It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vainamoinen: .. a few gamergaters talking about gamergate. I think that happened before, eh? Strange that dissenting opinons are STILL present even though this kind of talk has occurred before.

SPJ airplay will thankfully not be the nazi propaganda trial it was set up to be, because none of the accused would ever go to a propaganda trial.
I'm sorry what? What part about SPJ do you not understand? They're hearing and moderating this : http://spjairplay.com/ If anything; they're a bit against GG.
Again, they wouldn't go to any propaganda not because they don't like propaganda, because obviously they do. The rash stereotyping alone is evidence of that. They're afraid of having a debate in a neutral situation. And if you were fighting with the rep button in this neutral setting; do you think they'll ever accept anything out of their echoey ''safe spaces''? Lest harassment fall upon them in the form of a bird pooping on their freakish hair.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by Shadowstalker16
Much harassmentz : https://twitter.com/Alison_prime/status/623698462681378816
Glad Vain isn't too concerned with this since only GGers can harass.
the fuck happened to page 222

this is starting to have the oily scent of a bot
Post edited July 23, 2015 by dragonbeast
low rated
Shadowstalker16: You'd be surprised how many different stances people in gamergate have towards gamergate.
I know, but you have to admit that the more moderate people who did some good attempts to open a discussion like TB, usually doesn't get as much attention and gets twice the same crap in return. The main issue is that both sides are such a non-substantial gathering of individuals that they become extremely easy to overgeneralize. They're both doing just the same thing, what you just said here :

Shadowstalker16: Not like the hipster faith with its political conformist culture.
Dehumanizing the "enemy" by denying them their individuality, throwing conspiracies around calling each other fascists/nazis/drones/whatever, its so convenient and simple after all.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by Narakir
Narakir: I know, but you have to admit that the more moderate people who did some good attempts to open a discussion like TB, usually doesn't get as much attention and gets twice the same crap in return. The main issue is that both sides are such a non-substantial gathering of individuals that they become extremely easy to overgeneralize. They're both doing just the same thing, what you just said here :

Dehumanizing the "enemy" by denying them their individuality, throwing conspiracies around calling each other fascists/nazis/drones/whatever, its so convenient and simple after all.
Of course. TB and really anyone big on the scene like Jim Sterling will be painted with a broad stroke of either ''with'' or ''against'' by both sides; unless they sacrifice their opinion and just ignore it like Angry Joe. There are legit people who hate or dislike them for other reasons, but the biggest voices against TB are aGG, and Jim kinda made more enemies here in that GGers won't talk bad about him the level aGGs speak of TB but I feel some in the aGG also really hate him AND he has the random trolls always trying to out him as an $JW because they're stunned that he's the only aGG with any ounce of integrity and credibility that they want it gone.

I respect individuality of aGG folks and there are some aGG who fall don't into the class of ''us or them'' misogyny or misandry mindset. However, I've posted what I think a long number of pages back and most of aGG's behavior shows symptoms of group-think. The drive to self-censorship like the lashing of Wu and Cheong, the excessive support of proven wrong theories and the idolizing nature to its supporters like Randi and Anita all shows individuality isn't very respected in the hive. I'm not trying to dehumanize them as much as just claiming they're actually like that.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by Shadowstalker16
Shadowstalker16:
I don't hate Jim. I don't really like him, but I don't hate him. He has (some) legit points and unlike many antis, you can actually say there was an attempt.

(and Anita is the one who said feminism is not about individuality)
Post edited July 23, 2015 by dragonbeast
Narakir: I know, but you have to admit that the more moderate people who did some good attempts to open a discussion like TB, usually doesn't get as much attention and gets twice the same crap in return. The main issue is that both sides are such a non-substantial gathering of individuals that they become extremely easy to overgeneralize. They're both doing just the same thing, what you just said here :

Shadowstalker16: Of course. TB and really anyone big on the scene like Jim Sterling will be painted with a broad stroke of either ''with'' or ''against'' by both sides; unless they sacrifice their opinion and just ignore it like Angry Joe. There are legit people who hate or dislike them for other reasons, but the biggest voices against TB are aGG, and Jim kinda made more enemies here in that GGers won't talk bad about him the level aGGs speak of TB but I feel some in the aGG also really hate him AND he has the random trolls always trying to out him as an $JW because they're stunned that he's the only aGG with any ounce of integrity and credibility that they want it gone.

I respect individuality of aGG folks and there are some aGG who fall don't into the class of ''us or them'' misogyny or misandry mindset. However, I've posted what I think a long number of pages back and most of aGG's behavior shows symptoms of group-think. The drive to self-censorship like the lashing of Wu and Cheong, the excessive support of proven wrong theories and the idolizing nature to its supporters like Randi and Anita all shows individuality isn't very respected in the hive. I'm not trying to dehumanize them as much as just claiming they're actually like that.
Now that you mention Cheong, in the end he left aGG and claimed they are wrong, that for me is enough evidence to know who is right in the argument. I mean, how often do you see prominent or even anonimous proGG people saying proGG is wrong and leaving forever? But it is not that rare to see aGG people attacking each other, abandoning aGG, and claiming aGG is wrong. Atually during the begining of this year I saw many blog posts in which aGG people explained why they could no longer support aGG or SJWs in general. It is not rare to see former feminists realizing they were wrong, sometimes even joining MRAs, but it is rare to see an MRA abandoning or even joining feminists.
One is capable of seing which side is wrong based on the rates of defection and betrayal, as well as the rate at which the opposing side gains followers.
I will tell you something, I used to be neutral until aGG pushed me to the pro side, mostly because I could not side with people who agreede with that corrupt, pathological liar, man hating, pro censorship con artist Anita Sarkeesian.
I guess any aGG poster in this thread should let that sink in, and yes the abuse of the rep system is real. In fact I decided to avoid downvoting posts I slightly disagree with to avoid falling in the same tactics. I will only downvote posts which I strongly disagree with.
Vainamoinen: 8<~~~~~~~~~~~~
lol. That was the shortest rage quit ever!

Here's some sage advice for us all from Ramzpaul. And before the triggering and micro-aggressing and butt-hurting begineth just, once again, let me say one can entertain an opinion without agreeing with everything covered in said opinion. Altho on the other hand, so what?
Post edited July 24, 2015 by noncompliantgame
Vainamoinen: 8<~~~~~~~~~~~~
noncompliantgame: lol. That was the shortest rage quit ever!

Here's some sage advice for us all from Ramzpaul. And before the triggering and micro-aggressing and butt-hurting begineth just, once again, let me say one can entertain an opinion without agreeing with everything covered in said opinion. Altho on the other hand, so what?
Indeed. Contemplation of an opinion without accepting is a virtue; as some guy whose name I can't remember said.

EDIT: Japan being based again : https://archive.is/vXNFc We can firmly conclude the human race will have yet a chance until the Japanese are gone.

EDIT 2 : crack head anti harassment autoblocker hipster is starting to get in trouble. She has harassed many, and is probably the person who is personally responsible for many leaving the webz. Vivek Wadhwa : https://twitter.com/wadhwa/status/624377446784192513 on the topic. Seriously, what kind of turd believes her?

EDIT 3 : THA FUCK ? I'M NOT GONNA STOP PLAYING! THEY CAN SHOVE THEIR WHITE SUPREMACY UP THEIR PATRIARCHY. https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3ecizw/socjus_if_you_play_total_war_games_youre_now_a/
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Shadowstalker16
Makes sense. I mean, I like Arkham City because it legitimizes my vigilantism, and VTM: Bloodlines because it makes me feel less guilty about my rampant cannibalism. They finally cracked the code.
227: Makes sense. I mean, I like Arkham City because it legitimizes my vigilantism, and VTM: Bloodlines because it makes me feel less guilty about my rampant cannibalism. They finally cracked the code.
And I love painkiller because of my rampant racism towards demons
Shadowstalker16: EDIT: Japan being based again : https://archive.is/vXNFc We can firmly conclude the human race will have yet a chance until the Japanese are gone.

EDIT 2 : crack head anti harassment autoblocker hipster is starting to get in trouble. She has harassed many, and is probably the person who is personally responsible for many leaving the webz. Vivek Wadhwa : https://twitter.com/wadhwa/status/624377446784192513 on the topic. Seriously, what kind of turd believes her?

EDIT 3 : THA FUCK ? I'M NOT GONNA STOP PLAYING! THEY CAN SHOVE THEIR WHITE SUPREMACY UP THEIR PATRIARCHY. https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3ecizw/socjus_if_you_play_total_war_games_youre_now_a/
Honestly, what made you so angry about the 3rd case that you start SHOUTing? In the world of academia, the most important thing today is being cited, especially if there is no meaningful contribution in the field; sad, but that's how it goes. The original post says nothing about the reception of her paper, it is quite likely Victoria Cooper was outright ignored by ACTUAL historians at the congress. She possibly try the some thing Anita S. achieved: got a decent living by occupying free niche in public discourse. Reacting on her is playing to her hand.

Your 1st edit is actually more sad reading. Not the actual "controversy" - those professional protesters are predictable - but the Paul Watanabe commentary about 75% of the article:
"Their original idea was done, unfortunately, without a lot of thought and care about what its consequences might be," and his concern about "avoiding the controversy". I got another term for avoiding the controversy: "Appeasement policy".
Or, If we want to avoid the Godwin's Law and keep it close to "feminism topic" ->
"Let's avoid any controversy, so shut up and spread your legs."
History based games are my life man. I get touchy when modern art censorship advocates try to hinder my enjoyment of a game where they claim racism is endorsed when its impossible to be racist within the game. But it'll most likely be ignored by all sane people so I'll relax......
like one of the comments said " [url=https://archive.is/1b4lS]#gamergate [url=https://archive.is/orlFu]the [url=https://archive.is/69jlG]side."

actually social justice is about equality

good thing gg has a sense of humor
Attachments:
Post edited July 24, 2015 by dragonbeast
dragonbeast: And I love painkiller because of my rampant racism towards demons
Also, I guess the success of Mario games in the 80s and 90s reflects a high number of people who were experimenting with mushrooms around that time and trying to justify their drug addiction. How have we been so blind all of this time?

I love Socks' response in the last one. "Totes not scummy." That kind of weirdly lighthearted righteous indignation is why I'm subscribed to her on Youtube.