It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
RichterSnipes: Whoops, I guess I was so focused on my point that I forgot about that! Isn't VIII supposed to get an updated PC version soon the way VII did?

The only game I own and have played in the series is a little bit of IV, which I found pretty enjoyable. I kinda want to wait until I get my hands on the PSP version to continue it, though. Apparently the original US SNES version has some problems/deficiencies.
the us version of "2" is 4 easy type (well technically 4 easy type is a different version than the US but same general idea), which had a couple things censored and some abilities removed in addition.

The PSX chronicles version is based off of the original release (though thte save times are ridiculous)

the GBA version is also has reduced difficulty, but extra content (switching characters/postgame content). But the ATB is bugged.

DS version's a complete overhaul.

PSP version is based off of the GBA version (but the bugs were fixed) so has the same reduced difficulty/extra features, and has all the chapters of The After Years.
kklsid: People must be desperate after a whole weekend of GoG sale madness without any time for their partners. If there even is a partner left after that one, that is.
I hear Jack Keane is still single.
garrus74: Come to think of it, is there any other PC game that has gone through not one but TWO remakes like LSL here?
Does Myst count?
gbaz69: Would anyone be willing to trade me LSL:R for my King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY?
PM me please! (I could throw in a the witcher key if you want it too)
nijuu: Why did u bother to get that anyway??
I got it to trade with someone, they said they was going to sleep work, and for me to keep eye on it;
and when they got back they said they all ready traded for it!

Just a lack of communication.
Seriously GOG? Where the hell is Tomb Raider and Thief 2?
Arg, I misssed La Mulana.
Ah, Larry. It takes longer to sell than to finish. The problem is that the 60% discount will probably the same or even topped at the Christmas sale. So, while many people are already buying more than they planned in this sale, they can set this one aside for later without the fear of missing out on a great deal.
garrus74: Come to think of it, is there any other PC game that has gone through not one but TWO remakes like LSL here?
stan423321: Does Myst count?
Good point, forgot that one: masterpiece edition and then realMyst. But can't think of any ohers.
Cardian: Ah, Larry. It takes longer to sell than to finish. The problem is that the 60% discount will probably the same or even topped at the Christmas sale. So, while many people are already buying more than they planned in this sale, they can set this one aside for later without the fear of missing out on a great deal.
True. With that price and that discount for a remake, many people will just put this off till later (me included).
Gah, I'm tired and going to bed (LSL wins), hope GOG doesn't keep you all up too late. Good Luck!!
mrcrispy83: the us version of "2" is 4 easy type (well technically 4 easy type is a different version than the US but same general idea), which had a couple things censored and some abilities removed in addition.

The PSX chronicles version is based off of the original release (though thte save times are ridiculous)

the GBA version is also has reduced difficulty, but extra content (switching characters/postgame content). But the ATB is bugged.

DS version's a complete overhaul.

PSP version is based off of the GBA version (but the bugs were fixed) so has the same reduced difficulty/extra features, and has all the chapters of The After Years.
These are the kinds of details I crave for when it comes to different versions of games.

Would you say that FFIV is too easy in its GBA/PSP form? I'm fine with games that require less stress from me, but if it veers too far into that direction then it would cease to be engaging.
nijuu: Why did u bother to get that anyway??
gbaz69: I got it to trade with someone, they said they was going to sleep work, and for me to keep eye on it;

Sounds more like a dick move on their part. They asked you to do them a favour, you do it, and you're left holding the baby.
Maybe Freud could tell me why Larry is the only game I have played 25 yrs ago when I was 12 and don't want it now.
I see this as a sign. I gave up on the sale.

Went to bed almost 7 hours ago.

In that time no thief games or tomb raider went on sale.

I see that as a sign from the GoG gods that i must continue on.
Post edited November 18, 2013 by Minmataro
Minmataro: I see that as a sign that i must continue on.
Don't die/hurt yourself in the process. :P
gbaz69: I got it to trade with someone, they said they was going to sleep work, and for me to keep eye on it;

shayne3: Sounds more like a dick move on their part. They asked you to do them a favour, you do it, and you're left holding the baby.
One reason why im wary about buying stuff to trade to people who come back... may not come back or already traded with someone else :/