It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
htown1980: Wow. This is going a lot faster than I expected...
Don't worry, it'll slow down.
LSL - just about the only Sierra games I don't want.

Ah well, time to grab some zzzzsss. Hopefully I make it back in time for NWN1.

Good night, and good luck everyone! May your wishlists come true! ;)
I bet it'd go faster if it wasn't $8...
Who actually wore a "Leisure Suit" ? :P
skeletonbow: Does anyone ever pay full price for games on Steam though? :)
Yours truly. Pre-ordered X-Rebirth, enjoying it since release full speed ahead. And full reverse too. Sometimes even full strafe sideways. Or vertically - it's X-game after all. :D

If game is good and/or comes from respectable studio, I see no problem buying it at full price or even pre-ordering it. If it's mass effect, I wonder why I ever bought in first place, after I decided to ignore edmontonians after NWN1. Oh, well, guess even if you in your 30s doesn't mean you can't be an idiot. :D

skeletonbow: I've got something like 102 games on Steam ATM, and probably 40-50 codes not yet registered from bundles and whatnot. The most I've paid for any Steam game so far relatively speaking is about 75% discount off the regular price. One might think "yeah but they're all old crappy games or low quality indie titles" but my Steam collection is mostly AA and AAA titles with a handful of great quality indies also. Just gotta know where and when to shop to get the good deals. ;oP
I think it's more problem of majority of developers/publishers, setting their release prices too high and our own disagreement with that. You don't need to be certified accountant to understand whether game worth money asked for it or not. It's hard to buy game for $60 when your own appraisal of content/price ratio tells you it's barely worth $20. And with "awesome customer support" it fell down to $10.
For instance, I don't get $20 even for old CoD titles. Really, 20 bucks for 6 hours campaign (yes, I'm totally not a morning person... I mean not an multiplayer person)? No way I'm going to buy them for $60 or especially $80 for that.
$20 for Torchlight 2? Sold. No battlenet, no always online "for presudo your own good" (wave simblock, also known as simcity), big world, lots of hours of gameplay, nice replayability.
$40 for Euro Truck Simulator 2? I say 30 would be more honest, but - they gave us trucks for free (well,new trucks' price included into game's price, so it's a deal).
$15 (actually 12) for Prime World Defenders? Should anyone told me that prior game's release, I'd probably laugh in his face. Yet I bought it (Nival, hey - Blitzkrieg, Silent Storm, some other nice titles, not present currently on GoG). So I bought it. Who would've thought I'll be playing "casual" "primitive" Tower Defense longer that I played any of "critically acclaimed" and "75 times perfectly scored" mass effect? Definitely not me. Yet I did.

skeletonbow: Having said that though, I wouldn't buy or recommend buying any old DOS era games or even Win95/98 games on Steam as they're probably not updated for modern Windows like GOG games are - unless they specify that they are updated or remakes anyway. Even then of course GOG is preferred. :)
Some are optimised. Can't give exact list of titles, since I don't have one. Fallout 1/2 for instance, better be bought here - Steam (or CD versions, if that matters, I still have mine from 90s:)) do work, but you have to deal with psykodelisch colours or constant black "fog of war". Playable, less enjoyable.
I think I've read some developer (Nival, Silent Storm related, IIRC) that they could buy back their games from GoG it seems less honest, snce GoG team put a lot of efforts into adopting game for modern platforms. I don't know whether Nordic bought GoG version of Silent Storm or made some optimisation themselves. Also I can't test disk version, for some reason it doesn't work.
People must be desperate after a whole weekend of GoG sale madness without any time for their partners. If there even is a partner left after that one, that is.
I hear Jack Keane is still single.
Post edited November 18, 2013 by kklsid
hmm LSL Reloaded. That's a bit much. I'll wait till it goes for $4.99 or something. Already have the game for steam cause of the kickstarer anyways. I don't think they provided a key for the gog version =/
Would anyone be willing to trade me LSL:R for my King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY?
PM me please! (I could throw in a the witcher key if you want it too)

edit: trade done!
Post edited November 18, 2013 by gbaz69
kklsid: People must be desperate after a whole weekend of GoG sale madness without any time for their partners. If there even is a partner left after that one, that is.
I hear Jack Keane is still single.
Come to think of it, is there any other PC game that has gone through not one but TWO remakes like LSL here?
yanko44: Who actually wore a "Leisure Suit" ? :P
I did the long-hair-parted-in-the-middle-feathered-on-the-sides thing, but I managed to avoid the suit.
Anyone with a spare Assassin's Creed Key they don't want?

I have Planescape Torment, MAX+MAX2 and King Of Dragon Pass to trade as GOG keys (and if you are generous enough to just give it to me I promise to do a key giveaway myself once Thief 1 is mine as well :) )
Why did they have to put it at 60% off... It won't sell very well that way...
gbaz69: Would anyone be willing to trade me LSL:R for my King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY?
PM me please! (I could throw in a the witcher key if you want it too)
Why did u bother to get that anyway??
Fellin: I didn't mind XII, it wasn't that bad once you got used to the controls, having a hard time finishing XIII though myself.
BananaJane: Is 12 better than 10?
I got it the day it came out, found out that girl isn't the main character and never even turned on the game.
From what I remember of the game, Ashe is about as close to the main character as you get in 12. Vaan is just telling the story.
shayne3: Are they giving away like ONE copy of each freebie or something? I hate complaining but it kinda sucks.
No, there's about 20 or 30 copies, but the fact that some people have been able to win multiple freebies suggests something is skewing the odds quite dramatically in their favour. Winning one freebie should be difficult enough, winning 2 should be next to impossible and 3 takes the odds into the astronomical. You'd have a better chance of walking on the moon than winning 3 times. The odds are just insane.

(Yes, I'm exaggerating but it doesn't change the fact that if you're winning more than once that's not luck, there's other factors in play, be it latency, PC speed, browser or something else)