It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings, Hunters!

<span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, an action filled next step in aRPG design, is available now for Windows and Mac - complete with GOG Galaxy Achievements, DRM-free, and 10% off for the first week!

In a genre that's seen immense highs and extended lows, it seems that we're always waiting for the secret formula for the perfect action RPG. Some say it's all about an overwhelming amount of loot, upgrades and treats galore. Others choose to experiment with new and innovative ways to connect their players, or to give them new types of control over making their character one of a kind. Victor Vran brings its own answers to the table.

It's a game that places movement and action first, truly putting the "action" in the aRPG, eliminating the boundaries of a traditional class system, and opting for freeform gear-based progression. A combat-oriented approach doesn't mean that Victor Vran is lacking in the other departments either - there's plenty of loot to collect and increasingly awesome weapons to find (including what looks an awful lot like a lightsaber) as well as innovative character progression. All that's there, however, is enhanced by an unprecedented movement system that will have you (and up to 4 of your co-op buddies) leaping, dodging and wallrunning. It's a game where survival is based on so much more than how hard you can hit.

GOG.com Exclusive Bonus
For a little something special, your copy of the game will come with a one-time-use GOG.com-exclusive Treasure Key! Just log in to your GOG.com account, start your single-player game, and redeem it in-game for a fountain of gold and the following drops:

- Med Kit (Legendary) - An endless healing potion.
- Hope Destiny Card (Uncommon) - Provides additional health when equipped. Can be equipped on level 2.
- Diamond Demon Power (Uncommon) - Creates a protective shield. Can be equipped immediately.
- Gift Box - A box that can be opened for random loot.
- Red, Green and Blue dyes - Used to colorize your outfit. Transmutation unlocks at level 16.

Q&A With The Devs
Have questions about the game that only the devs can answer? Join the team behind Victor Vran for a special Q&A session this coming Monday!
Boyan (Lead Designer) and Momchil (Designer) from Haemimont Games will be visiting our forums on Monday (July 27) starting 6pm GMT (8pm CEST / 2pm EST / 11am PST to answer all your questions about the game, the life behind game development, or their favorite type of sandwich. Save the date, stay tuned for the announcement thread, and come hang out with us.

Experience the definition of "a" in aRPG with <span class="bold">Victor Vran</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com! The launch discount will last for one week, until Friday, July 31, at 9:59 AM GMT.
high rated
BillyMaysFan59: GOG please remove the DRM from this game. Either that or don't sell it. Remember your DRM-free principles! (you were pretty serious about them a while ago.....)
To be fair, it appears that the game itself is DRM free, it's just the exclusive content that isn't.

I see three solutions:

1: remove the exclusive content.
2: bundle the exclusive content directly in the GOG build.
3: provide a storage DRM free installer for the exclusive content.

Not that any of it matters to me, I'll be avoiding this until the Linux situation is resolved.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by hummer010
Riotact: The stuff that comes with the key is droppable loot, you will pick this stuff up in game any way, so if logging into Galaxy for this gift is a negative aspect for you then just don't bother with the gift, its no big thing really.
Starmaker: So do I understand correctly, these are just regular items which drop in-game?
Yes. I got the game in Early Access on Steam, and I also got the 'GOG exclusive' MedKit as an 'Early Access exclusive'. I don't remember if any of the other items came with it, but I know that after probably less than 10 hours playing I had found at least one of each (except the medkit, I'm ~15 h in and haven't found one). And the dyes are, from what I can tell, purely cosmetic. 'Gift boxes' you receive regularly when levelling up (they just contain some random weapon), demon powers and destiny cards drop (like weapons) when you defeat enemies.

I'm really surprised that people are making such a fuzz about something you can get in-game in a few hours. It's nice to give you a little head start (mainly the medkit, really), but the game is very much complete and playable without any of it, there's no extra content. If you don't want to do the online verification, just don't do it, and enjoy a very fun game.
Gilozard: Online activation is definite (bluetext confirmation), it also sounds like it is one-time use.
d2t: can you explain why do you lie in your review and tell that "game requires a GOG login just to play"

it is completely untrue. have you even tried to play the game or just post reviews without comprehending what are you talking about?
Bad intel at the time from a bluetext and user reports.

I was giving a heads-up to people who don't look at the forum thread. If the DRM is removed I'll be happy to remove my review.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by Gilozard
high rated
ricki42: Yes. I got the game in Early Access on Steam, and I also got the 'GOG exclusive' MedKit as an 'Early Access exclusive'. I don't remember if any of the other items came with it, but I know that after probably less than 10 hours playing I had found at least one of each (except the medkit, I'm ~15 h in and haven't found one). And the dyes are, from what I can tell, purely cosmetic. 'Gift boxes' you receive regularly when levelling up (they just contain some random weapon), demon powers and destiny cards drop (like weapons) when you defeat enemies.

I'm really surprised that people are making such a fuzz about something you can get in-game in a few hours. It's nice to give you a little head start (mainly the medkit, really), but the game is very much complete and playable without any of it, there's no extra content. If you don't want to do the online verification, just don't do it, and enjoy a very fun game.
The issue for me (and I assume many others as well) is the simple fact that one of GOG's basic business principles is DRM-free, so the appearance of DRMed content in a game - whether it's superfluous or not - is a concern. As I noted in an earlier post: slippery slope. What about the next dev that decides they'll sell their game here DRM-free but they want a one-time on-line authentication for any DLC they come out with? Possibly overthinking this, but I don't like the appearance of DRM in GOG's game no matter how trivial.
high rated
Starmaker: So do I understand correctly, these are just regular items which drop in-game?
ricki42: Yes. I got the game in Early Access on Steam, and I also got the 'GOG exclusive' MedKit as an 'Early Access exclusive'. I don't remember if any of the other items came with it, but I know that after probably less than 10 hours playing I had found at least one of each (except the medkit, I'm ~15 h in and haven't found one). And the dyes are, from what I can tell, purely cosmetic. 'Gift boxes' you receive regularly when levelling up (they just contain some random weapon), demon powers and destiny cards drop (like weapons) when you defeat enemies.

this is not the problem. the problem is we (user of gog that love drm-free) don't want any drm on games.
I'm still waiting for someone at GoG to confirm or deny that you need to enter the code for every clean install after you do it once. Does entering the code download some sort of file? If so that answers the question of can you access the content after backup and without online access.
Siegor: Well, I decided to snoop around the Steam forums and in one of the pinned topics ("share your codes") one person mentioned codes dropping in-game and then having to be redeemed online.
So there's DRM-loot now?

Edit: Grammar.
Yeah that's how I understood it too... all that 'online interaction' excuses for slapping DRM on everything. 'But you don't need DRM loot, you can just farm more!'. Typical bullshit in F2P games too, 'you don't have Pay2Win because you can just get a farmer bot'. I wonder if they put the 'anticheating' shit on it too, because multiplayer.

Meh.

Coelocanth: The issue for me (and I assume many others as well) is the simple fact that one of GOG's basic business principles is DRM-free, so the appearance of DRMed content in a game - whether it's superfluous or not - is a concern. As I noted in an earlier post: slippery slope. What about the next dev that decides they'll sell their game here DRM-free but they want a one-time on-line authentication for any DLC they come out with? Possibly overthinking this, but I don't like the appearance of DRM in GOG's game no matter how trivial.
If it's a one time thing (meaning you only enter it once no matter if you backup after) then it's not any different from Witcher.
Coelocanth: The issue for me (and I assume many others as well) is the simple fact that one of GOG's basic business principles is DRM-free, so the appearance of DRMed content in a game - whether it's superfluous or not - is a concern. As I noted in an earlier post: slippery slope. What about the next dev that decides they'll sell their game here DRM-free but they want a one-time on-line authentication for any DLC they come out with? Possibly overthinking this, but I don't like the appearance of DRM in GOG's game no matter how trivial.
synfresh: If it's a one time thing (meaning you only enter it once no matter if you backup after) then it's not any different from Witcher.
The Witcher DLCs aren't DRM-free? You have to authenticate online to use them? Dang, GOG, what the heck.

I thought they were just DRM-free install files like regular DLC here.
synfresh: If it's a one time thing (meaning you only enter it once no matter if you backup after) then it's not any different from Witcher.
From what I know, you can download the additional content of the witcher many as you want, and you can install them offline. If not even the witcher 3 must not be sold on gog.
the inaccurate and misleading "(NOT-a)-review" has been edited by GOG:

--GOG.com Staff Edit--
You are not required to log in anywhere in order to play the single-player game and a GOG login is NOT required to play the game.
--GOG.com Staff Edit--
high rated
Yes, it is. Assume first time install of each game.

I DL my Witcher 3 files and all the DLC files. Take them to my off-line PC and install. Play. No worries.

I DL my Victor Vran files and take them to my off-line PC. Install. Try to get my in-game exclusive content. Oops, no can do.

So unless you first install Victor Vran on an on-line rig, you cannot get that content. You don't have to do the same with Witcher 3. You get all the content without ever having to install it on an on-line rig.
store exclusive content? seriously?
have you missed all the complaining here about game contents/features that are steam-only?
That kind of thing always sucks.

LiefLayer: I do not want this game on gog if it has DRM.
They could do a code that always work, without having to log in if they wanted to make a game drm-free.

If I can not trust gog, might as well buy on steam (not this game of course).
synfresh: No dev is going to do this when they are selling this game at other distributors, this isn't a GoG exclusive game. They are not going to make a special build for GoG, which is basically what your asking.
the game uses galaxy for achievements instead of steam achievements, so this is already a special build just for GOG.
LiefLayer: From what I know, you can download the additional content of the witcher many as you want, and you can install them offline. If not even the witcher 3 must not be sold on gog.
You have to login to download it. That's what I want to know. Once you login to get the extra content for this game, does something download locally to the game files which would then be in a backup to use later on without the authentication.
I'd like confirmation if this is basically a one-time drop.

From what I've read so far, it sounds like they're trying to adapt an MMO-style promo to a non-MMO game. "Log your character in between December 24th and January 1st and we'll drop some items like healing potions and cosmetic Santa hats into your inventory, once you use the potions up they're gone."

Only, in the context of a single-player game the MMO methodology just sounds wrong/odd.

VV's marketing and management had better be getting their explanations ready before Monday, or this is going to be one ugly dev chat. I'm willing to hear the devs and GOG staff out on what the intent and actual ramifications for backup, etc. are before making my final decision.