It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soccorro: waiting in line at the employment agency. i have the german equivalent to two years of junior college and have to be here.very motivating.
clisair: Not just where you are, it is like that in the States as well.
In the states, there are people with PhD's waiting in employment agency lines so they can get temporary shit jobs. Fucked up times, we live in. :(
Post edited December 19, 2014 by monkeydelarge
clisair: Not just where you are, it is like that in the States as well.
monkeydelarge: In the states, there are people with PhD's waiting in employment agency lines so they can get temporary shit jobs. Fucked up times, we live in. :(
I know what you mean. I worked for 30 years as a commercial artist and now can't get a job because of the excuse that I don't have a degree. 30 years of experience doesn't mean squat these days.
I'm seasick and my nerves are shot. My mom's a bad driver.
I suck at wrapping presents.
The love of my life, Gizmo is at the emergency vets. =( Its all my fault. I should have never put any decorations on the tree. I knew better. He bit into a bubble light last night and swallowed glass and the fluid inside it. He was finally able to throw up the piece of glass at 10am this morning but his fever is 106.1 and he is having issues with his nose / upper respiratory system.

Lighter note: I just called and they told me his fever is down to 105.2 and his one blood panel came back good. Now we wait to see if the antibiotics and fluids can bring his fever down more. =( I miss my monster.
Sage103082: The love of my life, Gizmo is at the emergency vets. =( Its all my fault. I should have never put any decorations on the tree. I knew better. He bit into a bubble light last night and swallowed glass and the fluid inside it. He was finally able to throw up the piece of glass at 10am this morning but his fever is 106.1 and he is having issues with his nose / upper respiratory system.

Lighter note: I just called and they told me his fever is down to 105.2 and his one blood panel came back good. Now we wait to see if the antibiotics and fluids can bring his fever down more. =( I miss my monster.
I take it Gizmo is a cat? Fingers crossed for the little guy. Sucks when pets get sick. Hairy, four legged family members, they are. Hope he pulls through.

BSOD. That's not as bad as a sick pet, but that's my bitch for the moment. My once-monster PC is on its last legs... hard drive errors galore. Getting bad sector crashes like a mother trucker. I'm currently making this post with the computer duck taped together and not a few hail merrys being thrown. Sometimes I hate computers.
Sage103082: The love of my life, Gizmo is at the emergency vets. =( Its all my fault. I should have never put any decorations on the tree. I knew better. He bit into a bubble light last night and swallowed glass and the fluid inside it. He was finally able to throw up the piece of glass at 10am this morning but his fever is 106.1 and he is having issues with his nose / upper respiratory system.

Oh, no! I hope everything goes well.
Emob78: snip
misteryo: snip
Thank you <3

Since I can not attach a pic anymore (Love you GOG) here is a link http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Sage103082/library/GizmoVet

Yep Gizmo is my Kitten. I found him at 3 weeks old and he has been a huge part of my life as he came into my life when I needed him the most. Right now its a waiting game. No news is good news but quiet makes the minutes tick by at a ungodly slow pace. =(
Sage103082: ...
You shouldn't blame yourself for what happened, it's easier said than done, but it really wasn't your fault, these things happen, especially with inquisitive little kittens. I know that you love him so much and would never do anything to hurt him, it was just an unfortunate accident, and you have done everything you can to help him. So please don't blame yourself. I'm sure the antibiotics and fluids will help and he will soon be home and wanting a big hug from his mummy.

Really really sorry to hear he's not doing any better, I was hoping that after he threw up he would start to get better.

Please don't beat yourself up over what is really nth more than an accident, a difficult one, but an accident nonetheless. I'm sure that Gizmo's not blaming you, nor would he want you to blame yourself. Just keep doing what you're already doing - be there for him and offer him the best treatment he can get. I'm confident that he'll come out a winner, and you'll both put this unfortunate incident behind you pretty soon.

I'm glad you managed to get him to the vet, especially given the time of year. You've done what you can Sage. Try not to be to hard on yourself <3 I'll be about for a chat when and if you are able.
Thank you everyone! <3 The support and kind words have kept me sane and are very comforting to me, more than you guys will ever know.

I just got some good news when I called for a update. His temp is in 103.x range and he is talking!!!! He is meowing and chirping his heart out and he is very interested in what they are doing and he is coming up to the front of the cage for attention. He has not eaten anything but I have faith he will with time and more meds.

I will write more in a bit as I can not see through my tears. <3
Right now, I'm really resisting starting a big scene at my house. We live with a lot of people: My husband and I, my father-in-law, a close friend who's practically a brother, my sister-in-law, and a roommate.

The roommate who, after spending nearly an hour banging pans and silverware around in the kitchen, and running a huge amount of water (all of which is clearly audible even though it's across the house, because the walls are thin), decided it was her position to lecture me about not keeping the kitchen clean. Her attitude was clearly the self-righteous, put-upon, I-do-it-all-and-no-one-appreciates-me; mind you, this woman is home about two nights out of seven, we don't know where she stays, and she doesn't actually socialize with any of us, except for my father-in-law, although from what I've seen, that's mostly to ask him to do things for her - he drives her to work and picks her up, because she doesn't have a car.

Normally I can deal well enough, even though she has no concept of "indoor voice" or "not being f***ing loud," but this? Just about put me over the edge. We have an attached garage with a rat that we can't seem to get rid of, and I got lectured because "we have rats and no one keeps things clean" and "I try to keep the kitchen clean, but no one else seems to care."

ARGH.

My father-in-law witnessed it, but does not do confrontation well at all. Neither do I, although I did tell the woman that yes, everyone knows about the rat, and yes, we all try to keep things clean, and if things weren't being done to her satisfaction, it would be much more constructive to tell us what she wants to see done instead of bitching that she's the only one who does anything. Her answer? "I don't know who's doing it." Which apparently means that she's just going to bitch at everyone (except my father-in-law!) about how we don't do anything around the house. The one that she's barely ever home in. The one that we all clean. >.<

ARGH TIMES A DOZEN.
Post edited December 28, 2014 by penumbren
I am so scared right now. Gizmo just threw up worms... Im not sure how long he has had them or if he just picked them up being in the emergency vets or the regular vets yesterday. But one was the size of my middle finger and the other the size of my pinkie but only skinny like string. I dunno what to do. The vet doesn't open until 10am and Ill be calling on the dot to get him in. =(
penumbren: Right now, I'm really resisting starting a big scene at my house. We live with a lot of people: My husband and I, my father-in-law, a close friend who's practically a brother, my sister-in-law, and a roommate.

The roommate who, after spending nearly an hour banging pans and silverware around in the kitchen, and running a huge amount of water (all of which is clearly audible even though it's across the house, because the walls are thin), decided it was her position to lecture me about not keeping the kitchen clean. Her attitude was clearly the self-righteous, put-upon, I-do-it-all-and-no-one-appreciates-me; mind you, this woman is home about two nights out of seven, we don't know where she stays, and she doesn't actually socialize with any of us, except for my father-in-law, although from what I've seen, that's mostly to ask him to do things for her - he drives her to work and picks her up, because she doesn't have a car.

Normally I can deal well enough, even though she has no concept of "indoor voice" or "not being f***ing loud," but this? Just about put me over the edge. We have an attached garage with a rat that we can't seem to get rid of, and I got lectured because "we have rats and no one keeps things clean" and "I try to keep the kitchen clean, but no one else seems to care."

ARGH.

My father-in-law witnessed it, but does not do confrontation well at all. Neither do I, although I did tell the woman that yes, everyone knows about the rat, and yes, we all try to keep things clean, and if things weren't being done to her satisfaction, it would be much more constructive to tell us what she wants to see done instead of bitching that she's the only one who does anything. Her answer? "I don't know who's doing it." Which apparently means that she's just going to bitch at everyone (except my father-in-law!) about how we don't do anything around the house. The one that she's barely ever home in. The one that we all clean. >.<

ARGH TIMES A DOZEN.
Not trying to be a smartarse,just to cheer you up.

Tell her and the Rat to pack and leave,and they can form a RATPACK....
Post edited December 28, 2014 by gunsynd