It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Shadowstalker16: No I meant bushmeat as in meat of animals like leopards and chimps.
Klumpen0815: Bushmeat (in the original meaning which may be: game you hunted yourself) is known for carrying parasites and deseases of various kinds, so anyone who plans on living this way should know the proper preparing as well as herbs and roots to counter what comes with it and then it's probably better than the usual way when it's about nutrients - not impossible but at least as complicated as a completely plant based diet. Everything has up- and downsides. My boss is a very carnivorous survival/outdoor guy and just recently had parasites (that are even visible in the excrement) in his intestines that caused various seemingly unrelated trouble, so: Watch your shit! ;)
High concentrations of garlic, ginger and coconut oil seem to be working well against those buggers.

BTW: Quite a surprising change of topic, but probably for the better.
I've only had one experience with bushmeat, and it was when my sister's husband fried up some deer meat he got from a hunt. The only thing I remember about that meal was that Mom was resistant to in her words, "eating Bambi."

Also, this change in topic is indeed a major improvement.
Klumpen0815: High concentrations of garlic, ginger and coconut oil seem to be working well against those buggers.
Try a lot of food with capsaicin.

I love spicy foods and eat hot peppers from time to time. Chances are, if what you ate burns your ass, the parasites won't want to be up there in it.
low rated
Klumpen0815: High concentrations of garlic, ginger and coconut oil seem to be working well against those buggers.
JDelekto: Try a lot of food with capsaicin.

I love spicy foods and eat hot peppers from time to time. Chances are, if what you ate burns your ass, the parasites won't want to be up there in it.
:D
JDelekto: Try a lot of food with capsaicin.

tinyE: :D
I never did participate into the fart-lighting scene, but I imagine it could be just that. :) (or ignite my insides, a horrible thought).
Klumpen0815:
Rusty_Gunn: while I do enjoy partaking some of the wild garlic that grows around here in the summer but shouldn't we be talking about how leaking game info possibly may not be the most sound strategy for keeping good relations with devs or something
You mean something like that dev that got so butthurt that too many #GamerGate tweets agreed with her criticism of Kotaku that she deleted it? Or how #GamerGate is fast becoming a catchall deflection to all form of scrutiny and criticism, much like SJW before it? Yeah, it might be interesting if people talked about that.
Rusty_Gunn: while I do enjoy partaking some of the wild garlic that grows around here in the summer but shouldn't we be talking about how leaking game info possibly may not be the most sound strategy for keeping good relations with devs or something
Gonchi: You mean something like that dev that got so butthurt that too many #GamerGate tweets agreed with her criticism of Kotaku that she deleted it? Or how #GamerGate is fast becoming a catchall deflection to all form of scrutiny and criticism, much like SJW before it? Yeah, it might be interesting if people talked about that.
ever see "Idiocracy"? (oww my balls!)
Gonchi: You mean something like that dev that got so butthurt that too many #GamerGate tweets agreed with her criticism of Kotaku that she deleted it? Or how #GamerGate is fast becoming a catchall deflection to all form of scrutiny and criticism, much like SJW before it? Yeah, it might be interesting if people talked about that.
JDelekto: ever see "Idiocracy"? (oww my balls!)
I hope we don't end up in a "stupid age" but with bits like this it sure looks we could end up in one.
Post edited November 23, 2015 by Rusty_Gunn
"I didn't think there was anybody who liked money as much as I do. We should hang out."
Rusty_Gunn: I hope we don't end up in a "stupid age" but with bits like this it sure looks we could end up in one.
Check your molecular privilege, you death-eater.

Edit: Oh my, maybe she is referring to this, but we don't know how many generation we have to wait for it to come into being.
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/human-photosynthesis-will-people-ever-be-able-to-eat-sunlight
http://newconnexion.net/articles/index.cfm/2004/11/manek.html
Post edited November 23, 2015 by Gnostic
ryannaughton1138: Rusty_Gunn
Because that club house wasn't all inclusive. It's leaders were not kind to outsiders. I know, I've seen people complain about how their favorite game series was "dumb down" for the masses. I've heard vile language on spewed over fps matches on people who considered inferior to the "pros". It's time to move on. Childhood is over. It's time for the core and hardcore games to go through puberty.

RWarehall: Long rant.
ryannaughton1138: There is one big problem with CONSAD paper. The authord admit that they had lack of resources cull from. As they said, “the data for other factors was not available.” They also said that “data bases that contain such information include too few workers, however, to support adequate analysis of factors like occupation and industry” or “do not collect data on individual workers over long enough periods to support adequate analysis of factors like work experience and job tenure.”

You can read more about the issues with study here: http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/04/02/pay-gap-is-alive-and-well-and-hurting-women/

So the study does not disprove the wage gap.
Hahahahahahahahaha just check that words, GAMING IS NOTHING, you people are the ones that didnt grow up, you people are so so so DISSAPOINTED with your lives that you want to make your HOBBY become a POLITICAL ISSUE, just because you cannot STAND that your favorite hobby is just that A HOBBY.

Go to change the world outside my warm home? fight patriarchal religions? stop creationist stupidity in the States? Go Vatican to blame them for ban condoms and help aids spread in Africa? OH NO, pinups in videogames are far more worrying...

How stupid people can be, is beyond my understanding... this post-post-post-modernism is plain too much... I really hope we will never have necessity and wars at home again, because you people are going to have BIG problems, even more than us.
ryannaughton1138: Rusty_Gunn
Because that club house wasn't all inclusive. It's leaders were not kind to outsiders. I know, I've seen people complain about how their favorite game series was "dumb down" for the masses. I've heard vile language on spewed over fps matches on people who considered inferior to the "pros". It's time to move on. Childhood is over. It's time for the core and hardcore games to go through puberty.

There is one big problem with CONSAD paper. The authord admit that they had lack of resources cull from. As they said, “the data for other factors was not available.” They also said that “data bases that contain such information include too few workers, however, to support adequate analysis of factors like occupation and industry” or “do not collect data on individual workers over long enough periods to support adequate analysis of factors like work experience and job tenure.”

You can read more about the issues with study here: http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/04/02/pay-gap-is-alive-and-well-and-hurting-women/

So the study does not disprove the wage gap.
YaTEdiGo: Hahahahahahahahaha just check that words, GAMING IS NOTHING, you people are the ones that didnt grow up, you people are so so so DISSAPOINTED with your lives that you want to make your HOBBY become a POLITICAL ISSUE, just because you cannot STAND that your favorite hobby is just that A HOBBY.

Go to change the world outside my warm home? fight patriarchal religions? stop creationist stupidity in the States? Go Vatican to blame them for ban condoms and help aids spread in Africa? OH NO, pinups in videogames are far more worrying...

How stupid people can be, is beyond my understanding... this post-post-post-modernism is plain too much... I really hope we will never have necessity and wars at home again, because you people are going to have BIG problems, even more than us.
I actually hope the west faces a big struggle, because according to people in countries where there is actual turmoil and hardship this kind of shit is rare there. Even things such as made up genders and trans genders are scarce to non existent. One theory is that since the mind of the people is bussy with real issues they don't have time to make up new issues and since they are bussy surviving their brains stay active, preventing insanity and mental degradation of the collective population. I bet no Jew in Auschwitz was trans, people who lived under the soviet regime never had such things. Yes, there were homosexuals, that seems to be unrelated, but there were no transgender, gender fluid, otherkin, non bynary, and other made up genders because people was too busy surviving to deal with that shit. It is also no coincidence that all this shit is rather postmodern since there wer no such things during the WWI, WWII, and even Cold War periods.
Rusty_Gunn: I hope we don't end up in a "stupid age" but with bits like this it sure looks we could end up in one.
I'd love to see that person argue with a solipsist:

"You're eating death!"
"Nonsense! That chicken can't be proven to have existed in the first place."
YaTEdiGo: Hahahahahahahahaha just check that words, GAMING IS NOTHING, you people are the ones that didnt grow up, you people are so so so DISSAPOINTED with your lives that you want to make your HOBBY become a POLITICAL ISSUE, just because you cannot STAND that your favorite hobby is just that A HOBBY.

LeonardoCornejo: I actually hope the west faces a big struggle, because according to people in countries where there is actual turmoil and hardship this kind of shit is rare there. Even things such as made up genders and trans genders are scarce to non existent. One theory is that since the mind of the people is bussy with real issues they don't have time to make up new issues and since they are bussy surviving their brains stay active, preventing insanity and mental degradation of the collective population. I bet no Jew in Auschwitz was trans, people who lived under the soviet regime never had such things. Yes, there were homosexuals, that seems to be unrelated, but there were no transgender, gender fluid, otherkin, non bynary, and other made up genders because people was too busy surviving to deal with that shit. It is also no coincidence that all this shit is rather postmodern since there wer no such things during the WWI, WWII, and even Cold War periods.
I prefer a world that has place for transexuals, ladyboys, women marrying 6 guys, and guys marrying 6 women, gay marriage, normal marriage and weird people to a world with struggles, wars, or famine in their hands, I really think boredom means happiness, and people has the right to be whatever they want to be, even if they want to be unicorns... the problem is DUMB people, not different people.

The problem is when boredom and normal things, need to be converted in ISSUES, because we been the whole life being CONSUMERS, and we want to claim our right to be PART OF THE HISTORY, and here it comes TWITTER as the most EMPTY place for a revolution, a VIRTUAL one, embracing "amazing difficult causes¨ like feminism on videogames... LOL just checked what happened with Female Link, they asked for a female Link, Nintendo gave to them, they complain again... check MAD MAX, they bring Furiosa, still they complain about it... check it COD Black Ops 3, they bring girls, and they still say BUT YOU CANNOT CONTROL A BLACK PERSON OR AN ASIAN...

Isnt about the RIGHTS, isnt about CHANGE the world, is about EGOS, EGOS IN THE STUPID INTERNET, BORING PEOPLE SIT DOWN IN THEIR HOUSES CHANGING the WOoOOoOOooroOOooroorooROooOooOORLD ... claiming to be THE GENERATION OF CHANGE, because they want to be REMEMBERED, because they are a generation of CONSUMERS, BORING, DOING NOTHING... plain NOTHING...

Instead of embrace this happiness, we make it complicated. OH! GAMES NEED TO BE MATURE!! LOL, this shit didnt even happened to CINEMA... is just a very frustrated generation in terms of political relevance, we are so fucking lazy, that instead of fighting for our losing rights on the street, or try to stop the climatic change not driving our car so much, we take our wonderful Smartphones to support that VIDEOGAMES and INTERNET VIOLENCE need to be controlled, making this a relevant topic in the ONU, a m a z i n g ...

(the pure concept of the internet violence is so OUT of the real world violence that makes me want to puke...)

VERY SAD
Post edited November 23, 2015 by YaTEdiGo
Klumpen0815: Looking at this thread again after a while, I notice that you guys let yourself get baited to talk about anything else than corruption in gaming journalism for a few pages. Don't you notice that it's exactly the point? Attacking and manipulating credibility is the modus operandi of your opponents and @RWarehall: every time you use words like "stupid" or "troll" you sacrifice not only your own credibility but also the one from people that share your opinion, because association is quite important for many people for some reason.
Ryan has already stated, that he is white upper class, just like 99% of the people you'd call "sjw" - btw, this concept of the enemy shouldn't be used anymore, since it leads to guilt by association in the long run.
Notice how he ignored all posts about corruption in the last pages and just attacked your credibility? And he was quite successful from a certain perspective too since he knows the game that is forced upon everyone better than you.
When I was young, the children of white upper class whose subconscious told them, that they have it too easy mostly started working for Greenpeace, went to third world countries to give humanitarian aid, etc... now I see them arguing in the Internet, that others should be less well off without knowing those. They don't see, that the reason why they are so well off although being quite lazy is not what they are, but where they come from.
This class is a completely seperate community of people for which hardship and diversity are completely theoretical and where racism and sexism does exist indeed and since they are raised in a conservative/authoritarian way but want to be modern, fresh and "progressive", they apply what they have learned in matters that would rather need libertarian people with more contact to the hard reality outside of campus and suburbs. Yes, men have it easier in the small upper class while they have it worse anywhere below and people living in either world can't believe the others.
My very big family fled their now non-existent home country when I was still very young and I've experienced life as a refugee and worked my way up from living in a stairway to a tiny self-financed 29m² apartment of my own and am still working to rise further but misandric sexism induced by this upper class (which has the misoginy they claim to see everywhere) was a real problem all the time and without it, it would have been much easier. Fact is, that just like children nobody wants to see women suffer, but many people in high positions don't want to see them have too much responsibility either, maybe because responsibility isn't as mandatory for sheer survival for women as it is for men in the western world. This results in the upper class spreading sexism below where it was barely existent anymore and ignoring where it's actually happening since conservatives/authoritarians don't really want anything to change for themselves.

8<~~~~~~~

Now I can only advise you guys to stop this gender war game, ignore people that are shoving it down your throats from above and get back to other matters, since most of you seem to mean well.

In the end, it's never really about "men vs. women" or "left vs. right" but rather about "above vs. below" and "authoritarian vs. libertarian" indeed and since your average gaming journalist is rather part of the upper class, they know how those manipulation games work, so you'll either have to try to learn the rules without being corrupted yourselves or ignore it.

Anyway, go on if you want.
Fascinating, I'd like to write a lengthy reply to this, if I can find the time.
YaTEdiGo: I prefer a world that has place for transexuals, ladyboys, women marrying 6 guys, and guys marrying 6 women, gay marriage, normal marriage and weird people to a world with struggles, wars, or famine in their hands, I really think boredom means happiness, and people has the right to be whatever they want to be, even if they want to be unicorns... the problem is DUMB people, not different people.

The problem is when boredom and normal things, need to be converted in ISSUES, because we been the whole life being CONSUMERS, and we want to claim our right to be PART OF THE HISTORY, and here it comes TWITTER as the most EMPTY place for a revolution, a VIRTUAL one, embracing "amazing difficult causes¨ like feminism on videogames... LOL just checked what happened with Female Link, they asked for a female Link, Nintendo gave to them, they complain again... check MAD MAX, they bring Furiosa, still they complain about it... check it COD Black Ops 3, they bring girls, and they still say BUT YOU CANNOT CONTROL A BLACK PERSON OR AN ASIAN...

Isnt about the RIGHTS, isnt about CHANGE the world, is about EGOS, EGOS IN THE STUPID INTERNET, BORING PEOPLE SIT DOWN IN THEIR HOUSES CHANGING the WOoOOoOOooroOOooroorooROooOooOORLD ... claiming to be THE GENERATION OF CHANGE, because they want to be REMEMBERED, because they are a generation of CONSUMERS, BORING, DOING NOTHING... plain NOTHING...

Instead of embrace this happiness, we make it complicated. OH! GAMES NEED TO BE MATURE!! LOL, this shit didnt even happened to CINEMA... is just a very frustrated generation in terms of political relevance, we are so fucking lazy, that instead of fighting for our losing rights on the street, or try to stop the climatic change not driving our car so much, we take our wonderful Smartphones to support that VIDEOGAMES and INTERNET VIOLENCE need to be controlled, making this a relevant topic in the ONU, a m a z i n g ...

(the pure concept of the internet violence is so OUT of the real world violence that makes me want to puke...)

VERY SAD
the world you want sounds OK to me as well but the problem IMHO is that at the moment toleration is seen as "not good enough" to some people ie
"oh, you're a lesbian. that's ok" = bad Rusty
"oh, you're a radfem, and you want to fulfill your part for "#killallmen"? Can I be your first?" = good Rusty

exaggeration, I know but it seem we are being pushed to "love" the most vile of people, the ones who can openly hate us for merely existing.