It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
I remember when you could rent CONSOLES from Blockbuster. I rented a PS1 a couple of times.

Game can die, but I hope Blockbuster doesn't. They give me unlimited rentals on occasion. A few months ago I rented 26 games for a one-off fee of £10!
JaqFrost: Did Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic pass by? I've been trying to watch the sale, but... life gets in the way. =/
kecskeszarv: I don't think so, it's still to come.
Sweet! =) Cheers.
Daz12380: interesting fact the old crt tvs for 1960s roughly would create xrays and thats why kids now days are told not to be too close to the screen as it could damage there eyes
jackster79: I had forgotten being told that as a child until you mentioned it! Never understood that - thanks for clearing that up.
your welcome one of the few things i actually know
VanZanz: Mmmm Chemistry... I loved how those simple powders and liquids made really cool things (and Loud Noises!), in real life even! ;)
golea: I guess most of the fun has been taken care off by healt and safety.
This is a fairly interesting post on the subject by a guy who won't work with FOOF.
Fascinating site.
http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2013/11/15/the_heirloom_chemistry_set.php
xenxander: I can't even play Sacred Gold.

Bought it off of here, and my Nvidia 550 TI won't run it. :(

I have a worthless piece of code.
Infin8ty: I doubt it's the GPU, more likely it's the OS. I don't think it works well on anything above Vista. Can you make a VM? I use that for SC2K (not the DOS version, the good Windows version).
Not true.

i have windows 7. My friend has windows 7.

He has an ATI video card. I have nvidia. He can run it JUST FINE, and I can't. It's the video card. Nvidia 550 is shit and I wish I knew that a year ago, I never would have bought it. ZERO fucking support.
robbknoll: Had a retro night a while back with friends where we got out the snes, gamecube, playstation etc. Going through the games there was still price tags on the gamecube games, man, they were some expensive games haha. Over €70 for Soul Calibur 2!
Daz12380: i rember getting my first handheld gameboy with pokemon sliver cost £200
Hows about Donkey Kong Country for the snes at £50 pounds! and that was second hand ha! I cant remember what my folks even paid for the original gameboy, but id wager they wanted to sell one of us after getting it.
implord66: Quick question, has Sacred Gold already been up for second (or third) time?
2nd, yes they all have. 3rd I don't think so
I see the list hasn't been posted in awhile - alas it also hasn't changed in 5 hours...

THE LIST

Games that have already been offered on the "Last Chance" round:
GoG confirmed that anything listed as "FREE" in in this "Last Chance" Round will be up again with a price.

Rise of the Triad $7.49
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49
System Shock 2 FREE
Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49
Master of Magic $1.19
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99
Lords of Midnight $1.93
Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49
Miasmata FREE
Eador: Masters of the Broken World $5.99
Sniper Elite $1.99
Baldur's Gate 2
Might and Magic 1-6
Sniper Elite: Berlin FREE
Book of Unwritten Tales
Thunderscape
Divinity: Dragon Commander $22.49
Aquanox FREE
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99
Rogue Legacy $4.99
Populous: The Beginning $1.49
Syberia $1.99
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion $1.49
Don't Starve FREE
AquaNox 2: Revelation $1.49
Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99
Chaos Engine $3.29
Space Colony HD FREE
Reus $2.49
Megabyte Punch $4.99
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49
Deus Ex GOTY $1.99
Torchlight $2.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack FREE
Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49
Blackwell Bundle $2.99
System Shock 2 $1.99
Anodyne $2.49
Startopia $1.49
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon FREE
Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49
Don't Starve $4.99
Shadow Man $2.39
AquaNox 2: Revelation FREE
Retro City Rampage $3.74
Anvil of Dawn $1.49
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49
Defender's Quest $2.99
Book of Unwritten Tales FREE
Leisure Suit Larry $2.49
The Real Texas $2.99
Tales of Monkey Island $5.24
Inquisitor $3.74
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams FREE
Evoland $2.49
Geneforge 1-5 $2.99
Wing Commander 4 $1.49
Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99
Hotline Miami $2.49

Games that should be left to come.

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49
Alpha Centauri $1.49
Aquanox $1.49
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99
Beyond Good and Evil $2.49
Brutal Legend $3.74
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
FEZ $2.99
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93
Icewind Dale Complete $1.99
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99
La Mulana $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99
Lucius $3.99
Miasmata $2.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99
Planescape: Torment $1.99
Postal 2 Complete $2.49
Primordia $2.49
Psychonauts $2.49
Puddle $1.99
Rayman Origins $4.99
Resonance $2.49
Sacred Gold $1.99
Shelter $3.99
Space Colony HD $2.49
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Strike Suit Zero $4.99
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
Theme Hospital $1.49
Thief Gold $1.99
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99
Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
Wargame: European Escalation $6.69
Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Draggon
ozzyoscy: I remember when you could rent CONSOLES from Blockbuster. I rented a PS1 a couple of times.

Game can die, but I hope Blockbuster doesn't. They give me unlimited rentals on occasion. A few months ago I rented 26 games for a one-off fee of £10!
i brought 3 pc games inthere a 2 years ago two were 3 for ten and one 2 for 25 they game me all three for ten
ozzyoscy: I remember when you could rent CONSOLES from Blockbuster. I rented a PS1 a couple of times.

They already declared bankruptcy once. Their online system isn't as good as Netflix either. We actually switched a while ago. Also a bunch closed down including the one in my city. For some reason Family Video is still around though....
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Infin8ty

You still have a Blockbuster? Thought they all closed up shop.
Daz12380: i rember getting my first handheld gameboy with pokemon sliver cost £200
robbknoll: Hows about Donkey Kong Country for the snes at £50 pounds! and that was second hand ha! I cant remember what my folks even paid for the original gameboy, but id wager they wanted to sell one of us after getting it.
On my 2nd PC, I paid $250.00 to add 16 MB of system memory....Less than my crappy watch has now!
implord66: Quick question, has Sacred Gold already been up for second (or third) time?
xenxander: I can't even play Sacred Gold.

Bought it off of here, and my Nvidia 550 TI won't run it. :(

I have a worthless piece of code.
What OS are you running?

You need to run that game in Compatibility Mode for an OS it actually worked on; and turn off any of that Aero crap (check boxes to Desktop Comp & Visual Themes); and run as Admin.

In general - that stuff I listed is really important for any older games that were released from Win XP and before; especially if you're running one of them old games on a modern-OS like Win Vista + Win 7.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by MysterD
Tolmar: 2nd, yes they all have. 3rd I don't think so
Thanks! I probably keep missing it when I go to bed.
Edit: Nevermind someone already posted it.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by JohnnyDollar