It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
If you are even remotely on the fence about Deus EX and have $2, buy it!
Rayman, where are you?
kklsid: With so many lightyears to go...
Mandylion: And things to be found...
I'm sure that we aaaaaaalll miss her so....
xenonemo: I hope the Keane developers don't read this forum. It would suck to have your game pegged as the archetype for games that don't sell. Apart from that aspect, though, I find the whole thing to be hilarious. :)
Except they did sell. Titles with higher prices will not sell as fast, but they make a boatload more profit per unit sold and profit is what drives things. Game developers look at revenue per day/week/month and units sold is just one statistic but $$$ is what ultimately counts.

For example, one copy of Dragon Commander selling for $22 a pop makes 11 times as much profit than any game going for $2 a pop. If a game takes 5 minutes to sell a limited quantity of 100 units at $2 a pop, then in one day timeframe that game made $200. If a game takes 5 hours to sell a limited quantity of 100 units at $22 a pop, then it made $2200 profit in one day. The game that sells to us slow is immensely more profitable in this case and every metric that matters to the game developer and GOG for producing revenue is met with flying expectations.

We might be disappointed that it is slow moving and have bad things to say about it either in jest or out of emotions but the reality is that games like Dragon Commander are priced higher because they produce a profit margin that meets expectations still at the price they're at. When those games drop in price down to $5 regular price, that is when they're no longer doing well and they need to drop the price to pick up the volume and make the same amount of money.

How fast individual units move doesn't matter on its own, it is how fast they move in combination with the price multiplier and other factors that puts the lines on the sales graphs. ;)

Another thing is that all publicity is good publicity even bad publicity, so all of the talk about the games that have slowed down the sales ultimately hit blogs and news outlets and raise awareness these games even exist. People will come and look at them and read reviews etc. and buy them up (as they have ultimately), thus affirming the price charged was something people would be willing enough to pay to eat up the offered units within the allotted timeframe. ;)

So, they're slow moving to us who are expecting things to come and go in 10 minutes, but the profit made on probably almost all of the games has been successful likely in the eyes of the ones taking in the money I imagine. Personally I think a lot of games are overpriced, but if they stay that way for some time period then I'm probably wrong because the people who set the prices on things have all the graphs and charts and we don't. We might perceive a game as overpriced that actually produces a profit stream that the game developer and GOG are more than happy with along with the folks that will pay that for it. Us bargain hunters aren't the whole market. :o)
Captain_Picard: Yes! I finally got it, after 2 days of waiting.
gratz! lol on the pic. I can really imagine how that feels like ^_^
You know what? I think the word 'Break' should from now on and ever more be called 'Keane'!

Makes for some great conversations...

'Wanna finish this or take a Keane first?'
or
'Sorry, I'm on my smokeKeane atm...'

Take a Keane, take a ... (you know)
HunterZ: I can't believe that there are 1200 fans of GOG that are watching the site right now and don't already own Deus EX GOTY.

I guess I technically don't own it on GOG, but I do own an original CD-ROM and Steam copy.
justanoldgamer: I own CD-ROM, Steam and GOG copies.

I never finished it when it was first released. I took a break and somehow never got back to it. But it is an awesome game.
It's probably my favorite game of all time. I originally played it when it was fairly new, and have beat it at least 3 times in total.
Fictionvision: If you are even remotely on the fence about Deus EX and have $2, buy it!
Even if you don't have $2, buy it. You don't need that food right now.
Shendue: Well, it's Deus freaking Ex. It's in every "Top 10 pc games ever" list i've seen.
1200 is nothing.
shadowbaneaxe: I've watched a full let's play of it. So I don't actually need to play it to know what it's like ;)
Wrong, wrong, wrong, man. This is a game with multiple paths and styles of gameplay. Watching one, two or even five Let's Play videos won't even scratch the surface of what the game has to offer.
THE LIST

Games that have already been offered on the "Last Chance" round:
GoG confirmed that anything listed as "FREE" in in this "Last Chance" Round will be up again with a price.

Rise of the Triad $7.49
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49
System Shock 2 FREE
Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49
Master of Magic $1.19
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99
Lords of Midnight $1.93
Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49
Miasmata FREE
Eador: Masters of the Broken World $5.99
Sniper Elite $1.99
Baldur's Gate 2
Might and Magic 1-6
Sniper Elite: Berlin FREE
Book of Unwritten Tales
Thunderscape
Divinity: Dragon Commander $22.49
Aquanox FREE
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99
Rogue Legacy $4.99
Populous: The Beginning $1.49
Syberia $1.99
Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion $1.49
Don't Starve FREE
AquaNox 2: Revelation $1.49
Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99
Chaos Engine $3.29
Space Colony HD FREE
Reus $2.49
Megabyte Punch $4.99
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49
Deus Ex GOTY $1.99

Games that should be left to come.

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49
Alpha Centauri $1.49
Anodyne $2.49
Anvil of Dawn $1.49
Aquanox $1.49
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99
Beyond Good and Evil $2.49
Blackwell Bundle $2.99
Brutal Legend $3.74
Chaos Engine $3.29
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
Defender's Quest $2.99
Don't Starve $4.99
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Evoland $2.49
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
FEZ $2.99
Geneforge 1-5 $2.99
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99
Hotline Miami $2.49
I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93
Icewind Dale Complete $1.99
Inquisitor $3.74
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99
La Mulana $2.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Leisure Suit Larry $2.49
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99
Lucius $3.99
Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99
Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49
Miasmata $2.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99
Planescape: Torment $1.99
Postal 2 Complete $2.49
Primordia $2.49
Psychonauts $2.49
Puddle $1.99
Rayman Origins $4.99
Resonance $2.49
Retro City Rampage $3.74
Sacred Gold $1.99
Shadow Man $2.39
Shelter $3.99
Space Colony HD $2.49
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Startopia $1.49
Strike Suit Zero $4.99
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
System Shock 2 $1.99
Tales of Monkey Island $5.24
The Real Texas $2.99
Theme Hospital $1.49
Thief Gold $1.99
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
Torchlight $2.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49
Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49
Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
Wargame: European Escalation $6.69
Wing Commander 4 $1.49
Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99

Since games seemed to be offered in groups, here are the remaining listed in the order they were in during round 1:

System Shock 2 $1.99
Don't Starve $4.99
Sacred Gold $1.99
Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
Shelter $3.99
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
Icewind Dale Complete $1.99
Wargame: European Escalation $6.69
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99
Miasmata $2.99
Theme Hospital $1.49
Puddle $1.99
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Thief Gold $1.99
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09

Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
Shadow Man $2.39
Geneforge 1-5 $2.99
Wing Commander 4 $1.49
Anvil of Dawn $1.49
Strike Suit Zero $4.99
Aquanox $1.49
Space Colony HD $2.49
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99
Leisure Suit Larry $2.49
The Real Texas $2.99
Alpha Centauri $1.49
Psychonauts $2.49
King of Dragon Pass $1.49

Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49

Hotline Miami $2.49
Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49

Beyond Good and Evil $2.49
La Mulana $2.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
Resonance $2.49

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99
Evoland $2.49

Blackwell Bundle $2.99
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99
Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49
Defender's Quest $2.99
Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Retro City Rampage $3.74
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99

Postal 2 Complete $2.49
Brutal Legend $3.74
Rayman Origins $4.99
Primordia $2.49
Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49
Lucius $3.99

Anodyne $2.49
Startopia $1.49
Tales of Monkey Island $5.24
Inquisitor $3.74
Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Torchlight $2.99
Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49
Planescape: Torment $1.99
Post edited November 15, 2013 by gogbot
Minmataro: You dont own it!?!?!? omg thats like a PC gamers rite of passage...
XEternalDreamX: Was it D.E. 2 that had an ending like the M.E. 3 game?
Dont know i never finished the second game it was terrible imo. Go Deus Ex goty and Deus Ex HR directors cut. skip the second imo.
Crowned: Dammiit, fell asleep during Chaos Engine -- what did I miss?
Not that much. Aquanox 2, Megabyte Punch, Reus and Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon
Post edited November 15, 2013 by garrus74
Captain_Picard: Yes! I finally got it, after 2 days of waiting.
Actually this is what I picture you looking like when Deus Ex went up

http://www.thepensivecitadel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/neurosis.jpg
Crowned: Dammiit, fell asleep during Chaos Engine -- what did I miss?
garrus74: Not that much. Aquanox 2, Megabyte Punch, Reus
Phew, thank you. Lucked out there!
skeletonbow: Except they did sell. Titles with higher prices will not sell as fast, but they make a boatload more profit per unit sold and profit is what drives things. Game developers look at revenue per day/week/month and units sold is just one statistic but $$$ is what ultimately counts.

For example, one copy of Dragon Commander selling for $22 a pop makes 11 times as much profit than any game going for $2 a pop. If a game takes 5 minutes to sell a limited quantity of 100 units at $2 a pop, then in one day timeframe that game made $200. If a game takes 5 hours to sell a limited quantity of 100 units at $22 a pop, then it made $2200 profit in one day. The game that sells to us slow is immensely more profitable in this case and every metric that matters to the game developer and GOG for producing revenue is met with flying expectations.

We might be disappointed that it is slow moving and have bad things to say about it either in jest or out of emotions but the reality is that games like Dragon Commander are priced higher because they produce a profit margin that meets expectations still at the price they're at. When those games drop in price down to $5 regular price, that is when they're no longer doing well and they need to drop the price to pick up the volume and make the same amount of money.

How fast individual units move doesn't matter on its own, it is how fast they move in combination with the price multiplier and other factors that puts the lines on the sales graphs. ;)

Another thing is that all publicity is good publicity even bad publicity, so all of the talk about the games that have slowed down the sales ultimately hit blogs and news outlets and raise awareness these games even exist. People will come and look at them and read reviews etc. and buy them up (as they have ultimately), thus affirming the price charged was something people would be willing enough to pay to eat up the offered units within the allotted timeframe. ;)

So, they're slow moving to us who are expecting things to come and go in 10 minutes, but the profit made on probably almost all of the games has been successful likely in the eyes of the ones taking in the money I imagine. Personally I think a lot of games are overpriced, but if they stay that way for some time period then I'm probably wrong because the people who set the prices on things have all the graphs and charts and we don't. We might perceive a game as overpriced that actually produces a profit stream that the game developer and GOG are more than happy with along with the folks that will pay that for it. Us bargain hunters aren't the whole market. :o)
+1 for this. Nice analysis.