It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Iconic characters - Axel, Blaze, Adam - from an iconic game series reunite to clean up the city from the criminal scum. Streets of Rage 4 beat ‘em up game is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until May the 4th, 8 AM UTC. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks in the background, our heroes are ready to teach hordes of criminals a painful lesson.
Comments of Rage 4ever :p let's all punch ourselves in the face until we die so we don't have to be sad and angry and sangry over GOG aaaaa

Interesting how difficult it is to implement online multiplayer. Dusk has it but iirc that lead to a considerable release delay.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by tfishell
4th position on the current bestseller list.
Looks like a certain amount of people aren't that bothered by the absence of online co-op and might not even give a toss about the existing capability for local co-op either. And might just have bought it for the singleplayer portion, imagine that.
high rated
just played through two levels local co-op with my kiddo.

as long as you don't mind no online play, everything works perfectly (the local co-op, the controller support, etc)

game is awesome.
Post edited May 01, 2020 by user deleted
Very well done game technically and is very fun to play, thanks GOG; atleast when I buy from you I feel like the game is mine. Last store I can say this nowadays.

Game is of very high quality, I feel like I stole it at this price of twenty plus dollars :(
high rated
Carbon-Based Buffoon: When I made my post I was talking about the fact that once again GOG users get an inferior game and annoyingly for the same cost as Steam does.

Now I honestly don’t care about multiplayer anymore, I can do without it and I no longer get that dopamine buzz of topping the leaderboards, the same can be said for achievements and I was someone who used to crave that ‘ping’.

But what about the people who do want those features? They’re being sold a game that isn’t equal to another store, I get that Galaxy has just recently hit 2.0 and it isn’t as known as Valve’s steamworks, but it feels like there wasn’t even an effort to try to include GOG’s infrastructure?

At the end of the day GOG always says that they care about their customers and are fellow gamers, but when I see these types of errors I do question them.

In all honesty it seems as long as a buck is made that’s all that matters to them, that is their buzz, I know no company is your friend and maybe I’m getting old, but I would like DRM-Free to keep existing, I don’t want to be stuck with dead DRM, offline servers and clients and bogus online only single player, not to mention GOOGLE’s new draconian strongarm into the gaming scene.

I love GOG, they make me remember what is good about gaming, I just don’t like to see things like this is all.
yeah, but there are plenty of people who would rather buy it here sans online features rather than on steam or not at all, so what about them? i mean, it is clearly marked on the game's store page that it doesn't currently have online multiplayer (and i like to think it might at some point). and i would absolutely agree with you if the game's page wasn't clearly marked, but it is.
high rated
Idea: if you don't buy the game because of features lacking on the GOG version, let both the publisher (especially the publisher) and GOG support know this.
Post edited May 01, 2020 by tfishell
Post edited May 01, 2020 by user deleted
high rated
Zoidberg: If I buy this online on Switch I will have more service AND I'll pay less (because I like buying demat').

There's no point in the GOG version. Or it should be at least 5€ off than other stores' price.

It makes no point, especially during these times local coop isn't available at all because of the pandemic.

I'll remove it from my wishlist then.
you are obsessed with either buyin' games on other systems, or tryin' to 'connect' games for free.
gog needs consumers like you like they need a hole in teh head
No online mode here on GOG. And still they charge the same as on Steam's.

I mean, having this great game here is awesome, but this is so unfair. :(
Zoidberg: If I buy this online on Switch I will have more service AND I'll pay less (because I like buying demat').

There's no point in the GOG version. Or it should be at least 5€ off than other stores' price.

It makes no point, especially during these times local coop isn't available at all because of the pandemic.

Fairfox: you are obsessed with either buyin' games on other systems, or tryin' to 'connect' games for free.
366 games and a goger since 2008, and your psot gets high rated.

Geez, I am GLAD I am "a bullet to the head".

Vile things.
igrok: I really like Streets of Rage series and I hope at some point GOG will convince SEGA to bring these games here. As for SoR 4, I'll have to wait for compatibility reports from fellow linux users, since there is no multiplatform version, sadly.
Sega has nothing (other than publishing the original games) to do with this game, if they did? It simply wouldn't be here.

Sega are total A-holes regarding any degree of Software ownership.

No Sega game will ever come here.

Sorry

Fairfox: you are obsessed with either buyin' games on other systems, or tryin' to 'connect' games for free.
Sorry Fox, Zoid is right.

The tech is there to cross play between GoG and Steam, but its not using Default Steam.API coding so its rarely used.

Redout: Solar Ed, didn't have online multiplayer and was sold cheaper because of it, SoR4 should have really done the same.

I personally don't care about Online MP for games like this, but plenty of other people do, and it puts GoG at a disadvantage when their version doesn't support it.
mechmouse: Sega has nothing (other than publishing the original games) to do with this game, if they did? It simply wouldn't be here.

Well they sell the first two games on steam and without drm, plus they already offer their megadrive games on different consoles, so I don't see why they wouldn't be interested in additional revenue from GOG. Never say never.
mechmouse: Sega has nothing (other than publishing the original games) to do with this game, if they did? It simply wouldn't be here.

igrok: Well they sell the first two games on steam and without drm, plus they already offer their megadrive games on different consoles, so I don't see why they wouldn't be interested in additional revenue from GOG. Never say never.
When Oracle vs Usedsoft case ended in favour of software ownership, Sega updated their EULA to include "We don't recognise Software ownership".

I can't see it happening in the generation