It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

monkeydelarge: We should all visualize the East Coat being covered in snow and ice.
Cyberevil: Like that old Twilight Zone episode! where the guy(or was it girl) was dreaming that the earth was moving away from the sun
"The Midnight Sun"
She was dreaming that it was moving toward the sun and when she woke up she found out it was actually moving away from the sun.
I haven't posted here before, but here's a slight First-World problem I have and felt like bitching about:

I bought on the 17th in a whim the Commandos+Desperados Bundle (costing $6.36). But as I looked the boxes on my shelf, the more I regretted for this impulse of mine(especially considering the fact I own the Commandos Collection on HB, and the fact that Desperados 2 seems to be a bad game,according to the GOG reviews) and wished I had instead bought only Desperados (no matter the discount was "only" 60%). I thus decided to send a message to support yesterday, initially wanting to ask for a refund. I searched, but couldn't find a way to specify I wanted a refund, and ended up checking the field change order to gift. I wrote my query and, although I tried to show I prefered a refund, I said I wasn't miffed by getting to change it to a gift order.
Actually, here's pretty much what I wrote:

[i]GOG Support
My orders, payments and downloading games
order change(from regular to gift order)
Subject:Order change(or refund) regarding Commandos+Desperados Bundle

On the 17/6, I purchased the full package of Commandos+Desperados Bundle for $6.36.However, I changed my mind regarding this purchase of mine-in particular, I decided I wanted only Desperados(the first one,as the second is rumored to be a bad game). Initially, I thought I'd request for a refund-especially as I haven't downloaded any of the games-problem is I couldn't find the way to mark my problem as being "I changed my mind and haven't downloaded anything, can I get a refund?". I thus ask to get my purchase changed from a regular to a gift one.However,if you're able to, I'd highly appreciate it if I could get a refund instead-I just sent it by this category as I couldn't find the way to mark it as a refund request and chose the closest thing possible.I'll be fine if I get the purchase changed to a gift code,per the subject and problem type chosen, but I'd rather prefer to get a refund instead. Thank you for your consideration.
P.S.The attachment is a screenshot from the purchase receipt email,
in case you need the information contained there.

attachment commandos+desperados.jpg
[/i]

I probably did something wrong, or GOG Support didn't get the pun (or they found it easier to give a gift code than a refund) but anyways I can't really complain as in less than 3 hours later the games had been removed from my collection and I received an email from support containing a gift code for the aforementioned games. Since then I'm trying to trade it for something else I want more(here), but I don't have much hope as, regarding that particular series of games, there seems to be more supply than demand-plus, it's my first time trading (I didn't exactly predict I would try to trade, as I hoped I'd get a refund) and I'm asking in addition for Zafehouse Diaries-which doesn't exactly seem to be in supply.

Tl;dr: I'm bummed that I'm now stuck with a gift code nobody seems to be wanting to trade for and I don't feel like losing my money right now (especially as I'm close to my-rather generous- self-imposed $100/month spending maximum regarding digital game purchases-those sales sure lured me a lot! :-/ )
You say that you'll exercise because you need to but you don't. Happens multiple times and at least once a week.

Then you carry some heavy box/appliance home because you're either too cheap to take a cab, unwilling to cave in like a pansy and take a cab or the two. The confirmation of how out of shape your are by carrying something home hits home and now you're determined to make an effort, so as to avoid that horrible throwing up feeling after real heavy activity.

Object in question: A microwave. Heaven forbid I went for one larger than the second smallest.
l0rdtr3k: I have a history with suicide. I tried several time to kill myself but never got the courage to just end my life.
This started because I was bullied in high school not just from the students but from the teachers. I was ignored,made fun off,abused mentaly and fisically and just turned into the scapegoat.
Because of that I now have social anxiety and can't talk to people face to face, I stutter and start sweating from my hands and forehead and I don't have many friends or a girlfriend. And because I've been so alone I started to view myself as a burden and tried and failed to end this, until I found GOG. Here I think that I belong and I came here to say thanks to all of you to make me feel like I'm part of something big.
I can sympathise. I, too, have a history. Turns out you can take too many pills, your body recognises it as being toxic and then you spend the next day throwing up everything you ate, drank or even contemplated eating. ;)
I'm currently in the throes of my fourth serious depression since my first when I was 12, and in fact have just gotten out of hospital because of it. GOG has also been a life-saver to me because instead of lying in bed and staring at the walls and ceiling and thinking whether I can find the energy and courage to stay alive one more day, I log onto GOG and spend my time reading about games and more importantly, reaffirming that there are nice people in the world and maybe it isn't such a bad place to exist in.
So, thank you.
Post edited June 21, 2014 by Getcomposted
l0rdtr3k: I have a history with suicide. I tried several time to kill myself but never got the courage to just end my life.
This started because I was bullied in high school not just from the students but from the teachers. I was ignored,made fun off,abused mentaly and fisically and just turned into the scapegoat.
Because of that I now have social anxiety and can't talk to people face to face, I stutter and start sweating from my hands and forehead and I don't have many friends or a girlfriend. And because I've been so alone I started to view myself as a burden and tried and failed to end this, until I found GOG. Here I think that I belong and I came here to say thanks to all of you to make me feel like I'm part of something big.
Getcomposted: I can sympathise. I, too, have a history. Turns out you can take too many pills, your body recognises it as being toxic and then you spend the next day throwing up everything you ate, drank or even contemplated eating. ;)
I'm currently in the throes of my fourth serious depression since my first when I was 12, and in fact have just gotten out of hospital because of it. GOG has also been a life-saver to me because instead of lying in bed and staring at the walls and ceiling and thinking whether I can find the energy and courage to stay alive one more day, I log onto GOG and spend my time reading about games and more importantly, reaffirming that there are nice people in the world and maybe it isn't such a bad place to exist in.
So, thank you.
Yeah I'm shocked at how many nice people are here. It's like something from the Twilight Zone. Like a dimension that doesn't follow the rules that dominate the rest of the world.
I also have an anxiety disorder that got so bad I had to quit my job. Thankfully I discovered that the social services here in Quebec are top notch with services I did not dream existed and I'm currently regularly seeing a doctor and a social worker to try and get better and maybe even re-integrate the workforce one day. You may already be doing similar things but if not then I encourage you to try, get someone you trust to help you if you cannot do it alone. I got family members to help me out.
I know seeking professional help is not easy, I'm a bundle of nerve before, during, and sometime after each consultation but it is worth it. I passed an important milestone recently: I stopped being afraid when the phone ring.
justanoldgamer: I also have an anxiety disorder that got so bad I had to quit my job. Thankfully I discovered that the social services here in Quebec are top notch with services I did not dream existed and I'm currently regularly seeing a doctor and a social worker to try and get better and maybe even re-integrate the workforce one day. You may already be doing similar things but if not then I encourage you to try, get someone you trust to help you if you cannot do it alone. I got family members to help me out.
I know seeking professional help is not easy, I'm a bundle of nerve before, during, and sometime after each consultation but it is worth it. I passed an important milestone recently: I stopped being afraid when the phone ring.
It's not normal to be afraid when the phone rings? I've been afraid whenever the phone rings since I was 21.
Post edited June 21, 2014 by monkeydelarge
justanoldgamer: I also have an anxiety disorder that got so bad I had to quit my job. Thankfully I discovered that the social services here in Quebec are top notch with services I did not dream existed and I'm currently regularly seeing a doctor and a social worker to try and get better and maybe even re-integrate the workforce one day. You may already be doing similar things but if not then I encourage you to try, get someone you trust to help you if you cannot do it alone. I got family members to help me out.
monkeydelarge: It's not normal to be afraid when the phone rings? I've been afraid whenever the phone rings since I was 21.
I guess it depends on what you've set as your ringtone. :-/
monkeydelarge: It's not normal to be afraid when the phone rings? I've been afraid whenever the phone rings since I was 21.
Telika: I guess it depends on what you've set as your ringtone. :-/
This song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
Telika: I guess it depends on what you've set as your ringtone. :-/
monkeydelarge: This song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
I've never been so thankful to be subjected to advertisement on youtube.
justanoldgamer: I've never been so thankful to be subjected to advertisement on youtube.
LOL
Bought a 2nd hand Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard (2nd hand) the other day. Installs but only works after fiddling with it.....upon further reading this card is more for headphones than 5.1 speakers. Which i have. Duh. 2.1 speakers search now LOL.
Stupid forum just swallowed my post!

I could not sleep last night due to my anxiety about the possible result of the tests on the blood samples I'm going to give tomorrow. I'm overweight but everything should be fine, last blood tests reveal no problems except slightly elevated sugar, I've been eating a bit better since then so I should be ok. There is also some anxiety about the entire process that involve waiting in a room with 30 to 60 people from minutes to hours. I can't even escape, or get in my bubble as I call it, in a book cause I might miss my turn. I will read to pass the time but while staying aware of my environment.

Hopefully sheer tiredness means I'll sleep tonight.
justanoldgamer: There is also some anxiety about the entire process that involve waiting in a room with 30 to 60 people from minutes to hours. I can't even escape, or get in my bubble as I call it, in a book cause I might miss my turn. I will read to pass the time but while staying aware of my environment.
Good luck, I know that feeling. Waiting in a 'mental hospital' isn't half that bad, as you know everyone is there because of some mental issues, but being in a hospital for somatic care and having to wait there can be an anxious process. I've been through it last year, when there was a strange bulge in my back and it wasn't sure what it was (it turned out to be innocent).
Post edited June 22, 2014 by DubConqueror
Damn, I overslept and they only take blood samples till about now. Tomorrow is Quebec's Fête Nationale, our national holiday so it's closed. Well, on the plus side, I slept like a baby.