It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: Unfortunately, the Spanish Inquisition has come and gone.
IAmSinistar: So would say that nobody would suspect them if they suddenly showed up?
Yes, indeed.
mc_leod: foxworks: can you specify this typewriter thing - i know what it is but maybe dont get it fully from the meaning
- and ps: i never learned it but i write quite fast with a two finger search system (when i know what i want to write)
of course then the typos are more evident
foxworks: I just notice you both use 'hard returns' a lot and not let the forum 'auto wrap' your posts. Hope that clarifies :)

EDIT: See above versus this below:

I just notice you both use 'hard returns'
a lot and not let the forum 'auto wrap' your posts.
Hope that clarifies :)
Clarified! Thanks! - thought already i have some contagious disease
Grargar: Speaking of Monkey Island, I have only played the third one and never felt like I missed something.
chean: Perhaps not in terms of missing story connections, but you have missed out on two superior games. :D
QFT !
Khajiin: Anyone else think it's strange to have SQ4-6 in the deal but not SQ 1-3?
Khajiin: Anyone else think it's strange to have SQ4-6 in the deal but not SQ 1-3?
Running theme for this sale.
Games with connections to other items in the catalog -
Shadowrun Returns
Warlords 3
Carmageddon 2
King's Quest 4-6
11th Hour
Blitzkrieg Anthology
Rise of the Triad
Still Life
Uru Complete Chronicles
Divinity Dragon Commander
Deus Ex 2
SWAT 3
Riven
Trine 2
Etherlords 2
Hitman 1 & 2
Zork Anthology
Syberia 2
Democracy 3
Flatout 2
Book of Unwritten Tales
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Deponia 3
Entomorph
Cannon Fodder
Capitalism 2
Space Quest 4-6
Stilton: Are Portal 1+2 available without being impregnated by Steam?

I can't stand Steam. I really don't like Steam. Steam? Don't talk to me about Steam. Damn I hate Steam.

(I feel better now)
They're on PS3 and XBox 360. I think Portal 1 recently made it to Android, as well.

I can't stand Steam. I really don't like Steam. Steam? Don't talk to me about Steam. Damn I hate Steam.

(I feel better now)
Pangaea666: Does a +1 for the post make you feel even better? Yeah, I hate them too.
Yes, Pangaea666, it does. And +1 back for a fellow Anti-Steamer ;)

(I feel better now)
Since they are first party Valve products the only way to get around steam would be the console versions of the portal games I'm afraid.
Space Quest is sort of like an old serial where each story is basically stand alone but there's usually a bridge of some sort to loosely link the events together. Space Quest II is the only one that has anything resembling a cliffhanger ending, but usually events get started because of something that happened in the previous "episode".
Grargar: Only a bit. Speaking of Monkey Island, I have only played the third one and never felt like I missed something.
Khajiin: If you haven't played MI1&2 you surely missed something.
Not really. Maybe they are great games, but I didn't feel like I am missing something that would make me disappointed in the third game. And curiously enough, I have also only played the 7th Larry which, coincidentally enough, is the only one on sale right now.
Chances of Portal 1/2 for the PC being available other places than Steam don't seem good, since they're Valve games and all. On the bright side, both will run without the Steam client after installation, so they're about as close to DRM-free as Steam gets.
CarrionCrow: Running theme for this sale.
Games with connections to other items in the catalog -
Shadowrun Returns
Warlords 3
Carmageddon 2
King's Quest 4-6
11th Hour
Blitzkrieg Anthology
Rise of the Triad
Still Life
Uru Complete Chronicles
Divinity Dragon Commander
Deus Ex 2
SWAT 3
Riven
Trine 2
Etherlords 2
Hitman 1 & 2
Zork Anthology
Syberia 2
Democracy 3
Flatout 2
Book of Unwritten Tales
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Deponia 3
Entomorph
Cannon Fodder
Capitalism 2
Space Quest 4-6
I was talking about a storywise connection, eventhough you posted some good examples for this as well. :)
chean: Perhaps not in terms of missing story connections, but you have missed out on two superior games. :D
That's how life is. You can't play every great game.

(I feel better now)
Grargar: Nope, because they are actually developed by Valve and, thus, exclusive to Steam. There is a way to run the first Portal without Steam (and not through piracy if I may add), but to do so would demand you to create an account on Steam, as well as download the client.
Thank you for that. You know what? It makes me dislike Steam even more.
Grargar: That's how life is. You can't play every great game.
Sad but true.
Grargar: That's how life is. You can't play every great game.
You can try :)