It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition are now available DRM-free.

In anticipation of the upcoming 25th anniversary of Warcraft, we brought you the real-time strategy classics that started it all, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, including both the original Tides of Darkness and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion. Starting today, you can once again explore these universe-defining games as they become available digitally and DRM-free for the first time ever!

The first part of the legendary series plays and feels just like the original from 1994, it’s just updated to run flawlessly on modern operating systems. Warcraft II Battle.net Edition, similarly to the release of first Diablo on GOG.COM, comes in two versions, which you can choose from the launcher. The classic one allows for the authentic experience and a fully functional multiplayer with Blizzard’s Battle.net online gaming service. The updated version comes with a number of fixes to provide full compatibility with modern machines as well as hi-resolution support and upscaling.
I never got on my pc quicker to buy a game... 2 of the best RTS's I know of...
mattiasatthem: Somehow I think game developers fail to realize there are a lot of people prefering simple, straight-forward strategy games without a gazillion units or options to choose from. I love the simplicity of this game, and I suspect I am not the only one.
Oh man, stay away from Total Annihilation 0_0
Thank you gog. This is what I love you for - old games and DRM free.

Also thanks for preserving another part of my childhood
So is this thread still goofy?
Nice, I really hope Starcraft can come here! Show some love to that franchise too and not just diablo and warcraft.
gog2002x: What a fantastic surprise!

Thank you GOG and Blizzard for bringing those games here!

Now let me add my vote to all the others clammering for MORE Blizzard games.

Keep bringing them!

Diablo 2 + LOD (my TOP choice, how dearly I miss this game)

Warcraft III and Starcraft I would be wonderful additions too.
Um..... Starcraft is still available via Blizzard Battlenet. I bought that.
Warcraft 3 should be released later this summer via Blizzard as well.
There are now active competitions in the old version of Starcraft Remastered. It looks great and is still really fun to play.
I am impressed. Much sooner than I expected. Now we just need the other RTS classics to round out the collection (I would instantly buy these if/when the come to GOG):
Command & Conquer series (Tiberium and Red Alert universes)
Myth series by Bungie
Black & White series by Lionhead
And of course Starcraft, but I won't hold my breath.

Keep up the good work. GOG was made for these gems.
Nice.

I still have my physical copies of the WarCraft Battlechest (WC1, WC2, and expansion) and WarCraft 2 Battle.net Edition, but I don't mind re-buying them for easier install once they come on sale.

Shame there's no WC2 non-BNE though. I've only got two brothers, so the "three LAN players per CD" design of the original WC2 works out very nicely if combined with DOSBox's IPX-over-TCP/IP tunnelling.
cool
Gylfe: Instabuy!

Thank you, GoG! I hope to see WC3 and its expansions. These games are absolute classics and Ill never forget first starting the WC shareware disc and playing the first three missions for hundreds of hours until I could get the full game. This is real Warcraft before WoW, before it got so cartoony and silly, before the no bad guys angle.

Not to mention classic RTS and some of the original games to really kick start and advance the genre.

I cant wait to see what GoG brings us next!
winsan: If you cant wait for Warcraft 3 on GoG, Blizzard's game launcher Battlenet has it! Just want to let you know!
Thank you! I doubt it will happen, but I would love to see Reforged come to GoG.

I still have my original discs and they work with Win 10, so I don't really need it, but I want it! I just love having a digital, DRM free copy of everything. Anything can happen to a disc, but GoG keeps the digital copies up and running, even with a new OS.

I really appreciate the info though. I may have to check out Battle.net again. I haven't logged in since I stopped playing WoW about six years ago.

Is there DRM with Battle.net? Or do they have an offline mode too?
Got a shock when I saw this in my inbox this morning!

Has anyone tried the 'high resolution support' for Warcraft 2? How does compare to the original?
high rated
Diablo is now #61 on the all time bestselling list!

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=2

The Warcraft I+II Bundle is now #552 on the all time bestselling list!

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=12

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans is now #2,468 on the all time bestselling list!

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=52

Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition is now #1,829 on the all time bestselling list!

https://www.gog.com/games?sort=bestselling&page=39
Post edited March 29, 2019 by Barry_Woodward
Comment from battle.net.
"Hmmm, of all places GOG.com ?

Last time I checked you don't buy games at GOG.com, you rent them until they void your license. How can I own a copy without renting from them?
Please God, let it be a troll.
OldOldGamer: I have the original games somewhere.

Happy for the release, but I don't think I will buy these.

* They price is too steep for such old games.
* Warcraft was good, but never thought was exceptional.
* I've played it enough back in the days, can t think of playing it again.
zlaywal: I find it funny that a person that made this thread

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/confused_about_what_is_really_gog_going/post1

now decided "Nah, I'm not gonna buy this newly released old game again."
I ve said I m happy, and appreciate the efforts.
But that doesn t mean I have to buy every single old game.
Does Warcraft II include the DOS version too?