It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: I have been feeling kinda decent over the last 2 weeks. I was getting really excited. I thought I might be taking a turn for the better.

But today, I just feel horrible. I barely had the energy to get out of bed, and once I did, I went right back. I've been extremely anxious and depressed all day. I have literally spent about 10 of the last 12 hours staring at my desktop, the walls and the ceiling. Another hour of pacing around like a maniac.
I don't understand why. I was alright yesterday. I don't think I did anything that could have changed my mood.

So now I'm super pissed off, and I'm worried that my hot streak is over, and I'm back to just being a sad unmovable blob.

Hopefully it is just a fluke. I'm really hoping I can get some energy back tomorrow, but it is hard to stay positive.
You need a hobby that requires movement and exertion. You've got too much built up energy and it's finding a hard avenue of release... thus the anxiety. Exhaustion defeats anxiety every time, plus you'll get the bonus of being in better shape.

Not saying give up video games... not at all. Just find some balance with physical hobbies. Hiking, biking, skateboarding, surfing, weightlifting, soccer, whatever. Just get up and move. Muscle memory. The body will remember.
Soccorro: I think my Aunt fails to understand, that i'm not 5 years old anymore...
saith32: Dude! I am 22 but I want that Fing sucker! Dibs!
Im 33 and thought the same thing!
I was looking at a trail map for a local state park, intending to take my kids today. Next to the map is a caution:

Be aware of hunting seasons, and wear blaze orange when appropriate.

I was surprised, as this wasn't a consideration in any of the parks I frequented as a kid. Anyway, I called the equivalent of the parks department to ask, and they told me that today was the first day of shotgun season (for deer), and if I "had to be out in the woods today" I should blaze orange. She also said that most state parks don't allow hunting, and implied it should be easy to locate an alternative. Turns out every large park (and many of the small ones) in my area allow hunting.

So we went to the zoo.

I don't have a serious objection to hunting, but it does make hiking with my family an uneasy experience.
A metric ton of essays to write. Two deadlines, too. Spirits high, though, so maybe I'll do alright.
**If you don't want to see over-dramatic and childish whining, skip this post.

Inappropriately bad depression. It took me 6 hours to get out of bed today (peed in a jar - a new low for me.)
Once I finally did get up, I had out of control anxiety. Took my medication and went right back to bed, but my meds didn't work. Took an extra dose, still nothing.
I'm out of bed now, but I can't stop panicking and pacing around like a fucking mook.

I've got this weird feeling that this is not real life, because I feel like it is impossible to feel this bad. This is like fucking 2007 shit all over again.

I don't get it. I was doing pretty good just 3 days ago. Nothing has changed to make me feel this way.
AgentBirdnest: **If you don't want to see over-dramatic and childish whining, skip this post.

Inappropriately bad depression. It took me 6 hours to get out of bed today (peed in a jar - a new low for me.)
Once I finally did get up, I had out of control anxiety. Took my medication and went right back to bed, but my meds didn't work. Took an extra dose, still nothing.
I'm out of bed now, but I can't stop panicking and pacing around like a fucking mook.

I've got this weird feeling that this is not real life, because I feel like it is impossible to feel this bad. This is like fucking 2007 shit all over again.

I don't get it. I was doing pretty good just 3 days ago. Nothing has changed to make me feel this way.
I hope you get to feeling better.
I'm 40 today . :(
AgentBirdnest: **If you don't want to see over-dramatic and childish whining, skip this post.

I'm sorry. Depression sucks, I know. Is it because of the change in seasons? I know that tends to set me off.
Wasteland 2 for 33% off, awesome, I'll go buy the digital deluxe edition upgrade.... wtf, its not on sale!!

Way to screw over kickstarter backers and those of us that only have the basic edition! (ps. the basic edition was such a scam by the dev! I feel cheated!)
Crewdroog: I'm sorry. Depression sucks, I know. Is it because of the change in seasons? I know that tends to set me off.
I don't think so. I try to keep track of my moods, and to me, my depressive phases seem totally arbitrary (unless there is some major trigger like moving to a new city.)
I just started coming out of a big 5 month long depression. I was feeling pretty good for about a month, then on Sunday, I seemed to just slip right back into it.
[edited due to complications from obsessive-compulsive disorder. move along.]
Post edited December 05, 2014 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: [edited due to complications from obsessive-compulsive disorder. move along.]
OK, I'll do, but you got to give me a little direction, how about we meet in that other thread? ;-)

Crewdroog: I'm sorry. Depression sucks, I know. Is it because of the change in seasons? I know that tends to set me off.
No. Your Depression is causing the change in seasons. If you don't want grey skies and snow... then put a smile on that face.

After all, why so serious?
Yesterday had been a piss poor day, for me, for sure. I begun by waking up in the morning startled, after having dreamt the death of someone my family knew in the past.

Day passed by boring as hell, with a heavy downpour making everything look like melted sit all around.

I couldn't get my usual satuday night out, because the rain, the mud and the goddamned moisture, made this place (the entire city actually) a real dump.

Later in the evening, my uncle, aunt and 2 nephews (their grandchildren) visited. I had to entertain my elementary school aged nephews with pc games and movies THEY liked, instead of being outside with buddies and/or trying to find an interesting new affair.

And the cherry on top... My uncle is a real faggot who always tells profane and boorish jokes, but this evening, made a shitty comment (joke) and even laughed like an idiot, for my recently deceased grandmother, whose second daughter's husband he is. I resisted the greatest urge in my life to hit is vitals with all my might, mostly because feeling sorry for the poor children present. Sometimes, i wonder if people are evil bastards not deep down a heart, but without a heart even, actually. Until i ultimately remembered the famous "quote on stupidity", "Don't mistake villainy with stupidity, the latter is more common", so i let him walk by unharmed and laughing like the shithead that he is, and has forever since i can remember him, be...

Today, right after midnight, i find out i have been banned from yet another forum, local one, but still... It was a forum discussing certain "products", and everything on them, like price, consumer's opinions and detailed critiques, locations, availability, that sort of thing. I had quite the negative experience with some of this merchandise, especially as of late with recent purchases, most frequently occuring in and involving those bought from internet ads, and i simply opened threads to warn others about the faulty products and services involved, the ones i personally tested. Not only they insulted me, called me a liar and many other names, after i wasted good money on faulty products/services, while i had everyone's best interests in mind and honestly wanted to protect them from being disappointed by getting the same thing, but they deleted my thread, insulted me even more, and finally the administrators locked my account, even without me having violated ANY of the site rules (and i made sure to check thrice, after finding out about the ban). Others with more harsh critiques, tones and entries in general, have never even received such a thing as a simple warning.

I now know for sure, nothing good awaits me for the rest of this day, too...
Post edited December 07, 2014 by KiNgBrAdLeY7

Sorry to hear that. You should check out the book, The Depression Cure by Stephen S. Ilardi.