It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: I hope you father will be okay and will recover quickly. It must be comforting for him to know he has his family around him to help keep an eye on him and be there for him. I wish him and you all the best, and I hope he will soon be back home with you and your family.
To be honest he's not really getting better. They couldn't do an MRI because he couldn't lie flat on the bed due to his back causing chest pain, so they're going to do an angioplasty to check for internal bleeding and other potential injuries...tomorrow. He's heavily drugged on painkillers, which he hates (he doesn't like not being in control of himself, quite the teetotaler even as a young man) and wanted to just be by himself today. We plan to visit tomorrow after the angioplasty, but this whole situation just seems to keep getting worse.

Thank you, and Sage ,for being thoughtful enough to ask about things and to express concern.
high rated
Ragnarblackmane: To be honest he's not really getting better. They couldn't do an MRI because he couldn't lie flat on the bed due to his back causing chest pain, so they're going to do an angioplasty to check for internal bleeding and other potential injuries...tomorrow. He's heavily drugged on painkillers, which he hates (he doesn't like not being in control of himself, quite the teetotaler even as a young man) and wanted to just be by himself today. We plan to visit tomorrow after the angioplasty, but this whole situation just seems to keep getting worse.

Thank you, and Sage ,for being thoughtful enough to ask about things and to express concern.
Sometimes, what we would like, isn't always in the best interest of those who are experiencing it.

If we could put things back to where they were, of course we would, but that would take miraculous intervention.

As terrible as it is, just wish/pray for what is best for them.

Best of luck.
Ragnarblackmane: ...
I'm sorry to hear that he is not doing any better. It's unfortunate about not being able to have an MRI, do they know which arteries are likely to be checked? I know when my mother had a Angioplasty it was due to the doctors thinking she had an obstructed artery near her heart. They originally thought she would need a stent, but the balloon inflation seemed to have done the trick.

I know how your father feels about being heavily drugged, I hated it when I was in hospital. Apparently I kept pulling out my cannulas while I was unconscious, which annoyed the nurses.

I hope when you visit him today that he is feeling better. These things can be so hard on him, and on you and the rest of your family. I hope he will start to recover, or that at least the doctors will have found what is wrong so they can try to help. You can always PM me if you need to talk.
I have been bidding for an product on ebay... forgot about it and bid for the same product AGAIN sold by another User... If i get both, i'll have to pay 700+ euros...OMG OMG OMG! one more day to go for both... I am an idiot...
Soccorro: I have been bidding for an product on ebay... forgot about it and bid for the same product AGAIN sold by another User... If i get both, i'll have to pay 700+ euros...OMG OMG OMG! one more day to go for both... I am an idiot...
According to this you can withdraw a bid. Just tell them that you made a mistake.
ddickinson: I'm sorry to hear that he is not doing any better. It's unfortunate about not being able to have an MRI, do they know which arteries are likely to be checked? I know when my mother had a Angioplasty it was due to the doctors thinking she had an obstructed artery near her heart. They originally thought she would need a stent, but the balloon inflation seemed to have done the trick.

I know how your father feels about being heavily drugged, I hated it when I was in hospital. Apparently I kept pulling out my cannulas while I was unconscious, which annoyed the nurses.

I hope when you visit him today that he is feeling better. These things can be so hard on him, and on you and the rest of your family. I hope he will start to recover, or that at least the doctors will have found what is wrong so they can try to help. You can always PM me if you need to talk.
Mom, sister and I spent all day at the hospital, and after 2 more tests all they've determined is what's not wrong. They couldn't do the angioplasty due to pain and they did something called an endoscopy because they thought he might be aenemic since his hemoglobin is absurdly low. At this point nothing is really known, he could have blood cancer or it could be something much more mundane and not life-threatening but at this point nothing is certain.
Soccorro: I have been bidding for an product on ebay... forgot about it and bid for the same product AGAIN sold by another User... If i get both, i'll have to pay 700+ euros...OMG OMG OMG! one more day to go for both... I am an idiot...
viperfdl: According to this you can withdraw a bid. Just tell them that you made a mistake.
Phew, it's ok... Some idio...saint, just bid more than me! Yippie! :D
Ragnarblackmane: Mom, sister and I spent all day at the hospital, and after 2 more tests all they've determined is what's not wrong. They couldn't do the angioplasty due to pain and they did something called an endoscopy because they thought he might be aenemic since his hemoglobin is absurdly low. At this point nothing is really known, he could have blood cancer or it could be something much more mundane and not life-threatening but at this point nothing is certain.
Fingers crossed. I sure hope it's nothing too serious.
Ragnarblackmane: Mom, sister and I spent all day at the hospital, and after 2 more tests all they've determined is what's not wrong. They couldn't do the angioplasty due to pain and they did something called an endoscopy because they thought he might be aenemic since his hemoglobin is absurdly low. At this point nothing is really known, he could have blood cancer or it could be something much more mundane and not life-threatening but at this point nothing is certain.
As someone whose father died after two weeks in hospital, I know how you feel. Sorry, that's all wanted to say because I don't feel comfort expressing my emotions.
viperfdl: ...
‘tis a very human thing, our having emotions,
and to feel uncomfortable expressing our emotions.

What odd creatures, we humans are...
Are they not able to sedate you dad in order to do an angioplasty? Or is this not viable, especially if they were not sure which artery to check? Did the Endoscope find anything? Do they do CBC blood checks in the US? If I remember correctly, this is what doctors commonly do to check a patients overall health and to detect a wide range of ailments, including certain types of blood cancer.

I hope things will improve over the weekend, or that they will at least be able to diagnose what is causing his blood sugar levels to rise. At least he has his family with him, which must be comforting for him and you, knowing your family are there to support each other as well as your dad.
ddickinson: I'm sorry to hear that he is not doing any better. It's unfortunate about not being able to have an MRI, do they know which arteries are likely to be checked? I know when my mother had a Angioplasty it was due to the doctors thinking she had an obstructed artery near her heart. They originally thought she would need a stent, but the balloon inflation seemed to have done the trick.

I'm so sorry to read that. I'm hoping for the best outcome possible.
ddickinson: Are they not able to sedate you dad in order to do an angioplasty? Or is this not viable, especially if they were not sure which artery to check? Did the Endoscope find anything? Do they do CBC blood checks in the US? If I remember correctly, this is what doctors commonly do to check a patients overall health and to detect a wide range of ailments, including certain types of blood cancer.

I hope things will improve over the weekend, or that they will at least be able to diagnose what is causing his blood sugar levels to rise. At least he has his family with him, which must be comforting for him and you, knowing your family are there to support each other as well as your dad.
just spent another day at the hospital with my mom and there's very little that's changed; in fact this morning he called and told her that the doctor was going to discharge him even though he's in the same position he was when they brought him in. After two nurses and a physical therapist spoke with my dad they managed to get through to the doc that there was no way in the nine hells my father was well enough to be discharged. Today they were just trying different painkillers since his back and chest pain hasn't subsided. No x-rays have been done since he was first brought in and my worry is that the chest pain is caused by a cracked rib that they didn't' see before since they didn't x-ray that part of his body. My mom had been an x-ray technician and she said that such a thing was possible. All we can do is sit and wait.

Edit:Apparently they cannot sedate him for that because they wouldn't be able to get a proper reading. However, the endoscopy did come back negative, even if it's not as thorough. His heart's in decent shape for a man his age, we were told.

The main worry is that he hasn't been able to do more than sit up in his bed without agonizing pain. Twice while we were there the physical therapist tried to move him to out of the bed and he just cannot do that, yet the doctor who has barely spent any time with him except for cursory visits once a day denied a request for a hospital bed. I'd like to meet this doctor and give him or her a piece of my mind. And possibly my boot up their ass.
My family has a proud tradition of many nurses, but no doctors. I've met many more nice, friendly nurses than I have doctors, who all seem brusque and busy and generally as if they have better things to be doing. I'm sure that's not true for all of them, just apparently most of the ones I've met.
Post edited January 04, 2015 by Ragnarblackmane
Ragnarblackmane: ...
I'm sorry to hear that, but I am glad there is nothing wrong with his heart, as you know, that was what my father was just in hospital with. Did they say why they have not done an x-ray yet? I'm not sure how things work in the US, but can you not ask for another doctor, one that will have your fathers best interests at heart?
So success in life is now measured by material wealth and influence?

Damn it! All my life my mother has been comparing me to other people specially those that are now rich and have material wealth.

What I don't understand is I'm Catholic and we're supposed to live a modest life, not that rich, not that poor.

However, being raised in a purely Catholic family it seems is no longer the same like the old days.

She breaks my heart every time she does this and this is the reason why I don't go home for the holidays that often.

I have confidence issues and this really brings me to the point of finishing everything, if you know what I mean.