You need training or better net :D
N0x0ss: Is it just me, or lugum manages to snatch nearly every excellent game on the forum :o ?
i havent snatched it as far as i know. and i would atleast say thanks. its just people get excited and all and i dunno how it worked with the humble bundle but it said to fill in a mail , so maybe that takes a bit.
lugum: best to give it atleast some time before to judge.
If it was you , then take my apologies .
Well... I'm not a typical free-stuff hunter, unlike some -_-' ...

(Not targetting you, spinefarm, you're a giver ^^ just saying ...)
well, think i'll be without the bundle ...
I can not even buy or gain..
this really sucks! ;p
also N0x0ss i missed my share of good games too :P

sometimes you are lucky, sometimes you don't.
gameon: its no wonder people just take games and not give things away. If no-one can be bothered to even thank my gifting, then i wont bother to give anything else away...
Yeah, It is demoralizing ^^ isn't it ? (Is demoralizing even a word ?)
Don't give up on the nice people here just because of someone not saying thanks. Whenever I look at the giveaways and ninja thread most people say thanks.
N0x0ss: Yeah, It is demoralizing ^^ isn't it ? (Is demoralizing even a word ?)
gameon: Yes, it does make the whole gifting idea seem worthless if people just take things and run off basically.

From now on i'm only gifting users i know well (through pm etc). Which is only a handful of people. I'm not giving gifts to people who dont deserve it.
yes i dont think a few rotten apples should spoil the rest .

but sometimes you dont know what the reason is. he/she might have had to split and thank later, someone might not have even known they got it (because it doesnt seem very clear on the humble site) and yes perhaps he/she just neglected to thank you.

still many many do appreciate the stuff and do say thanks.
Humph... that would be the way to create a closed society, and discrimination, in an otherwise perfect community ... Is it the best way ?

I mean if you're gonna pick your targets, it loses the whole concept of gifting.
I prefer gifting by sheer luck rather than the same speedy-internet lurker whom refresh the page every second to see what's free, get it.

The ninja thread is in a sence a great way to create distraction, but it also encourages some people to just take whatever they can get there hands into.
It has also lead to people claiming games they already own/ don't really need or are never going to play.

This is why I personally encourage hosting original giveaways/ quizz etc

Post edited May 31, 2012 by N0x0ss
is there no way you can get some email or whatever from them? like the gifted part here at gog?
lugum: is there no way you can get some email or whatever from them? like the gifted part here at gog?
gameon: There doesn't seem to be that function. All i can get sent is the bundle link. Unless i was to contact their customer support. But i doubt they would be allowed to give me someone elses e-mail address, due to privacy laws...
and what if one would have accidently put in a wrong email adress? would it then have been send to an invalid adress it seems?

if you gift people , it most often is because they are your friends and such. i think you can always try, doesnt hurt to ask.
Post edited May 31, 2012 by lugum
well just to show to always give it some time.
lugum: well just to show to always give it some time.
gameon: Yep, i get paranoid about these things. Although i do need to stop grabbing codes aswell. I cant afford to gift frequently to be honest. I think i've been honest/balanced enough over the past few months.

It wont hurt to sit out both giving AND receiving.

I've got to play through my games.
true it can give people a chance who arent always that lucky to be fast enough (although there have been several occasions when i saw a key havent been redeemed here for a long time)

you can always play some games and come back at giving and receiving ;)
We mustn't also disregard the possibility that he "thanked" gameon because the pressure, and wouldn't have done so otherwise.