It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have to vent some steam:

A short while ago I was lying in the bathtub trying to relax. The plughole was closed and warm water was still running in when suddenly the drain started to bubble. Startled I waited until the bubbling stopped and watched at the plughole if dirty water and... other things... would come through the drain but luckily nothing happened. After a while I calmed a little bit and continued to take my bath. After several minutes the drain started to bubble again. Startled again I decided to quit the bath and dry myself up because I was not in the mood to sit in a bathtub full of sewage. Because experience taught me that this could happen...
When I opened the plughole, the water run rather slow out of the tub and the sink in the kitchen started to bubble. Experience also taught me that when the water doesn't impound up to the tub ... or the toilet - yes, this also happened a few times in the last 10-15 years - the sink in the basement would most likely overflow. So I took a look. Again luckily this isn't case except that it was dirty with stuff from the drain.
The whole time while I was lying in the bathtub I could hear our neighbours above us busying them self with something in the bathroom.
Since our two neighbours above us moved in more than a decade ago shit like happened several fucking times. Before that: never, at least as far as I can remember and I live in this flat since my birth.
Coincidence? Or just a bunch of stupid, fucked up asshole-neighbours who throw things in the drain THAT AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THROWN IN THERE!

edit:
It seems that gog.com suppresses capslock only lines which are spiced up with some curse words...
Post edited January 21, 2016 by viperfdl
Continue of the story that I started above:

The tube cleaner just left a short while ago. Again - thanks to our "lovely" neighbours - kitchen and bathroom are a mess because the cleaner had to work there. Again, we do have to clean both areas because one or both of our "cherished" neighbours above us messed up the drain. Thank you for that!
At the moment I'm really in the mood to seal our part of the drain and throw a firecracker in the tube so that our "beloved" neighbours can also have some fun with cleaning.

Fucking assholes that should be forbidden by law to reproduce...
Am I the only one who is getting sick and tired of these double standards where a woman commits crime but is just given a slap on the wrist for it.

But if a man were to do it, he would be locked in jail and thrown away the key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvq07KBfhnQ

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3411132/Miami-woman-30-filmed-attacking-Uber-driver-throwing-man-s-belongings-street-DOCTOR-faces-fired.html

Throw this twat in jail you idiots.

When I was in medical school, I had a hard time getting a medical license because of a parking ticket, thats right a parking ticket. I had to go out of my way to explain that I never saw the no parking sign there.

This female gets to keep her medical license even after acting like a wild animal.
doctorsinister: Am I the only one who is getting sick and tired of these double standards where a woman commits crime but is just given a slap on the wrist for it.

But if a man were to do it, he would be locked in jail and thrown away the key.
I bet that if the woman were black, she would have been punished more severely. I'm not saying it's right (it isn't); I'm just pointing out that that is the way things work in our society.

There's actually the phrase "driving while black", referring to the frequency with which drivers are pulled over simply for being black and then charged for a trivial offense.

There are also many cases of black trans women being arrested for what has been termed "walking while trans", or in at least one case, defending herself from assault. If it were a white cis woman, that likely wouldn't have happened.

This could likely be extrapolated to any minority: In Muslim majority nations, does this happen to non-Muslims, or to Muslims who are in the "wrong" sect?

So, yes, there are double standards, and it becomes especially bad when a person is part of multiple minorities. (Feminists have coined the term "intersectionality" to refer to this sort of thing.)
Damn machine installation project I'm on... starting to piss me off. Customer isn't ready, the machine supplier didn't ship everything they were supposed to, and the documentation isn't complete. Me and the OEM tech have run out of things we can work on, and we're stuck here all weekend doing nothing instead of working on this project. Sent some emails to get some answers; hopefully we'll get a response Monday morning. If they can't come up with the missing equipment and other materials then we may as well go home - and that won't go over very well. Got better things to do other than sit around waiting for other people to get their shit together.
Ah, the sweet suffering. :stretches: :star jumps:
Well I just lost a friend today, It was a difference of Opinions that's all Yeah I sad and depressed about it but hey shit happens he just dropped it on me today! well this sucks!
I live in the Inferno, the streets are on fire, the sun so bright it burns your flesh off your bones. I'm pretty sure a few people have actually stopped moving and turned to ashe.

A nice pleasant 700 degree nuclear explosion to warm you up. Maybe I'll cook some marshmellows in the F'ing radiation.
bad_fur_day1: I live in the Inferno, the streets are on fire, the sun so bright it burns your flesh off your bones. I'm pretty sure a few people have actually stopped moving and turned to ashe.

A nice pleasant 700 degree nuclear explosion to warm you up. Maybe I'll cook some marshmellows in the F'ing radiation.
Australia's WORSE the sun Liquefies your Bones AND THAT INDOORS! everything indoors is infinity Degrees Celsius and the sun Is Like a MEGA NOVA over here!
<seven-year old kid's voice>

I'm siiiiick

<back to whiny adult>

Not good timing. Two days ago would have been fine but there's a 9 1/2 hour drive tomorrow, which will probably be more like 12 hours with the snow storm rolling through starting Tuesday AM.
Shitty day today:

Went to bed way too late last night and woke up around noon and have been super tired today and haven't done a damn thing other than to eat junk food, read reddit, watch Youtube and do fuckall. It's a day you can just remove from the calendar because it's been entirely wasted on jack shit. I didn't even play any games.

Fuck, gotta do better tomorrow.
Still sick, which made the slog through the blizzard less-than-enjoyable. On the plus side, I had I-90 practically all to myself.
HereForTheBeer: Still sick, which made the slog through the blizzard less-than-enjoyable. On the plus side, I had I-90 practically all to myself.
I told you that your lifestyle was going to have a hilarious ending. Your illness is but a symptom of the disease. And it only gets funnier from here on out.

You should have taken more time away from work. Time is money, and you're dead broke, pal.
jepsen1977: Shitty day today:

Went to bed way too late last night and woke up around noon and have been super tired today and haven't done a damn thing other than to eat junk food, read reddit, watch Youtube and do fuckall. It's a day you can just remove from the calendar because it's been entirely wasted on jack shit. I didn't even play any games.

Fuck, gotta do better tomorrow.
Hell Sounds Like my day EVERYDAY I am Sick and Fucking tired of being Bitched at all Day and Halfway into the fucking NIGHT EVERY NIGHT

I Live in a Broken Body Intestine cramps, Hip Cramps from my Shattered right hip, Cramps in my shoulder which hangs out my Shattered Right shoulder socket, IBS feels like my intestines are BEING PUMPED UP ALL DAY

Hey Kids Enjoy your perfect Little bodies now because someone somewhere in the near future is going to rip yours to shreds for Shits and Giggles

Passing Out FROM PAIN OH YAHWEH I NEED A NEW BODY!

somedays I feel Like Like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hNLl7_W0ds from the pain
Post edited February 03, 2016 by fr33kSh0w2012
HereForTheBeer: Still sick, which made the slog through the blizzard less-than-enjoyable. On the plus side, I had I-90 practically all to myself.
Emob78: I told you that your lifestyle was going to have a hilarious ending. Your illness is but a symptom of the disease. And it only gets funnier from here on out.

You should have taken more time away from work. Time is money, and you're dead broke, pal.
Haha - you may be right. But now I'm sitting at the hotel with a free day. Using it to rest and hope that this sinus infection or whatever it is runs its course. And hey - driving yesterday got me out of shoveling the driveway and sidewalk last night. Unfortunately, it fell on her and she's also under the weather. And taking today off, too.

Sadly, I love this work: the Hero Complex is hard to get past. To stretch things a little, it's like the job equivalent of an RPG: travel to a far away place, customer gives you a quest to solve their problems, you slay the beasts that invaded their machine, and they shower you with praise and gifts (pay the invoice). Return home the victorious hero, regale the wife with stories of the glorious deed, repair the armor and weapons (restock the inventory and buy tools), and mount the trusty steed (Subaru Forester) to journey forth for the next quest.