It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kyote33: It's cold and snowy and I'm angry that it isn't Nov 11, because I want to play Skyrim :(
You know.. don't put all of the eggs in the same basket. And Canada has snow before Finland? =) And while you are there, track down Richard dean Anderson and make it come back to do the SG-1 movie.
orcishgamer: Because if you're not starving you shouldn't have any problems?
uh no.. i was just looking over the previous posts before mine and they all seemed like non-issues.

orcishgamer: Is that kind of like don't complain about rape, murder is much worse?
no its not like that
I decided to go to an electronics store to pick up a headset. I have been there a couple of times, but it's located in a ward that I hardly ever visit, so I wasn't entirely sure of the route. Still, it's just six kilometres away and I have a pretty good bike, so I figured it wouldn't be too difficult.

First I got lost. Nothing too bad - just missed a turn - so I just decided to turn at the next intersection. There was a van parked there, just so that no one could see what's coming the other way, so I was nearly run over. When I got on the right road, I noticed that it was cut off because of roadworks or such, and there were no road signs to show me around. Naturally this resulted in a ridiculously long detour, which somehow brought me to the store... from the wrong direction.

The queue was pretty long, but by this stage I couldn't have cared less. Got my headset and decided to go home the way I normally would, but guess what? Roadworks, possibly the same ones that caused my first detour. I tried to get around them through some suburbs, but the only way through them was a long road in the wrong way. Then I nearly got run over again because of roadside vegetation near an intersection.

I was going to cross the road when something struck me. This turned out to be a cyclist who was running dark, so I hadn't seen him powering down the road. I'm okay and I don't think the bike was damaged either, but I it's stupid to get into an accident just because some sodding idiot has found it beyond his abilities to buy a €5 light from a supermarket. If you know you are one of those idiots, buy a light or kill yourself before you take out some else.
I'm sure some of you are sick of my whining and using this thread as my personal dumping ground and I do apologize for that. But short of starting a blog or something I have nowhere else to express myself like this.

Yesterday was an awesome day. I actually wrote for the first time in six months maybe more. I used to write every day. Usually geeky crap, sometimes school, or thinking about writing. Last year, I was still doing my writing hobby and had even begun experimenting with mixed martial arts writing informally with potential for a slot on a site if I proved myself. And then about December/January-ish, I let everything overwhelm me. I quit writing any MMA articles, and I quit my hobby. I haven't wrote anything of significance since.

But yesterday, I don't know what happened. But I felt right and I wrote. I was really happy with my progress. I felt like myself to some degree again.

But today it's all back down. I can't bring myself to write. And it isn't writers block since I laid out my plans yesterday. I just can't motivate myself or believe in myself enough to write and feel happy about it.

The sad part is I don't even have a trigger for feeling like this. I woke up. That's all.
Hawk52: I'm sure some of you are sick of my whining
It's the "bitch about life" thread. If someone comes along and doesn't realize that there will be "bitching" about "life", then that's their own problem. I think the thread title meets the requirements for truth-in-advertising. : )

In other words, bitch away, Good Sir!

RE: your writing. Well, just write. The more you do, the more confidence you'll find in yourself. I know that sounds simplistic but even if you think it'll be crap, write it anyway. You can always delete it if it doesn't meet your standards, but in the meantime it'll keep you in the game.

Other than that, I see where you're coming from. I have a ton of crap to do for my business, most of it grunt work, but I'm having trouble deciding where to start. Should be simple: just pick one and do it, but it's not working out that way.
It's the third time my employer pulls a "Ooops I fucked up you will not get paid in time... sorry" stunt and now the electric company threatens pull the plug on my flat. I couldn't care less I'm not there anyways because I'm busy commuting between my workplace and my gf's place in my dying car sporting the mighty budget of 0.21€. I might have saved a few bucks to buy food or something if I would have gone by train because I actually have a monthly subscription for the regional train that just doesn't include her home town.
It's just the daily "please stay another night here" game she's playing that keeps me here. Ahh... lookin forward to another day at the office with the same cloths on because it apparently is asking too much to tell me beforehand that I'm ought to stay a few days away from home.
Post edited November 12, 2011 by itti
Today I almost got into a car accident. Luckily it was avoided, but then the other guy (I'm pretty sure it was more his fault than ours) started shouting at us in a parking lot we went to (followed us there he did). Now I'm kind of sad about that and filled with other emotions about the whole matter. I'm glad the accident didn't occur, I'd probably be in a hospital now, maybe without a pulse.
Adzeth: Today I almost got into a car accident. Luckily it was avoided, but then the other guy (I'm pretty sure it was more his fault than ours) started shouting at us in a parking lot we went to (followed us there he did). Now I'm kind of sad about that and filled with other emotions about the whole matter. I'm glad the accident didn't occur, I'd probably be in a hospital now, maybe without a pulse.
I just read something about this psychological effect today in fact. Just imagine looking that dude directly in the eye and spend a few moments thinking about how his anger is not your fault.

I don't know if it'll work, but it's an easy enough exercise and the fault of potential accident aside, it is most certainly not your problem that he went apeshit on you. So however you have to realize him being pissed off is not your problem, do it.
Have been waiting for a Super Meat Boy sale ever since it came out.

Finally bought it today.

Doesn't work on my computer.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
jefequeso: snip
How can Super Meat Boy not run on your computer? It's essentially a flash game.
jefequeso: snip
spindown: How can Super Meat Boy not run on your computer? It's essentially a flash game.
I start it up and the screen goes black and my monitor says "Analog video cannot display input" or something like that. And there's no config file so I can't mess with any display settings. Ugh.

Tried running it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode in 256 color and 640x480 resolution as well, and some long and complicated error message popped up that seemed to say that the game didn't like my graphics card. It IS an integrated card, so I'm not exactly surprised...but I am disappointed, especially since Binding of Isaac DID work.
orcishgamer: Forget marriage, have a committed relationship if you find someone special but marriage is usually a screw job for the person with the Y chromosome.
hedwards: From personal experience, a substantial portion of the female populace is comprised of the sorts of pigs that a lot of women decry men for being, but with the added feature of being sanctimonious about how men are scum.

The purpose of the ring is that if you happen to be fortunate enough to find a woman that isn't a complete pig to try and lock that in for a good long while.

And yes, there's a lot of men that are pigs, it's just that they're decent enough not to pretend like they're any better than women in that regard.
It's called "extremist femminism" or also "nazi-femminist" and the reason why they do this is to have men-ameba for the neo-liberist and turbocapitalistic world that the zionist/mondialist elite want

please,do some other steps and register yourself to Stormfront
shit is bad
strixo: shit is bad
It tastes better with cinnamon in my opinion.
Fucking boooooooored.

Skyrim is nice, and Batman AC probably will be too when I am done, but man... I want to get this show on the road, get to Europe and get my life going. Sitting here waiting for my passport to come and my flight to be scheduled is killing me.

On the upside, winter is almost here and Florida is no longer ball sweating hot.